Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stoked for laundry!!!

I'm not sur eif anyone else is as excited as I am that we can now make our sims do their laundry! I have no purchased any of the recent expansion packs (I'm quite poor at the moment) but I'll be sure to try and get my hands on Ambitions as soon as possible. I know it seems trite and maybe a little weird to be excited about the fact that our Sims can now do something so mundane, but I have a feeling it'll bring me closer to my little, happy, idyllic, happy virtual families. Plus I don't have to see my Sims wear the same clothes day in and day out, thinking they probably stink from wearing the ame outfit for their whole life. I'm interested to hear what other people think of this. Feel free to post! Check out my sims page if you get a chance. It's been a while since I've uploaded anything and most of it has probably been pulled down due to that face...but check it out all the same! :D

Comments

• Options
    kittana514kittana514 Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited May 2010
    Actually - I am excited about all the new objects. But the sims won't automatically change into a different outfit. After the shower when they drop the clothes onto the floor they change into the same outfit. It would have been nice for it to go to the next one you had planned, but happy anyway. :)
  • Options
    IstongoIstongo Posts: 626 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hello WaterHornet. I don't like doing laundry in real life unless someone I like is next to me and helping me out for laundry. Yet it has to be done in real life no matter what. Therefore if I see it in The Sims 3 game it can be interesting addition to our game.

I've already heard some simmers said they hate it in real life why they would enjoy it any better on this game too. :lol:
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited May 2010
    Well I'm not adding any laundry rooms to most of my houses, except the really expensive ones but I will be sure to send my sims off to the laundromat to socialize now.
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Yea, i agree with everyone. I think laundry was a great idea. It makes the game seem more realistic. Instead of their clothes magically disappearing and then re appearing out of nowhere. hopefully they will have more surprises in the game then we expect.
  • Options
    CBedna01CBedna01 Posts: 806 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I have been waiting for this since the begining of The Sims. It is such a mundane task but brings our sims one step closer to living somewhat real lives. It will also be something else to keep them busy when they have absolutely nothing to do. And it will be hilarious when my neat freak's have to do laundry but have absolutely no time in between cleaning up after all their babies (I have a hilarious family...you gotta see it. They all hate each other and are super messy but the mom is a neat freak...hilarious!)

I just can't wait for Ambitions. Already have it pre ordered!!!
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited May 2010
    My dad uninstalled sims 2 (plus all expansions and 1 stuff pack) from the family laptop so he says he owes me the next expansion pack. Can't wait!

Little does he know I'm planning on making him pay for several. :twisted:
  • Options
    cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm not sure about laundry yet. I was happy when they took out a lot of the micro management sims 2 had like picking diapers off the floor. We'll see.

I like Kittana's suggestion! I never set more then one set of clothes for a sim. If they would change into the next outfit that would be fun.
  • Options
    tiger_lily5tiger_lily5 Posts: 3,904 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm looking forward to this, I think it makes the game more realistic. My sims will need a bigger kitchen or a new laundry room building when it comes out!

I like the fact it's optional too, like you don't have to add the laundry stuff if you don't want, just in case some of my busy working and skill building sims don't have time to do the laundry!
    ✼ My TS3 MyPage
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I wonder if the maid will do the laundry and pick it up if you have one... I don't think I've seen that asked / answered anywhere.
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thats actually a really good question,and speaking of, completely off topic (sorry!) but whatever happened to the weeds in the gardens and the Gardener coming over??
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited May 2010
    kittana514 wrote:
    I wonder if the maid will do the laundry and pick it up if you have one... I don't think I've seen that asked / answered anywhere.

That is a good question, thought of that last night and you're right haven't seen anyone ask or answer that question. :P The maids I get usually never finish cleaning the house and just eat and watch T.V. :lol: , so I can't see them jumping in to help with the laundry. :lol:
  • Options
    SunshineandrozesSunshineandrozes Posts: 799 Member
    edited May 2010
    kittana514 wrote:

I too have always wanted the option of laundry since the Sims 1. As for the maid taking care of it, I don't know about anyone else, but the maids in my game are extremely lazy. :roll: They barely do the little things like making beds and clearing the dishes...lol.
  • Options
    tarylljdjtarylljdj Posts: 774 Member
    edited May 2010
    The Laundry in the sims 3 is kind of exciting to me, but I wonder what happens if you forget to wash the pile of clothing. I tend to forget to do things in the game like pick up the newspapers and check the mail, so now they are throwing the laundry in and I will probably forget to wash them too. So I wonder what will happend if the clothes do not get washed for awhile? :)
  • Options
    JolvsbooksJolvsbooks Posts: 306 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm excited about the laundry as well and personally can't wait to see the clothes hanging out on the washing line!! If I have to suffer and do the washing, my sims can as well :twisted: Fair play and all that!
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited May 2010
    I really like this new feature. Little features amuse me much more than the actual gameplay. I also am an anti-laundry, but i would love to try this in the game.

I will make a laundry room for my family...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I think it should have the green vapors like the sim gets for low hygiene
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited May 2010
    Laundry makes the game more realistic to be honest. I am excited for laundry. And I know laundry sucks in real-life but we have to do it...so my sims can also.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited May 2010
    I love the idea and I am excited! People that complain about it because they hate doing it in real life so doing it on the sims would be a pain make me curious...All you do is click and direct a few times plus it's optional so you don't HAVE to do it.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm also really excited for the opportunity to do laundry, it makes sims feel more realistic
  • Options
    brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I think the laundry idea is wicked but I'm also afraid because I'm think we're putting expectations in our head and when Ambitions actually comes out we might be dissapointed because, let's be honest, it definetly happened for WA...