Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No crash, not freezing, just perpetually loading in game

I've had this problem more than a few times... I'll go from build/buy mode into live mode or edit town, and it just has that blue loading circle going round and round and nothing ever happens. I have edge scrolling on and... it still scrolls around, so the game isn't "frozen" exactly, but it never goes to live mode or edit town.

I've had to just minimize the game and close it when this happens, and obviously lose all my progress.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    florida1cowboyflorida1cowboy Posts: 1,403 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like you have maybe issues with some CC, or if you have them MODS that are conflicting. I mean it is a possibilty. You might wanna get this, and run it. It is a great little program, plus it will clear all the game caches for you, and allow the game to refresh itself. ^^ Anyways. Good luck. :)^^

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
  • Options
    le0_le0_ Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I don't have any mods or custom content... just a few store items.
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited May 2010
    What I've noticed that on one of the new lots I made, I had so many plants and flowers that it would take about 15 seconds for the game to go from buy mode to live mode and vice versa.

Do you have a big lot with lots of stuff? Also, what are your computer specs?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Owwwww... Well, you might try clearing the game caches with that program all the same. Is your computer running real hot, or anything? Does it lock up on just SIMS3, or other stuff to. I was hoping that would help out. I am sorry. I hope you get it figgured out. SIM hugs. I feel your pain. I had a 3 month spree of probs with this game. I finally tore down my tower totally, built another computer from my junk boxes, and redid my game totally on it. I cant help much with programming type issues though. Other than mild MOD/CC issues a bit. :? Best luck on this. Happy SIMMING! ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This has happened on lots with very few things on them... the last was a fairly large house on a large lot, but had nothing in it. I was going back to Edit Town to save, but it never did. I'd saved that lot previously with no problems.

My PC has close to the minimum requirements... maybe marginally better - it isn't fabulous. I run on fairly low settings and generally don't have issues. Initial loading times are a bit long, but not extremely. Like, when this happens I've left it to see if it would EVENTUALLY load, and it's sat there for an hour still with the little blue circle spinning.

The last 2 times this happened, I'm pretty sure the lots were from Riverview... but maybe that's just a coincidence? I don't remember the times before that.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    My game has locked up many times, but was in LARGE worlds I downloaded with large populations. My computer couldn't handle all the activity I guess. I have to use smaller worlds, or lag, and freeze ups still happen at times.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks, florida... I might try that and see if it helps any. The PC seems to be running just fine otherwise... but it isn't mine, so there's little I can do about it, even if there were issues. Buying myself a PC sometime soon, so I'm just trying to make do here.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I made a graveyard with like 138 ghost in it. EVERY NIGHT at 11, my game would start lag locking, freezing up terribly. it seems ghost are extremely active! lol :shock: :lol:
  • Options
    Clay4512Clay4512 Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've been having the same exact problem. I hope their will be a good solution to this. Except for me, this is happening in Twinbrook, the newest town, and I just wanna move my family to a larger house. Now I did it once, and when I was done refurnishing the entire house, and it's pretty big, I clicked Live Mode and the game got stuck on the loading screen with the little blue circle. I lost all my prgress for that whole day. And today I did it again, but I saved before I when to Edit Town, and I tried saving when I was about halfway done with the house. I just minimized the game and I'm gonna leave it alone for a while to see if it does anything.
  • Options
    GjameskentGjameskent Posts: 37
    edited January 2011
    I've been having the same prob! When im in build mode for about 20 minutes and i go to live mode theres just a loading circle?! I dont want to download any mods and im really disappointed because this keeps on happening! Every time i think something is fixed something else comes along and spoils it!

Im running a:
    HP Compaq CQ61 315-SA
    3GB
    250GB
    Intel GMA 4500MHD
    2.2GHZ
    :(:(:(
  • Options
    YazmynnaYazmynna Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2012
    The same thing has been happening to me! I was building an apartment for my sim, and I went to live mode, but now it's stuck loading. How do I even exit out the game?!
    :?: :?: :?: