Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

KimSim1965's (a.k.a SIMple Bliss) Thread: Parent Trap Let's Play Series

Comments

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kim
    This is a beautiful build love the eclectic mix of furnishing with the crisp white decor works so well together. :thumbup:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kim, :D

I have already commented on this house but still wanted to stop by to take a second peek! You have done a wonderful job with this build! Gorgeous architecture, perfect garden and tastefully decorated interiors! Just stunning Kim! Wish I could recommend though!
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited June 2010
    Vertes Saisons is simply stunning. the exteriors are flawless and the interiors are fabulous. The landscaping is beautiful. I really love your color palettes. They are very unique and exciting. Reced and faved!
  • Options
    KayBeaKayBea Posts: 388 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kim,
    All of your houses are so beautiful. I feel almost as if I was looking at pictures of real homes. I love the house you did for the copycat challenge, I rec'd it awhile ago, and added it to my favorites. I hope the new challenge gets extended, I was really looking forward to seeing what you did with that house.
    The bungalow breanne is beautiful, and I love how the stove sits in the island (I get excited by these things sometimes they are so creative). I would rec it if I could, so I'll just go and rec all your other beautiful creations. :)
  • Options
    KimSim1965KimSim1965 Posts: 712 Member
    edited June 2010
    folly, yanti, eve, and kaybea: Thank you all so much for the nice comments.

Yanti, if you want to rec, I may put the limited CC version on the Exchange once it gets up again. For now, I'm waiting it out. But, in the meantime, thanks for the "mental" rec. LOL It's all good! Love your work, Yanti!

kaybea: Thanks for marking my lot as a favorite! That makes my day! :-) I'm going to go take a look at your page now. Look for a friend request coming your way...(edit: I just looked at your lots! You have some very lovely stuff, KayBea! Rec's all around!!!)

folly and eve: Your keen eyes and descriptive reviews of my design also make my day! You both are so talented...I absolutely love getting your comments!

Have a great day, ladies! :-)
    Kim

• Options
    edited June 2010

Good Day, fellow Simmers! :wink:

Just submitted my entry for the BnS Challenge #54. Hope you enjoy my lot, Serenity.

Info & pics: http://kimsim1965.wordpress.com/residential-lots/serenity-build-and-share-challenge-54/

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2515864

serenity4.jpg"width=600""height=450"

Recommend if you like...and I hope you like! :-)

Happy Simming!
    Kim
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kim! :)
    Serenity is amazing. I love the landscaping, and the interiors are beautiful. The kitchen looks so warm and inviting, I love the tiles. It's all just so beautiful.
    Rec from me.
  • Options
    ReesesPiecesNo1ReesesPiecesNo1 Posts: 1,023 Member
    edited June 2010
    Your really good. I have a lot of questions seeing as you have CC..

but we should become a team..haha :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kay! Thanks for the compliment. Glad you liked it. :mrgreen:

Hi Reeses. So you want to team up, eh? LOL Thanks for your compliment. I purposely tried NOT to use CC in this build, so there shouldn't be any there. Unless I used a third-party pattern unintentionally, every buy and build item is either from the base game, EPs, stuff pack, or the Sims 3 Store. The most noticeable items are the Hacienda collection window and doors, probably. Is that what you were questioning? :?: :D

Happy Simming, Simmers!
    Kim
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi again Kim,

Your cottage looks so picturesque! Nice choice of colour for the exterior wall! Love that garden! Also, love the fact that you have used the spanish doors and windows for the lot! Looks very eye catching! Inside, all the rooms are very tastefully decorated! Left a recommendation for your lot! Good luck with the challenge! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi Yanti: It's always great to hear from you! Thanks for the feedback.

Still waiting to hear the results of the challenge. There were a lot of really good entries, so we'll see... :?

Kim
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    KimSim1965 wrote:
    Hi Kay! Thanks for the compliment. Glad you liked it. :mrgreen:

Hi Reeses. So you want to team up, eh? LOL Thanks for your compliment. I purposely tried NOT to use CC in this build, so there shouldn't be any there. Unless I used a third-party pattern unintentionally, every buy and build item is either from the base game, EPs, stuff pack, or the Sims 3 Store. The most noticeable items are the Hacienda collection window and doors, probably. Is that what you were questioning? :?: :D

Happy Simming, Simmers!
    Kim

ShureShure.

And okay maybe thats why they looked like CC. But do you have CC in your game?
    And what catagory where you in challange 54?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ShureShure.

And okay maybe thats why they looked like CC. But do you have CC in your game?
    And what catagory where you in challange 54?

Hi Reeses. :-)
    I do have CC in my game, actually, but I tried not to use it in this particular challenge.
    I entered in the intermediate category.
    Good to hear from you.
    Kim
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Me too, well best luck to you. You'll need it :wink:
    jk

Uhm if you could help me with CC, i just cant get it installed no matter how many methods i try.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My entry for Copy Cat Challenge #10 is now available. Check out Mimsy Cottage here: http://kimsim1965.wordpress.com/challenge-builds/mimsy-cottage-copy-cat-challenge-10/

[img]http://kimsim1965.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/mimsyaab1.jpg"width=600""height=450 "[/img]

Rec if you like, please. Thanks!
    Kim
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wow Kim, your house is beautiful, and vibrant. It just amazes me that it is the same floor plan. Rec from me.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, Kay! I'm glad you like it. :mrgreen:

I know; it always fascinates me how many different outcomes we all have of the same plan. The creative process is amazing! :shock:

Kim
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited June 2010
    Wonderful builds! The Copy Cat challenge one above is beautifully done, and I think you did a wonderful job on it!

I'm heading off to rec'd and check out the rest of this thread.

Also, I should go and check out this Copy Cat challenge, as I haven't seen it yet! Looks interesting, though.
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited June 2010
    I love Serenity and gave it a recommendation. It's so adorable how you curved the front walkway from the porch and all the landscaping is really beautiful. I also really like your Mimsy Cottage and family and I gave both a recommendation. Thank you for sharing your work!
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    I love your homes Artemis and Arbor Breeze :) they're beautiful recd both
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited June 2010
    :mrgreen: I know commented on the other site, just wanted to leave a note here too on what a great job you're doing!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi Kim, :mrgreen:

You are very talented! I really love your builds and this is no exception! First of all I like the architecture very much! Nice choice of exterior wall colour! The garden looks beautiful! I like the little recycle area, the vegetable patch, the swimming pool/barbecue area very much! Inside, I just love your bold choice of colours! It looks very summery inside! :P Love your palette of lime green, pink and white! The living room, kitchen with the little breakfast area, the dining room, the double bedroom, the gallery upstairs looking down on the living area looks really stunning! You have got great eye for details! Must have taken you days to build and decorate everything! Also, great job creating the Mimsy family! They look really cute! Specially the children! I am off to your studio to recommend! Did you upload this lot? I didn't see the upload link! Anyway, I will take a look in your studio! :thumbup:

P.S. Okay I found the lot in your studio and recommended it!
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Dear misscbong, Jupiter, maria, judy, and yanti:
    Thank you, ladies, for all your compliments! :shock: I am both flattered and appreciative of the time you all took to make a comment here. Thanks for checking out Kim's Creative Outlet, too.

Ms. Yanti! :-) The color scheme I used was an optional challenge within the Copy Cat base challenge. It was called "melon ball surprise" and when I first started trying to design with it, I thought "Oh my, this is going to be tough!" and, well, yes, it was tough. It took me four days to make this lot...well PARTS of the day for four straight days (except when I had to work and attend to RL, of course), but I am happy with the result. Now, I think I will take a brief day or two off from building and enjoy actually PLAYING the game. My 19 y/o son always razzes me when he walks into our home office and sees me "yet again" building instead of playing the Sims! He wonders why I spend so little time in actual gameplay. LOL But, I'd wager that you can relate since you are quite the builder yourself. :-)

Thanks, again, to you all!
    Kim
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    UPDATE: 8/24/2010

See PAGE 1 of this thread for more info and links to two new lot uploads: Amber Waves and Bridgeview.

Hope you enjoy.

Happy Simming,
    Kim
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey there Kimsim,

Lovely to see your 2 new lots in the exchange! I like both of them but my favourite has to be Amber Waves! I love the architecture and the vibrant colour combinations! Inside, all the rooms are nicely decorated! Like the landscaping and the pool area too! Bridgeview is full of country charm! I specially love the interiors! The kitchen and the double bedroom looks sooooo good! Good job as always Kimsim! Left 2 very well deserved recommendations for your lots! :thumbup: