May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lagging?

So my game has been lagging so much that it takes 30 minutes to load into a family. This is the first time that it has ever happened to me. And I recently figured out how to install cc with the .package files. And I was wondering of the cc is what is making my game lag or could it be something else?

Comments

• Options
    GLAMhorrorGLAMhorror Posts: 108 Member
    edited April 2010
    Not literally 30 minutes... But I know it's over ten. And it also lags inside the game. Like it takes ten minutes to load one little thing, and that doesn't include everything else.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And whenever I pull up the task menu it says the game is not responding. But it only takes forever to pull up the things, it is still responding. I need help!
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi,

As you are using third party custom content in the game, the following may provide an explanation to your issue:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:

It may be that you'll need to uninstall the custom content. I know that there is some CC that slows down users' systems due to its sheer file size.

Please note that the combined total of the custom content installed can cause crashing in addition to slowdowns. This is especially true if the content is in an uncompressed or non-optimized format. The following threads may be of interest to you:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/96443.page
    And:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/164715.page

Defragging the hard disk, in addition to minimizing the amount of third party custom content installed into the game, should improve your game speed and load times.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Thank you.
    I will try to remove the cc and see if my game runs faster, if that is the case then I will delete most of the cc. :)
  • Options
    kekovkekov Posts: 62 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I don't know...yesterday I had my game on all day and it worked perfectly. Then I switched families and when I went to play, the game would stall every five seconds. I haven't installed anything new for a week. Is it CC? I doubt it.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited April 2010
    Kekov,

Please refer to the following message regarding third party content:
    From SimGuru_BGY_11:
    Hi, all.

Electronic Arts has not checked the source code for any 3rd party programs, such as Awesomemod or Indie Stone. Electronic Arts will not be held responsible for anything that should happen to your game or computer as a result of using these programs. Electronic Arts does not support these programs. If you have problems with them, please contact the author of the program directly. Use at your own risk.

That said, as long as CC and mods do not raise the game's rating to M, it's fine to discuss them in General; we cannot provide any support for 3rd party content in Tech, though we will do our best to get your game running if issues with EA's content occurs.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!