Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where is tiberium found?

I have a quest for it, and I am tired of waiting for my sims to skill up to maybe get it from the block breaker.

Comments

• Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited April 2010
    There is no 'maybe' with the board breaker. If you keep at it you WILL get tiberium sooner or later.

As for searching for it, anywhere that spawns high end gems is a potential spot but it's at least as difficult to find as plutotium if not more so. You'll have seriously better luck with the board breaker.

I am assuming you want it for the Science career in which case I have a recommendation. Make sure you wait until they grow into large spire cuts. The amount you get paid varies directly with the worth of the gems you bring in by about x3 or x3.5. If you only bring in $100 worth of raw gems you'll be sorely disappointed. But 80k in gems? will get you around 240K in cash.

Also though, tiberium from board breakers won't grow on their own until you travel with them or have them cut. (heart cut will work fine)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited April 2010
    I've had luck finding tiberium in two places. First, the relic merchant occasionally carries it; once they had THREE pieces for sale on the same day. Naturally, I bought all three. :twisted: Cha-CHING, baby! Once it morphed into the large-spire tiberium crystals, my sims had over one hundred thousand simoleans in the bank.

As for finding it on the ground, I will try to explain where in Egypt I have found it. It is near the Water Temple pyramid. (Can't think of its name, exactly, but I know that "Water Temple" is part of the pyramid adventure there.)

If you go to the neighborhood map of Egypt, and have the "Water Temple" pyramid at the bottom of your screen, you'll see that there is an area right above it that is a little oasis, with lots of palm trees. It's there that you can fish for crocodile and the mummyfish, too.

If you look just above this oasis area, there is a somewhat circular area of bare sand. If you are down at ground level with your sims, it's ringed in with cliffs on most of the sides. The tiberium can be found in this sandy area, along with two or three excavation sites, and a medium-sized meteor, too.

You have to keep looking; the tiberium is only there about once every three days or so, and sometimes not at all. But be patient, and if your sims have the collection helper thingy, it will be easy to spot. It looks just like an emerald, but when your sim picks it up, it tells you that it is tiberium instead.

Good luck! :-)
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited April 2010
    That's just a tad too easy. I'm calling luck. Though I've found tiberium in Egypt before I've only found maybe 3 pieces on the ground in the entire time I've had WA but I've aquired dozens with the board breaker. Sometimes 3 or 4 in day.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Halle_M wrote:
    If you go to the neighborhood map of Egypt, and have the "Water Temple" pyramid at the bottom of your screen, you'll see that there is an area right above it that is a little oasis, with lots of palm trees. It's there that you can fish for crocodile and the mummyfish, too.

If you look just above this oasis area, there is a somewhat circular area of bare sand. If you are down at ground level with your sims, it's ringed in with cliffs on most of the sides. The tiberium can be found in this sandy area, along with two or three excavation sites, and a medium-sized meteor, too.

I've found a few pieces there too, whatever type of spawner they have in that area seems to be the one that favours Tiberium (I don't think it's limited to Tiberium though, I don't remember seeing a Tiberium spawner option in the list anyway). It's probably something like high-value Egypt gems. If I remember my Command and Conquer right, Tiberium was originally found around the Nile so it makes sense that it's found in Egypt.

The board breaker is still a great option though, especially if you want a regular supply of Tiberium. It doesn't really take all that long to do the 150 Oak (or higher) boards, especially with a Disciplined sim (who will also enjoy breaking the boards).
  • Options
    valjeanievaljeanie Posts: 107 Member
    edited April 2010
    Thanks, I knew that I had found it somewhere, for some reason I thought China.
  • Options
    burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited April 2010
    There are actually two Tiberium spawners. They are Tiberium- High and Tiberium- Low.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    There are actually two Tiberium spawners. They are Tiberium- High and Tiberium- Low.

Ah, that's probably it then, I obviously didn't pay much attention to the spawners list :).