The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stair Stacking?

Ever since they added the ability to stack the stairs onto eachother i've been useing it. But after the patch it worked fine i was happy as could be. Then the next patch after that one disabled them or something makeing it so your sims seem to find some kind of object or wall at the top of the stairs and walk right back down. Since i've designed my house to use this feature to remove the stairs is just not an option the 3rd floor is totaly inaccessible if i remove the second set of stairs. I checked the forum but couldn't get anything to come up.

This is a video of what i'm talking about. I have tryed removeing things around the stairs it does no good.

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h219/mystery42/?action=view&current=Video.flv

Comments

• Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I've also had a lot of troubles with stairs that used to work suddenly no longer working. The Wolff house that is included in Sunset Valley is a prime example.

The only way I've found to deal with it is to completely bulldoze the steps and start over, but usually doing this requires remodeling of the house too, knocking down walls, leaving extra spaces around the staircases, etc. It's annoying.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited April 2010
    Ive never been able to get stacking stairs to work.
  • Options
    Steve42PlaySteve42Play Posts: 217 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Nice to know its not just me i didn't want to have to reinstall the game. Sucks cuz now i have to find a new way to the 3rd floor.
  • Options
    LostInPhilly89LostInPhilly89 Posts: 10
    edited September 2010
    I came across the same problem yesterday. After some research, I found that the stacked stairs only work when placed north to south. If you're playing in Sunset Valley, stairs that run parallel with City Hall (left of the building to right or vice versa) will work correctly. However, if you turn your stacked stairs 90 degrees, Mr. Sim will walk up and turn around at the top. It's one of those glitches that's just really annoying.