May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What About you?

Heyy Simmers,

Camtown00 here, I was just really bored and decied 2 make an topic!

Ok here it is " What 'bout you?" I was thinking People! OMGZ! ther bring everyones hopes up on whats gonna happen even though its not and they think the game will SOOOO FUNN AND AWSOME! But i mean it DOES look really fun and all but its not gonna be as good as they think! Sooo What 'bout you, do you think its gonna be all Great as everyone think it is or no?........ :-o

Comments

• Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited April 2010
    There are several features I'm looking forward to but I go out of my way to not get my hopes up. Just call me a realistic optomist. :)

Tattoos have a lot of potential and the return of stylists is certainly welcome. I'm trying to reserve judgement on most of the features. Far too little information. But with stylists I can change the look of all my neighbors while not having to play each and every family so it also becomes a question of convenience for my partiular plans.
  • Options
    camtown00camtown00 Posts: 295 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Well i mean it does look fun and stuff its just people are going a little far, and soon when the game comes out some people hopes are gonna be like crushed, you know its like people telling cool stuff they might have then when the other people that look at the fourm and then buy the game and see its not there there gonna be all madish and stuff
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited April 2010
    You sound excited!

The thing is people like complaining. The EP will probably be fun and most people will like it. However, some people will whine and others will have genuine feedback. I'm lookig forward to it!

Px
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PollySim wrote:
    You sound excited!

The thing is people like complaining. The EP will probably be fun and most people will like it. However, some people will whine and others will have genuine feedback. I'm lookig forward to it!

Px

Pollysim,
    I think your right and all, and i lovehow happy you are on the game
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You nearly got it right. People have some very real worries and gaming doesn't figure. Of course it's frustrating if you invest in something and it doesn't meet your expectations but it really isn't that big a thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Pollysim,

I know this is kinda off topic, But what ARE those things on your banner thing? (The elephant things)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Haha! Thanks for asking! They are haggis. We eat them in Scotland. Realdeal made it for me. I love it!

Px
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    lol cartoon haggis..
    Well i mean it does look fun and stuff its just people are going a little far, and soon when the game comes out some people hopes are gonna be like crushed, you know its like people telling cool stuff they might have then when the other people that look at the fourm and then buy the game and see its not there there gonna be all madish and stuff

Players in general are an interesting bunch but they're also impatient, over emotional, selfish and love to complain. Their imaginations often run away with them with all the hype. It's just something that they have to live with.

Even if the game was absolutely "perfect" and had no bugs whatsoever and it had everything the players ever asked for *cringe*.. they would still find things to be disappointed and complain about.

But it is fun to speculate, hope and dream of what might be. I just try to not let myself fall into the trap of expecting too much.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Jaghar7,

Your right i've been on the High end Loft stuff and I read some fourms seeing if it was good enough to buy, So i read a few and almost everyone's Fourm/Story about it either said That was worst 20 bucks i've spent, and blah blah blah And i thought You'd really think that is bad, It NOT a EP its a Stuffs pack, But anyway I bought it and i didnt think it was bad or horrible.....
    :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PollySim wrote:
    Haha! Thanks for asking! They are haggis. We eat them in Scotland. Realdeal made it for me. I love it!

Px

Haha thanks for thanking me for asking! Hehe, Those look really cute there, But i've never seen them or heard of them before, Think you could maybe put a pic :lol: ha, Also they look like little baby thingy Elephants lol a Elephant/Thingy weird animal! Sorry if that maybe a insult to you, Cuz you know there animal/insects or something to you
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    heh I've never actually had haggis (or seen one) but I've a inkling of what it is. I think you're safe. :)

The other thing too is that unhappy people are the ones who make the most noise. For my part I refuse to spend money on stuff packs or the store since I feel like it's all grossly overpriced.

If you weigh the cost of individual objects in the basegame and EPs vs Stuff Packs and then the Store.. Stuff Pack objects cost way more (in relation to how many you get vs EPs), and Store items cost more on an item per item basis that the Stuff Packs.. It's a total rip off. Besides that there's never enough in a single stuff pack that I actually want. Though the large aquarium sounds pretty tempting after reading something about breeding fish.

Anyhow, I try not to be too bothered by what most folks say. They really do do it themselves. I treat a game like I treat going to a movie. My only expectation is that I want to enjoy it and then I almost always do while others walk out complaining about how bad it is because of this or that. I can just shrug it off cause I don't go out of my way to set myself up for disappointment.
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited April 2010
    I've never disliked (or not bought) a sims EP/SP as they all impress me....the thing with TS3 EPs is that they're even more fun to play! they're packed full of fun stuff to do, whereas with TS2 i got bored of the EPs easily
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    munckeimunckei Posts: 648 New Member
    edited April 2010
    The reason why The Sims 3 EP's are or may be more fun, is because of the open world as it allows for more intricate play.
  • Options
    Beck68Beck68 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Well, I thought it's about time I joined in instead of just reading these things through.

I have always brought the EP's and the Stuff Packs and I download stuff from the online store because it enhances my game in the way I play it, and that's my point.
    Because of the nature of the Sims, everybody has different ideas about the way they play it and therefore about what they want from it.

Some people like the idea of monsters and mythical creatures and aliens because that's the way they play their game.

Personally, I play mine more like an interactive soap opera. I have a story going on inside my head all the while I play so, yes, I'm looking forward to this EP because it will allow my game to progress more along the lines that I play.

My point is, because it is entirely up the player HOW they play, there will always be people overjoyed at each new EP announcement and people who are frankly disappointed.

But I think that regardless of how you personally play, each expansion pack always brings something new to the game that you may not have thought about but afterwards can't do without - for me in WA that was building basements without any hassle. I don't know what it will be in Ambitions but I'm looking forward to finding out :)
  • Options
    SheltieMum0SheltieMum0 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I am just easily impressed, so whatever they do with this new EP will impress me so long as it doesn't screw up my game and make me re-install everything. That is the reason I've never bought World Adventures...I want it, but after reading all the issues I'm afraid to get it.

I'm just looking forward to some new things to do, since I've been playing with the base game since it came out. So I'm getting rather excited for this EP, there will be things I don't like and other things I'll love, but that goes with everything in life.
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited April 2010
    I would have my hopes up.
    I was so thrilled by WA at first and then my anticipation dropped as I learned about it, then when it came out, I think it was nice...

I think this will be awesome. Anyway, I'm only looking forward for the sculpting, and inventing skills so I care not much about the... Who knows, I might get hooked up with the other things it'll offer...
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited April 2010
    Going to work with my sims was never a huge demand for me, but I did support other simmers who wanted it back on the TS2 site. Some argued that it wouldn't be possible. I thought it would be great if the traditional work related Chance Cards were turned into live work scenarios that we could play out. However, I didn't want to be at work with my sims for the whole day. I take it we will be able to leave them to work on their own anytime we want and drop in to check on them as well?

I'm taking the "wait and see approach". I think I might just wait for others to buy it first to see if the game plays nice with CC and game play mods. I never want to go through that blue lot issue again.

I do think the EP will add more to the game, and the inventor, architect, private investigator, ghost buster, and perhaps the fire fighter interest me. And I'm very happy about being able to place lots where we want them and being able to place neighborhood decorations.

I'm still waiting for a bigger focus on social interactions, group dynamics, and fun and interesting places to go in town. Sunset Valley is still a boring place. Most of my sims just sit around reading books and those who do interact...it's just not fun to watch. I'm sure interacting with other sims around the neighborhood will be a lot more fun as more EPs are added.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChelseabexChelseabex Posts: 95 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Well, i think that Ambitions is much more hyped up than WA. The trailer was amazing. Plus its like OFB & Freetime combined in a way, which were very popular! :D I'm defiently looking forward to lots of the features in this new EP. Earthquakes, motorcycles, no rabbit holes & tonnes of new careers! Yay :]
  • Options
    DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2010
    CK213 wrote:

I'm still waiting for a bigger focus on social interactions, group dynamics, and fun and interesting places to go in town. Sunset Valley is still a boring place. Most of my sims just sit around reading books and those who do interact...it's just not fun to watch. I'm sure interacting with other sims around the neighborhood will be a lot more fun as more EPs are added.

I'm with you on this aspect of gameplay-the interactions at this point mostly feel like work. I'm hoping for more fun and social/romantic interactions, although I'm not really anticipating a big change with this EP. That said, it does look like a lot of fun. It was mentioned that the architect, for instance, is more successful if the remodel is aimed at the client's likes and dislikes-that seems like a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    PixieStixPixieStix Posts: 1,956 Member
    edited April 2010
    camtown00 wrote:
    PollySim wrote:

Px

Haha thanks for thanking me for asking! Hehe, Those look really cute there, But i've never seen them or heard of them before, Think you could maybe put a pic :lol: ha, Also they look like little baby thingy Elephants lol a Elephant/Thingy weird animal! Sorry if that maybe a insult to you, Cuz you know there animal/insects or something to you

This is haggis.

http://blog.newsok.com/thepetshow/files/2010/02/haggis.jpg

It isn't an animal but it is from one. It is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Traditionally a Scottish dish. Hope that clears things up a bit.
    LadySmitanbanner_zps7eszqcmq.jpg
    YouTube:Lady Smitan Twitter:@LadySmitan Gallery:LadySmitan
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    CK213 wrote:

I'm looking forward to a social expansion as well, I'm hoping it'll be next but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. It doesn't necessarily have to be like Nightlife, actually just adding some options to that which already exists wouldn't hurt since there are lots of activities that could benefit from interaction between sims.

As to the Haggis issue, it's delicious and you should try it :).
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    PixieStix wrote:
    camtown00 wrote:
    PollySim wrote:

Px

This is haggis.

http://blog.newsok.com/thepetshow/files/2010/02/haggis.jpg

It isn't an animal but it is from one. It is a dish containing sheep's 'pluck' (heart, liver and lungs), minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and traditionally simmered in the animal's stomach for approximately three hours. Traditionally a Scottish dish. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Ohh well i've never really heard of them so i didnt really know they were like PART of a animal, and thanks for showing and like telling the Deff on what they are cuz from here Neever heard of them, I guess ill try one if or when i go to Scottland or something, Thanks Alot (Sorry for the off topic thing) veeery much Pixie Stich (LOOOOVE the Name)

~Camtown00
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I have learned never get to expect to much about anything or now that I think about it anyone. lol. I know that sounds cynical. But honestly if I don't get my hopes up on things (not people just things) that I won't be disappointed because I expect little for the thing I wanted. Good philosophy from games. lol. If you expect the minimum and if you get more than that then ya'll be happy. I like the careers it's adding so I'm happy about the ep and can't wait until it comes out just because I like the new jobs. I wish law was included though so you can "sue" the sim that messes up your hair, your house, your sculpture that you were planning on decorating your house with, or your tattoo. lol
  • Options
    Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I think the law idea sounds really cool. Great idea!
  • Options
    RobECoyoteRobECoyote Posts: 267 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I've only ever been disappointed by one Sims EP/SP, and that was On Holiday/Vacation for the first game.

Every other one has been relatively well received by me. EP's I expect to enhance the gameplay in some way, and none have ever failed to do so. Some have been alright, others have been downright brilliant, but all have been, as far as I'm concerned, worth the money. Stuff packs, well, they're exactly what I expect of them, more items.

So long as an EP enhances and expands the game, I'll be happy with it. If it simply adds more of the same, I won't be (That's what Stuff Packs are for).

Oh, I have also learned from experience. As a serious Sims veteran, having *all* packs for all games...Ambitions is going to be buggy, have serious game threatening issues, and I'm going to play around with it's features on throwaway games and copies of my main saves and not use it with my proper sims stories until at least the first patch is out ;)