Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fu-Dog

I've been using one sim to go through all tombs and gather all relics for a museum. She was able to get all except for a Fu-Dog from the Dangerous Creatures. She has been to China several times and has cleared out all chests, but no luck. She has gotten other relics from Dangerous Creatures multiple times in France and Egypt, so I know it can be done. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Just keep going back to China. Check out the dig sites too, bring some friends to speed things along.

I just used an entire 15 day vacation with 4 family members.. most of which was spent in search of assassin bugs and digging up sites.

I went through every tomb in China, including the ones I had done in a previous trip. I dug out every site for over a straight week looking for the Fu Dog and chinese dropa stones. I even checked the relic merchant.

I eventually found 2 Fu Dogs. Out of the 2 dropa stones I finally found 1 on what was probably the last dig sight on the evening of the last day. I'm a little annoyed that I have to go back to look for the final dropa stone after all that. I dug up probably over 200 common relics.

Sometimes luck just isn't on your side. Just need to keep at it. I sure did find an awful lot of ***** though. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh for crying out loud! *********.. you put flowers in them for Pete's sake! (Who in the heck is Pete anyway???)

EDIT: V4s3s ok?? Are you going to censor THAT too? *grumble* stupid forums..
  • Options
    Tilandra1_Tilandra1_ Posts: 38 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Sometimes I find collection items at the Relics shop at the market. Might want to check there, too. (They're usually the most expensive items)
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Oh for crying out loud! *********.. you put flowers in them for Pete's sake! (Who in the heck is Pete anyway???)

EDIT: V4s3s ok?? Are you going to censor THAT too? *grumble* stupid forums..

Ah the joy of filters :). At least we're not trying to talk about a certain Chinese Mummy and his name that sounds like the noise a bell makes :).
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm sorry but LMAO at the things that get censored. I wonfer if it will censor vause as well. (phoenetic high brow pronunciation.)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited March 2010
    Back she goes to China it looks like. I really appreciate the replies. Time for another round of re-search all chests, excavate all dig sites and a daily check at the relic shop! I was just worried it was the butterfly in Sims 2 all over again. :roll:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If you feel like cheating you can place a treasure spawner and I think it lets you choose a specific relic or at least relic set that should spawn there. You'll need to press ctrl+shift+c then type "testingcheatsenabled true" followed by "buydebug on" (both without quotes) to access the tomb objects where the spawner is and then shift+click on it to choose the treasure that appears, I haven't tested how this works but it might take a little while before it appears or it might appear immediately.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'll be going back to China as well. *sigh* Egypt first though then back to France for the last two relics.. All so one special sim can have bragging rights. She'd better appreciate it!

As for the spawners I'm sure the timer has a range on it.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited March 2010
    Ya know? We are all crazy. And I (I think) mean that in a good way.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited March 2010
    I get the fu dog every time from one of the hidden rooms in the first section of Dragon cave.

If you are really having a problem finding it, you may want to employ testing cheat then shft+click the floor in the tomb and chose build on this lot, just to get a look at any hidden room you may have missed - don't actually change anything, just use that cheat to look around then go back to live mode and figure out how to get to what you missed.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Or alternatively, get at least a level 2 visa in Egypt and buy the Tear of Horus. It will show you where most of the loot is. It also shows you where all the dig sites are.

In my case, searching the tombs for relics was a waste of time. At least the relics I was missing. I scoured every tomb in China and not one Fu Dog, not one dropa stone. Not spawned and not in any chest. I ultimately found them all in dig sites over 2 trips. (4 sims searching). Not even the relic merchant had any the entire time.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The Dropa stones are the ones I'm missing for my adventuring sim too, it's a shame they don't have pre-determined one shot locations so that you're guaranteed to get every single relic if you find every single hidden area in every tomb.
  • Options
    Sim_ple_easeSim_ple_ease Posts: 334
    edited March 2010
    I did get a Foo Dog, but sorry don't remember, I think it might have been in the Spa in China.
  • Options
    burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I have only ever found one Fu-Dog and I bought it from the relic merchant. It was the last relic I needed to finish off all of my collections. I didn't even know it was a part of the Dangerous Creatures collection when I bought it. Now the Dropa Stones, I've found heaps of those from various means.
  • Options
    Sim_ple_easeSim_ple_ease Posts: 334
    edited March 2010
    dizzydee wrote:
    Ya know? We are all crazy. And I (I think) mean that in a good way.

*lol* worth repeating.
    I am here to tell you I love playing my Sim, I have done so since the very first one, but never as often as I play my World Adventure Sim. It's good fun and frustrating at the same time. I have grandchildren old enough to play it, but hope they don't. Too much time sitting..
  • Options
    dew0330dew0330 Posts: 394 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I am having the opposite problem, I need the dangerous creatures that are in Egypt, I havent done a whole lot of looking but after I get the last two dangerous creature relics I only have to get a couple more from the French Tomb collection and I will have gotten all the relics (with one sim)!