Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When you're downloading custom content...

rubygal25rubygal25 Posts: 1,157 New Member
I kinda sort of know how to do this and I was reading a step by step so I found packages in the sims 3 folder, then it said please insert a disk to burn? Is that what you do to get custom content on the game? Please & Thank you! :D

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    bump
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    You have to make a Mods folder with a Packages folder within it so it would be like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Mods\Packages

(x86) for a 64-bit system.

WA instead of HELS or Base Game instead of either. Depends on what you have.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    bex_oalenbex_oalen Posts: 509 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I don't know what happened, but it shouldn't have. Do you have Mac or Windows?

For Windows:
    1.Get Winrar (google it and it will come up.)
    2.Choose the CC you want and download it.
    3.When it is done downloading, right-click it and choose "Extract Here"
    ROUTE A=
    4. If it is a package file, right-click and choose "Cut"
    5. Open your Mods-Packages folder in sims. This should be:
    "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages" If you haven't already made them, you will have to make the Mods and the Packages folder.
    6. Paste the CC into the PAckage folder.

ROUTE B=
    4. If it is in the Sims3Pack form, double click on it and it will just upload via the Sims 3 GAme LAuncher.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have windows, but its too confusing to do all the folders and stuff, i'll just stick to getting my cc from households, until I get more knowledgeble w/this sims stuff. Thanks for your help though :)