Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The O’Connor Gene Challenge. Chapter 30- Baby 11 has arrived

Comments

• Options
    mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,053 Member
    edited November 2010
    here you go! it's the house i used for my failed 100 baby challenge. it's got everything you need :)

edit: forgot the link :oops:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2298564
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh yeah, it has 6 bedrooms: 4 kids rooms, a master, and a nursery. it has an open kitchen/dining room/living room floor plan so there is plenty of space. there is also a playground in the back of the house for the kids to play on the only thing im not sure on is if the dining table seats 10. i think it seats 8, but there are 3 high chairs there too :mrgreen:

i hope it's what you're looking for!
  • Options
    Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Cool house, I'll definately check it out. Thanks!
  • Options
    megan106megan106 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited November 2010
    :mrgreen:i love this series its awsome! i was thinking on starting my own legacy but not sure how to start :?: do you have any tips for legacy making?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sure, just make a couple with some cool genes, give them some really interesting traits pick a house and move them in.
    I have a legacy going on where I started on the biggest lot built a one room house and went from there. Now the house is a two story antebellum mansion.
    If you want to do a normal legacy that’s how to start.

If you want to do a gene challenge/legacy like mine you start a little different.
    Create your dad and mom and give them different genes so you can get a wider variety of kids appearances.
    If both parents are blond and blue eyed there isn’t going to be as much variety.
    Then pick a house (or build one) that can easily be added on to since you can’t afford a house with enough rooms for a bunch of kids at first.
    Get one parent a job and the other a way to earn money from home. I recommend the dad works outside the house since the mom will be on maternity leave real often but it is your choice. Also if you have ambitions you probably want to get the working parent a job you don’t have to control.
    Then just have fun!

I like to keep an eye on the kids as they move out and it is really entertaining.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    thanks a bunches for the advice cant wait til i make my own!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    No problem. :)
    If/when you get your legacy posted to the exchange post a link here I'd love to read it.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    he is the link to my first chapter: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=278920
    sorry if i did the link wrong you could just copy and paste it if i did :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Great start Megan! Your legacy parents look really cool. I’m looking forward to seeing their story.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks im working on my second chapter now and it should be on the site soon. :-D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    :cry: i failed missurbly...i decide to play ahead a lil then upload the pic but the after about the 4th kid it got really hard and both the mom and dad died :cry: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: so that was the end of it im not very good with big sims 3 families. i would add the next chapters after it but when i tried to upload the pics they were al gone so ow i have nothing..i think i might cry :boo hoo:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wow that is so sad! Don’t give up though!!
    I will admit, I did use a *cough* cheat once or twice…
    I never gave them extra money or anything all I did was use boolprop and the mail box to make all happy.
    Although working with big families is hard, so don’t feel bad.
    I have been playing sims for almost ten years so I have a lot of experience with big families.
    Don’t give up! Make a new family and start over. That is the beauty of sims.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yes. I'm really sorry, I just got a job and am trying to get this semester of college finnished so I haven’t had much time to play lately. I almost have enough for a chapter though so it shouldn't be to much longer. Definitely this week.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that's ok. no rush. i know how you feel. it's difficult juggling work, school, and recreation. especially if you're me and you have 3 stories :roll:
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited November 2010
    Hi there =)

I just found your legacy and I love it. I have your site bookmarked and I intend to check for updates often. Your characters all look fantastic, I'm so jealous! None of my characters ever turn out that good, especially not my toddlers and children. My babies are all invisible now because I downloaded some sim with cc that totally ruined it, haha.

Your house totally inspired me - normally I just add a whackload of money or move into a downloaded house so I can start out with a big enough home, but I just started a new game and made my girl a small, cheap starter home... I've added on to it, and now there's a big yard and a boys' room and a girls' room! She only has one kid so far, though, but she is pregnant with a second... they just have different fathers.

If you're still looking for name ideas, I can only suggest Brianna, not just because it's a pretty name but then I could point and say, "yeah, that baby was named after me." I'd feel special, haha.

Anyways, I love your legacy a lot! Don't you dare ever quit writing it ;)
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sorry it took so long but I finally got Chapter 13 up.
    It is a short chapter but I didn’t want to wait any longer without an update, the next chapter will be longer.

http://oconnorlegacy.blogspot.com/2010/12/chapter-13-wedding-bells-and-birthdays.html
  • Options
    mangakagirlmangakagirl Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2010
    Haii just found this again, have seen it before but never commented, i really like your idear and maybe i want to try it someday. But is their any speciel rules for this??
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I guess it would be a good idea for me to make up a set of rules for this since I think I’m the first person to do a Gene Challenge/Legacy.

Gene challenge/legacy rules

This is basically like a regular Legacy except every generation has to have 10 kids, so at the end of 10 generations there will be 100 children on the family tree.

All the children of each generation must come from the same two parents, any kids who are the child of one of the parents and not the other is not eligible to be an heir.

The family can adopt but the adopted child will not count toward the 10 children count and also cannot be the heir, since they will not have the family genes to pass down.

Personally I like making the first generation’s parents and all the future spouses myself. That way I can have more interesting and pretty babies than if I just picked a townie.

The parents don’t have to be married but the children must have the family name, and any sim who marries the heir must take the family name.

As far as the house goes, I think it is more fun to have the same house and just add to it when needed so the family can get a new house but only at the start of each generation. In other words Clare and Kevin can’t get a new house but their heir can pick a different house when they start their branch of the tree.

Don’t use any cheats for money or other things like that. I will admit though that I use boolprop and the mail box to keep everyone from dying sometimes.

One parent must have a full time job, if it is the mother be prepared for lots of maternity leave. The other parent must stay home with the kids. It is a good idea to give the stay at home parent a way to earn money from home (painting, etc…) but not required.
    If you have Ambitions the stay at home parent can have a profession like painting or inventing, just so long as they can be at home with the kids.

Toddlers must be taught all three skills. But if you really don’t want to you don’t have to do potty training. I always do but it is your choice.

If for some reason a child dies they still count as one of the 10. Nothing says all 10 kids have to be alive, but don’t kill your kids off so you can have one or two. At the end of the generation there must be at least six children eligible to be heirs.

A child is not eligible to be an heir if they already have children. They can be married before they start but all children must be born after they are named the heir.

If I think of anymore rules I will post them here as an edit.
    I hope this helps. 
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i like these rules, very manageable. but i have a question. If you have ambitions, can the stay-at-home parent have a skill profession? Like the painting career?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Absolutely that is the whole point. I think I had Clare go to the court house and officially become a professional artist. If I didn’t I need to.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ok, just making sure. I didn't see it in the original rules so i was just clarifying
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for clarifying, I added that to the rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hahahaha, i forgot to comment on the chapter after i read it. :oops:

i think Lilith is going to be my favorite. She's evil AND she has the elf ears! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh yes Lilith is going to be fun. I have a very interesting future planned for her and her twin. :twisted: