The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content not showing.

I can't make any custom content from the mods folder show up in my game.
Everything that downloads into the launch pad shows up, but nothing else does.
I have some files that say something like "xxxCashe.package" And I know you are supposed to delete those so the custom content will show, but I have some that keep showing up, and when I was playing the game, I minimized it to see of the cashe files were there and they were. I couldn't delete them because it said they were being used by another source. What am I supposed to do to make the custom content work? Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hello. Try checking these two threads for more information and see if they help.

How To - Install Custom Content *PC & Mac* - By Lawertend
    Having problems? Check this step-by-step instruction guide.

How To - Install Custom Content Help Thread *PC & Mac* - By Lawertend
    Still confused about installing custom content? Lawertend has listed a few common issues and solutions to them.
  • Options
    GLAMhorrorGLAMhorror Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2010
    I know how to do that stuff already, that's not the problem. It's exactly how I have been doing it. But my things will not show up. It's really starting to irritate me.
  • Options
    IamMamainredIamMamainred Posts: 7,042 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Deleting the cache files is to try & get the CC to kick in, as well as remove some glitches. The game creates new ones each time you play the game. You can NOT delete them while playing.

You have the the be game & WA installed, each time you add a new game, or update you MUST update the CC as well, if there is no update, the content often will not work, this leave you needing to remove it from the game. So if it worked in the base game & then you added WA, or updated WA, this is why it is not working.

Go to MTS, there is a new program called Dashboard, it is suppose to tell you what content no longer works. This may help you rule out what may be preventing what is left that may or may not work.