The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

adding reaper to family-- still possible?

I looked at "how to" guides; they all dated from June, July. With the patched game to date, is it still possible?

I spent some time getting the perfect set up, with a fully charismatic character (everybody's best friend) poised just as the reaper touched earth after a kill, ready to friend him and invite him to join the family. No luck!
So I tried the testingcheatsenabled true-- and guess what, I cannot force his addition to the family, which I can do with any other character! Though I can change what music he likes :-)

So, just to confirm before I give up and download an old Grim from the exchange; does everyone agree it's no longer possible? Or am I missing something?
I want him for diabolical breeding experiments :-)

On only marginally related notes, do offspring of repo men have any special traits (worth breeding repo parents to obtain)?
And, is there a reason why my oven fires self-extinguish? The sim is not putting it out, nor do they have the unlucky or loser traits, nor are they handy. It burns, then snuffs. Very annoying. Because I have a lot-sized basement no pool was possible, so finally starvation was the only way to kill a sim to meet the reaper. So brutal. (If I killed the sim off-lot, at the community pool, he might stay but no interaction beyond "mean -> scare" was possible).

Comments

• Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    i beleive you can still marry grimmy. the patch changed it so you cant have 'illegitimate' babies with him. (he HAS to move in)

there are 3 reapers tho. 2 are interactive, one is not (or maybe i got that backward)

so its a crap toss which grimmy you get.

i dont beleive you get any special traits from repo men. (i have a bit of a hobby breeding hidden traits)

i dunno about your oven lol
  • Options
    GrammastolaRoseaGrammastolaRosea Posts: 92 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Hmm. Is there a reason why, in trying out the cheats, he couldn't be forced to be added to the family? Every other character in the town could be. Did a patch do this?

I still have my game saved right where the reaper has touched down to earth and gives a few minutes before vanishing; nothing I've tried gets him to join the family in time. The fact that testingcheatsenabled true doesn't allow me to click on him and add him to household is ominous....
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited February 2010
    hmm im not sure if they changed it in a recent patch. or it might just be that hes the non interactive grimmy. i havent tried it myself