Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Size Help

I just downloaded CAW the other day and have been busy reading all the tutorials and FAQ's that I have found. However, a few questions still remain.

I have read the topic about community lot size, but even when I make the largest lot size possible, it won't let me place the building's in game. If it suggest 50X20 (for example) as a lot size, CAW doesn't seem to let me make things that larger. The blue line that shows up when making a lot ends, and when I go to edit in game and place the City Hall, for example, it says out of bounds. Is this merely a glitch with my CAW? Or, is there something I'm not doing that I should be?

Also, something very odd, there seems to be a dense green and white fog (?) on top of my town when I zoom out. You can't see thought it, and I don't think it's the regular fog but it's in the game as well. Anyone else come across this? I don't know what it is to even describe it! haha.

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited February 2010
    Also, something very odd, there seems to be a dense green and white fog (?) on top of my town when I zoom out. You can't see thought it, and I don't think it's the regular fog but it's in the game as well. Anyone else come across this? I don't know what it is to even describe it!
    Actually, yes, it is the same type of fog that's in the game, the effect that when you are far away from something knocks down the details so video cards don't have to work so hard. All you have to do to turn it off in C-A-W is go to View and unclick the Fog option.

Sorry, I really don't remember about the lot thing but doing a search might bring you an answer because other people have posted about this as well.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2010
    Ok if I remember correctly lot size is in the bottom right corner of your CAW screen. As you draw the lot it will tell you the length and width.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I was assuming they already knew about how to tell what size lot they're making--could be wrong assumption on my part, though.

The largest size lot possible is 64x64 and C-A-W has absolutely no problems creating lots that size. Since I've seen other people say they don't seem to be able to get the lots to that size I figured OP was having the same issues as others who can't place rabbit holes. *shrugs*
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the help!

It seems it may have just been an issue with CAW at the time, as buildings are placing just fine now! I was making the largest lot size possible, but in edit mode, the building were staying red and not placing.

It's all worked out now, though.

One more quick question, how do you make driveways? The tar floor panel goes to the sidewalk in construction mode, but how to I make it so that it is a driveway attached to the street?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That's good to hear.

To make a driveway all you do is put down whatever terrain or tiling you want on the lot where you want the driveway, then plunk down the parking space. You can't actually run the floor covering over the sidewalk.