Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Unlucky" is luckier than you think!

When playing Gage Briody, who lives with his fiance Su.ki Michaels and their two kids, Corbin and Caleb, I accidentally had him fix the dishwasher instead of call repair man.. I didn't notice this because Su.ki was out at her bosses house building a relationship so she can get promoted! Then i hear this god awful music and see he was dead! I was so depressed! I hadn't saved for a while and didn't want to redo everything.. so I started to live with the idea when the grim reaper decides to give him another chance!

He said something alone the lines that Gage's unluckiness was too amusing to watch how it affects him and those around him that he'll take his life another day.

Ironic huh? The unlucky trait really did turn lucky!!

Comments

• Options
    AdlynAdlyn Posts: 493 New Member
    edited June 2009
    thats funny :lol:
  • Options
    SayYellow11SayYellow11 Posts: 511 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow that really is lucky! :D

My unlucky sim, bless his soul, broke his TV and his sink, lit his birthday cake on fire, and had a burglar come all on the same day!

What really stunk was that someone at his birthday party put out the fire before the fire department got there, which I thought was great, but then the fire department charged him a $500 fine for calling them without an emergency! He didn't even pick up his phone, the smoke detector did it for him! Poor Claude...
  • Options
    BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha! Thats funny!

Surprisingly, Gage hasn't really been all that unlucky! He occasionally breaks something but it never seems to happen too often
  • Options
    iRyanS3iRyanS3 Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This is what the game guide says about the "Unlucky" trait

Description: Things rarely go right for Unlucky Sims. They lose at everything they touch.

Benefits: The Grim Reaper sometimes takes pity on Unlucky Sims who die of accidents and revives them.

Shortcomings: Unlucky Sims occasionally get the Feeling Unlucky moodlet after four hours of sleep, which affects their chances of burning food, setting fires, and losing games.

Unique Features: Unlucky Sims cannot have the Lucky trait.
  • Options
    Grobanite113Grobanite113 Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Batman wrote:
    When playing Gage Briody, who lives with his fiance Su.ki Michaels and their two kids, Corbin and Caleb, I accidentally had him fix the dishwasher instead of call repair man.. I didn't notice this because Su.ki was out at her bosses house building a relationship so she can get promoted! Then i hear this god awful music and see he was dead! I was so depressed! I hadn't saved for a while and didn't want to redo everything.. so I started to live with the idea when the grim reaper decides to give him another chance!

He said something alone the lines that Gage's unluckiness was too amusing to watch how it affects him and those around him that he'll take his life another day.

Ironic huh? The unlucky trait really did turn lucky!!

Too funny! I'm glad it turned out well for him in the end!
  • Options
    ShinarydkShinarydk Posts: 45 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Your Cage was lucky then :D My Cage was married to Nayana and had two babyboys name, Jason and Jerry. But mine died and stayed that way after trying to improve a stereo. And then it wasn't even his own, but someone who had given him an oppertunity :P
  • Options
    DewmzdeighDewmzdeigh Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited June 2009
    [hijack]
    Shinarydk wrote:
    And then it wasn't even his own, but someone who had given him an oppertunity :P

I had that opportunity.. I called the repair guy.. paid him $50, the person I had to return it to gave me $600 ;)

[/hijack]
  • Options
    BatmanBatman Posts: 302 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I used 20k happiness to buy midlife crisis! Now he's not unlucky or unlucky!
  • Options
    SalantiSalanti Posts: 327 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My unlucky sim, bless his soul, broke his TV and his sink, lit his birthday cake on fire, and had a burglar come all on the same day!

Funnily enough I put the game on a friends computer, and she made her first family, and when it was her toddlers birthday And the cake caught on fire too. No unluckiness in any of their traits. Funnily enough we found out it was a Birthday Inferno Cake :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pyronium3Pyronium3 Posts: 443 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh yes, I was so glad to see Grim had some sense of humor!

My Sim walked by the fireplace, and she caught on fire. Poor thing never had any luck :P
  • Options
    Tropical24Tropical24 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow, nice! I should vary my sims' traits more so I get a better game experience.
  • Options
    CherbearSharonCherbearSharon Posts: 213 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I read about that in the Game Guide. Apparently unlucky sims get a lot of "second" chances with death.
  • Options
    DMscrantonDMscranton Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Dewmzdeigh wrote:
    [hijack]
    Shinarydk wrote:
    And then it wasn't even his own, but someone who had given him an oppertunity :P

I had that opportunity.. I called the repair guy.. paid him $50, the person I had to return it to gave me $600 ;)

[/hijack]

Nice! Gotta remember that.
  • Options
    PahtiraPahtira Posts: 423 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lol! Unlucky sims actually lucky indeed!
  • Options
    feverdreamsfeverdreams Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Haha really? Aaah there's so much I haven't done yet! :)