The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pangu's Axe vanished; recovery w/ cheats, but still vanishes in live mode

This has been described on other forums, so I'm not alone.
But I didn't run into any good solutions!

So, I went to China, and bumped into a couple boulders. When I didn't find my axe, I assumed I had left it on another sim. Get back-- nope. Previously, the axe had done one vanishing trick by popping into my family inventory (for no reason-- sim still alive and kicking). I looked there, too.
Googled the issue-- I'm not alone.

I've stayed away from all cheats on moral grounds, even "split household" and other edit town features aren't quite moral by me. But, I'd had this axe, and needed it back!
So I tried the buydebug cheat as proscribed, and it worked-- I saw it in buy and build modes, and could move it into my family inventory. But no matter where, or when, I went back to Live mode, it became invisible and therefore impossible to pick up and put in inventory. Go back to buy/build mode, and there it is again-- not gone, just impossible to move into usable inventory. Sadly there's a family record, it seems, and a second sim isn't likely to get the quest over again.. how do I get it back?!? Any tricks to get the cheat to work? I'm a bit miffed....