Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-A-Story Issues (Please Read, anyone who cares, including Gurus!)

ISSUES WITH THE STORYMAKER-

TAKING THE PICTURES PROBLEMS-
None as far as I can see. Anyone want to contradict me?

UPLOADING THE PICTURES PROBLEMS-
1.Not loading the pictures at all
As clear as day, this one. You select 'upload pictures' annnnd...nada. zip. You get the little red X of doom. Sometimes they ask for your username and password,even if you are already logged in, and suprise, an error has occurred. Enough to make the Storymakers gnash their teeth in fury.

2. Uploading the pictures again and again and again to the ninety-second power
Like 1., as clear as day. The pictures upload, yes, except the first picture you put in the queue uploads again...and again...and again. Never stopping. Ever.

WRITING THE STORY PROBLEMS-

1.Deleting The Whole Story:
It's been said before and again, really: We can't make more than ten pages at a time before it deleting ALL our pictures. It's infuriating since most of the stories, excluding the ones that are made from premade pictures, are more than ten pages. It's a simple and clear issue.

2. The. Pictures. Stick.
I realize this may not be understood fairly easily, but this happens whenever you switch photos. Instead of being able to change the current slide picture, the slide picture remains the previous picture. Example: On Slide 5, you have a picture of a Plumbob. Adding a slide, you realize that the same picture of the Plumbob on Slide 6. It is impossible to change the picture.

3.Being able to publish it, but not finishing the writing process
Today, I experienced the indescribable joy of being able to publish my actual story, but upon going to the 'share' page it suddenly going back to the first page. Deleting the whole frackin' story.

AFTER POSTING THE STORY PROBLEMS:

3. Unviewable Pictures
If you actually manage to post your story, first may I say Congratulaions! However, after you post, you realize that your pictures...are missing. You cannot view them, and you are fairly sure no one else can view them either. This makes stories practically useless, because for the most part you rely on the pictures to tell the story.
____

Have any more to add? Do you want to rant? Agree? Disagree? Guru's, some help here, please? If you want to post just to bump, that would be greatly appreciated. If you have a comment, that's wonderful too. If you have a different problem, I'd be ecstatic to put it up here. Anyone? Remember, this can include any problems for taking the pictures in-game! Do you want to add another category that I have not thought of? Anything!

Comments

• Options
    EtherealMemoryEtherealMemory Posts: 128 New Member
    edited January 2010
    The Movie Maker seems to be borked as well, at least for me. For weeks I haven't been able to upload any movies at all to my studio. After creating a movie and clicking "upload", the movie doesn't upload at all. The number of creations on my profile increases, however the movies are no where to be seen. I've filed a ticket about this a while ago and the rep said it was a gameplay related issue which makes no sense at all :roll:.

He basically said it was because I had CC (clothes and hair) installed that the movie wouldn't upload to my studio. I've used IE, Opera, and Firefox to see if it was a browser incompatibility and still nothing. I don't understand how a recorded video with CC would interfere with the website functionality.

• Options
    The_Blue_MaidenThe_Blue_Maiden Posts: 774 New Member
    edited January 2010
    The Movie Maker seems to be borked as well, at least for me. For weeks I haven't been able to upload any movies at all to my studio. After creating a movie and clicking "upload", the movie doesn't upload at all. The number of creations on my profile increases, however the movies are no where to be seen. I've filed a ticket about this a while ago and the rep said it was a gameplay related issue which makes no sense at all :roll:.

He basically said it was because I had CC (clothes and hair) installed that the movie wouldn't upload to my studio. I've used IE, Opera, and Firefox to see if it was a browser incompatibility and still nothing. I don't understand how a recorded video with CC would interfere with the website functionality.
    ?!? CC interfering with a video? That makes no sense whatsoever. It's like saying because I took a picture with some CC in it, it won't go in my Studio because it 'interferes' with the site.

I've heard the Movie Maker is really screwed up as well. I'm not a Movie Maker myself, aside from the accidental clips I take, but many complaints have been made against it. I guess that's why more and more of those premade videos are filling up the movie page. :?
  • Options
    trancerocker08trancerocker08 Posts: 266 New Member
    edited January 2010
    The Movie Maker seems to be borked as well, at least for me. For weeks I haven't been able to upload any movies at all to my studio. After creating a movie and clicking "upload", the movie doesn't upload at all. The number of creations on my profile increases, however the movies are no where to be seen. I've filed a ticket about this a while ago and the rep said it was a gameplay related issue which makes no sense at all

I got the same problem and I sent a question to customer service. They said I'd get response in 24 hours and it's been over 50. I haven't got a response yet, if at all. I guess they have a lot to do, but I wish they'd at least tell me something... :?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Movie Maker seems to be borked as well, at least for me. For weeks I haven't been able to upload any movies at all to my studio. After creating a movie and clicking "upload", the movie doesn't upload at all. The number of creations on my profile increases, however the movies are no where to be seen. I've filed a ticket about this a while ago and the rep said it was a gameplay related issue which makes no sense at all

I got the same problem and I sent a question to customer service. They said I'd get response in 24 hours and it's been over 50. I haven't got a response yet, if at all. I guess they have a lot to do, but I wish they'd at least tell me something... :?
    :x They could at least tell us if they were working on it or not. Just so we would know.
  • Options
    trancerocker08trancerocker08 Posts: 266 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I agree. Just put like a "pending" sign or something! Even that would set my mind at ease.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope they at least know about the problems. Worst case would be that they weren't paying attention at all.
  • Options
    gldkellygldkelly Posts: 57 New Member
    edited January 2010
    I have the exact same problem. :roll: I can get my builds, and pics to the launcher, but the launcher will not upload to my page! It's driving me nuts!!!

Come on Gurus, please help us all out!!! :cry:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The launcher's on the fritz most days, but it's like a different problem each day. One day, they don't upload at all. The next, out of twenty pictures five will get uploaded. The next, they just keep repeating uploading.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bump.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Grrr. I'm trying to write a story and it deletes after I try to save every ten pages. Come on!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bump.
  • Options
    HikiHiki Posts: 889 New Member
    edited January 2010
    On the official Dutch Sims 3 site we havent been able to use the Storymaker at all since the site launched and Dutch Simguru's are telling us for months now that they are trying to figure out what is wrong. Still no news and we can't make stories.

I just hope the problems didnt spread out to this site too :roll:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It doesn't work at all? Really! If they don't fix the problems than they should at least make sure it works!
  • Options
    ScarletBaconScarletBacon Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm having that problem, or one similar. Whenever I try to upload a picture, I get asked if I want to log in.

Of course I'm already logged in, but when I do log in and try again I get the same message! I've tried this both logged in the site on Firefox and IE as well.

I contacted tech support on the 16th, and naturally, no response. I wish they would at least tell us that they're working on it, rather than leave us all in the cold. :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    D: I'm having the exact same one at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Edit-@#$^? My post didn't show up at first.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well it's good to know that someone else is going through the same issues.

Update. On the 21st I got a response, which was someone linking to an article giving me instructions on how to upload videos...yeah... not helpful at all. So I replied back and went into detail about the issue. No response yet.

Why guys? Seriously? :x
  • Options
    Amber01Amber01 Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    Yeah I need help. I will try to upload but it will give me the red X and a message that says "Server error, please try again."
    I have contacted customer support but they did not help me at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm bumping this to get an update on situations. I was finally responded back to, and the support guy asked for my information. That was a few days ago, but it still feels like we might be getting somewhere...maybe.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow! I didn't think this thread was still here. :XD: See, it acidentally got deleted from my subscription list...

Anyhow. I still haven't been able to upload any stories, and I've heard the problems aren't getting any better.
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2010
    >.< I feel so alone- I've NEVER had an issue with it.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    XD ^ Lucky Ducky.

Personally, I also think they should add a 'Delete All' thing for screenshots in your media. It's rather woesome to delete all...one...by...one...

-thunk-
  • Options
    ChellekazChellekaz Posts: 231
    edited March 2010
    Does anyone know what size the pictures are for Create-A-Story? I play with a widescreen monitor so all of my screenshots are widescreen. This means that when I publish my Story there are black bars at the top and bottom of my pictures. I'm willing to crop my pictures, but I don't know what size to make them, or what file to save them as.

I was under the impression that cropped to 512x512 they would work, but once I uploaded them (I saved .JPEG which may have been an issue?) they were off-center and I had a black bar on the left-hand side.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    smj139smj139 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet? I began the Legacy Challenge and wanted to write a story about it....the pictures loaded the first time. Yay! But since then, I get the dumb "red X"...

Please let me know if you've heard anything...I figure since a lot of you contacted support, that if they found a solution, they would just forward me the link, but I probably wouldn't get the info until a week later, because that's how fast they usually respond to my questions...ugh.
  • Options
    CockerloverCockerlover Posts: 604
    edited March 2010
    I've had the problem of the pics uploading a million times. It's very frustrating, and you have to go through them all and hit delete. "Are you sure you want to delete?" OF COURSE I DO!! JUST DELETE THE STINKIN' THING!! Sorry about that. :oops: