Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Launcher being fussy about installing store items

So here's what I've got:

Game version 2.3, no Sims3Pack CC from other sites, but some lots and a very few sims and households downloaded off the Exchange. I've purchased and installed store items with 2.3 in the past without incident, and store items that are installed display normally in my game.

A couple days ago when the store updated with some new stock, I went "Oooo! Must have!" and grabbed a pile of stuff - the entire Gothique set, a few of the new freebies, and a scattering of other random items because I had the SimPoints left over to spend and a few gifts waiting to be collected.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to what installs successfully and what does not. Some of it installed without incident, some of it installed only after I kicked (read: quit and restart) the launcher a few times, some of it stubbornly refuses to install no matter how many attempts I make. The installation window pops up, and promptly hangs, forcing me to force-quit it.

I've tried resetting Safari with no luck. I have not tried uninstalling and reinstalling my game, as I've heard some horror stories about this making the problem even worse.

Any ideas?