Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to save worlds/saved worlds corrupted.

AlexRoz9AlexRoz9 Posts: 309 New Member
Okay, so EA is really making my life difficult by not supporting CAW--BETA for the Mac, but I did manage to get one of my old PCs up to spec to run CAW--BETA. After nearly going insane trying to patch the game on a PC with no Internet connectivity, I finally got TS3 and WA patched and installed CAW.

The first thing I wanted to do once I selected my height map was to save my game--that's it, just save a "blank" world. As soon as I tried to save my game, my PC put up the "hourglass" acted like it was saving, and then crashed to the desktop after several minutes. Naturally, I searched the CAW forum for any workarounds, and read about the zoom all the way out technique. I tried to zoom all the way out and repeat the same save process, again, my machine crashed to the desktop even after zooming out.

Then I began to wonder if I needed more than simple terrain to save the game, so tonight, I did the same thing, added a layer, placed a road on the layer, placed some camera/sim routing boundries, and tried to save my game. Sure enough it started to save, and then crashed to the desktop.

I thought CAW might have a problem, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it; that didn't do anything either. So, here's my question: Does anyone have any possible workarounds for my predicament? Any and all help would be appreciated; thank you. I'd love to use CAW--the fact that I set up a PC I can't stand to use it should tell you that, but I can't really use CAW if I can't save my worlds, now can I?

Finally, I should note that I tried to open one of my worlds that was saving while it crashed to the desktop; I get an error message that tells me something to the effect of "Create-a-World--BETA can't open a world pack file," despite the fact that I'm trying to open a *.world file like the Sunset Valley/Riverview-Lite *.world files, which by the way, open without a problem.

Again, any and all help is appreciated. I really wish known bugs and known-good workarounds (that is, workarounds that seem to work for everyone,) were stickied on the first page of this forum; it'd make finding information about particular glitches much easier.