Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappointed or happy with the game?

Comments

• Options
    Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2009
    So far I'm liking it. There are a few things I'd like to see improved, but other than that I'm having fun. :D

Happy simming!
  • Options
    FaeCatLadyFaeCatLady Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2009
    i'm happy with game. i think the sims look good( i actually like the way they look) and are easier to manage. i also like the control i have over what things look like. i am also very happy about how the game runs on my laptop(smooth as a baby's rump). i don't really mind the lack of items because the create a style really makes it seem like more and i'm sure more things with be created to add. the traits rock. i love the sim interections.
  • Options
    VendettaVendetta Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think they did an awesome job with the new graphics engine and the overall design of the game. I don't blame them for not adding as much furniture and items as with the other Sims games. This took alot of work and you guys deserve a medal!

I can't wait for the expansions that they going to come up with. However I think its a must for them to bring out the Seasons and Pets expansions.
  • Options
    RedaeroRedaero Posts: 44 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am very happy :D

Worth the $46 for me lol
  • Options
    GwynniGwynni Posts: 91 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like it! Haven't gotten to play it much, but I'll get some more time in today after work.
  • Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the customization available in the game. I wasn't happy with the speed and changed my settings. The time is better. So now, I was a little disappointed and now I am happy. I love the Sims.
  • Options
    JDavidG1989JDavidG1989 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I can say that at first I was a little disappointing, and even frustrated a little, after all I'm not all that into micro-managing, and the whole design feature makes me a little insane, but I'm over that.. and I dunno, but the first few hours I played I noticed how it seemed harder to make friends with neighbors, and to get a promotion.. of course the point of a new game is learning how to play it, and getting used to the changes, frankly I'm actually glad the whole skill system for promotions has been changed, and I think it's quite humorous that you can choose to "**** up to boss" at work. Other than the speeds being rather slow I feel, I'm okay with the game now, well.. I do have to say that I wish there was more objects, and CAS choices, I'm not the most creative person anymore when it comes to creating Sims, so sadly my towns might start to resemble "incestuous communities" (as in they all look alike.. not the whole siblings sleeping with one another thing.)
  • Options
    JDavidG1989JDavidG1989 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I didn't realize that the word s.u.c.k as in s.u.c.k. up was a bad word :-/ lol
  • Options
    UnegoonoUnegoono Posts: 82 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am really happy with the game. Granted I miss things from the Sims 2 like open business, pets, seasons just to name a few. However I also felt this way when the Sims 2 came out and I quit playing the Sims.

The game had surprisingly amazing performance. I thought the game would had bad frame rate issues with the whole open neighbor hood, granted it does have its little flaws every now and then but over all the team at Maxis did a good job putting out the game.
  • Options
    Rachelrita3Rachelrita3 Posts: 485 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it so far but I'm only disappointed about the car interaction ( I loved how Sims get in cars in TS2, in TS3, it's not so fun). I miss the changing table for baby :(

I forgot to add, I don't like the fact you can't monitor the weight of your Sims
    beyoncepepsi.gif
  • Options
    mzki24mzki24 Posts: 1,356 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Happy. Cant wait for the expansions!
  • Options
    alephzombiealephzombie Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Deeply disappointed. I don't like having to buy expansions to meet the level of content shipped with the original Sims2.
  • Options
    lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it. It is taking some getting used to. I had to change the graphics quality to the highest setting so it would look prettier and then the edge scrolling option bc I do not click and drag. The time does pass slowly even "sped" up. The game play is fun and there are so many things I can not wait to try; mining for gems, ores, meteorites, magical gnomes, deathfish, ambrosia, the list goes on. Not to mention the new building techniques to learn! I was a bit overwhelmed at first but I am having so much fun. Happy Simming TS3! :D
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • Options
    kerosene31kerosene31 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Overall I like it. I'm not a hardcore Sims player like many, but I have enjoyed the Sims 2. I wasn't planning to go out and grab 3 right away, but I decided to stop on the way home and was glad I did!

Positives:

-Performance and load times are great (I have a good video card). My processor isn't great, but I can run the game fine. It doesn't take forever to start the game, and moving around the city is so nice.

-I'm still adjusting from TS2, but overall I like the changes. It is nice to know what is impacting the happiness of your Sims now. The career progression seems a lot better so far (I'm not that far along though)

Negatives:

-The speed needs to be fixed. We shouldn't have that much time to wait while Sims sleep, work, etc.

-It seems you can't have multiple custom radio stations anymore?

-I miss some of the addons from TS2, but those will come in time.

-A few minor annoyances, like sometimes after making a meal, my hungry sim will leave the plate on the table and go do something else without eating.

I'm sure the negatives will mostly be fixed/addressed over time.
  • Options
    mrtauntaunmrtauntaun Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, but it's sad we have to wait for a patch to fix something. Far too many games are being released with issues nowadays.
  • Options
    SeaMonsterDylanSeaMonsterDylan Posts: 216 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Last night I wrote that I didn't like the baby stages and toddler stages. Specifically the baby stage is about 8 days long and the toddler is 15. I woke up wondering if it's because I set the lifespan to 190 days. I'm going to change it back to 90 and see what happens. Maybe it will speed everything else up as well. I really wish there was a magic potion I could have my adult sims drink to keep them from aging.
  • Options
    theboss77theboss77 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So far, so good. I like that it's basically a very fleshed out versions of the Sims 2 and they added a lot of little things that all add up to make a big difference. Plus, good price point only $40 and the best feature, which I'm gathering is love of hate, is the progressive life thing. In the old game, I did get tired of working in one house just to have to work another house because someone "grew up" and now I have to live the other houses so that all his friends will "grow up" with him.

Thumbs up :D
  • Options
    jennifert11jennifert11 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok I am really really stunned about the replies on this post. I can not believe that you guys are actually satisfied with the Sims 3. First of all it looks EXACTLY like the Sims 2 as far as graphics are concerned. I mean what did they really do? Changed up the traits, added the ability to style clothes and objects in the game, and now you can walk outside you property without having to make a phone call. OMG big frickin deal! Lets not forget they give you a very limited supply of hair styles to choose from too. The Sims 2 had a HUGE selection right from the start. I just don't see anything super great about this game when we have waited for it for so long. The transition from the first Sims to the Sims 2 was FABULOUS...BIG CHANGE. But what the he** is this? They should have just added a couple more expansions onto the Sims 2 and presto we have the Sims 3. You people are crazy if you are actually satisfied with EA Games for this release.
    :x 🐸🐸🐸🐸 :x
  • Options
    MechadudeMechadude Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I absolutely love it! The game just feels so much more adventure-ish and sandbox-ish now, I mean, now I can make my camera follow on my sim, set the camera to a realistic angle, ride the bike to the movie theater, call a friend on my sims' phone, watch a movie, run across the street to the park for a while, go to the diner, and ride the bike back home. So much more adventure! :D
  • Options
    mplsnick46mplsnick46 Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it's their best Sims to date. Have played sims1 and 2 with all expansions. I have played this for several hours now. They did a wonderful job and am looking forward to the many expansions in the future.

-One Very Happy Customer :)
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2009
    I absolutely love the game. I am not a heavy Sims player with regards to creating Sims, with Sims 2 I downloaded a lot from the exchange, houses, sims, etc. I honestly do not have the time to play the game and create sims and design houses.

I loved the fact that the game had no lag whatsoever (like Sims 2), and that the loading times were so much faster.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think it's teriffic so far. Takes some getting used to, for me anyway.
  • Options
    GoingInsaneGoingInsane Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't done much yet, but so far I'm slightly dissapointed, although much of that is probably my computer's fault. Like, it's really really slow. And something about the graphics annoy me.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but my mind is just way too stuck on the Sims 2.
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited June 2009
    So far it's 60/40 for me. I spent 12 hours playing. I love CAS spent a couple of hours creating a single sim to play. I think the sims look very realistic in CAS, but in play their movements are a bit cartoonish, compared to the Sims2. I've also had the problem where my Sim was hungry (natural cook) and she made a meal and placed it on the counter and picked it up and put it in the fridge instead of eating, HUH? I also created her wearing glasses and wanted to change her appearance, but could not see anything that allowed me to remove or change the color of the glasses. I'm sure with more play I'll figure some of these things out. However, I do love the neighborhood. I like the breeze passing through the leaves of the trees and the fish leaping out of the water. It's just a different game and I'm sure it will get better. I am certainly having fun. :wink: :!:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it, I love their personality.
    I have it on my desktop and laptop
    On my desktop the time is slow all the time, but on my laptop the time works right. Haven't quite figured it out as yet
    I think I am going to like it on my laptop better
    I just love the graphics, and the play. Sad though I made a elderly man Moe Fergason in Sunset Valley on my laptop, I love him, he is so neat. but I made a elderly lady in Riverside on my deaktop, I sure wish they could meet, but on two differnt computers its impossible.
    I am going to try and make her on my laptop, by the way I have a Toshiba, Qosmio laptop and it plays on high, I love it. It looks so neat.
    I am so excited I got so much to say, I am now just learning the newer format. Things are a little different. that is why I made the elderly sims, to try thigs out, but Moe is so neat, I hate to see him go.