Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Quick tech query re exp pack

Own the original game and a few basic mods, found like many others on re-installing this week if I let it patch it refused to accept the installation of mods along with the official "free" content I had backed up such as Riverview, a Toyota car etc.

The solution that worked for me was to un-install completely then re-install but simply refuse the auto-update patch.

By disabling the auto-update the game works along with mods etc as it always did prior to patching but the reason for the post was simply I had ordered the exp pack, I'm presuming it requires the patches so should I just cancel the order now until the vague "we know" statement turns into a "its fixed" statement?

Comments

• Options
    slayer1342slayer1342 Posts: 59 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ty for this post it may have helped me, but i would when i did reinstall i played but my game did not work and i couldn't download anything and i reinstalled everything again and go rid of so many sims files and still the same thing, heck i set my comp back a month and still nothing
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hope it helps you get it working Slayer, back to the thread, anyone know if there is a way to install the exp without it breaking everything? I probably only have about 24 hours left before I can no longer cancel my order.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh, forgot to add, not sure precisely what patch killed it, I just let it auto update once so presumable it was the latest as it state it was "up to date".

Since then I have found a third party page/site for manually downloading each incremental patch, currently getting 1.2.7 and I see later ones differentiates between US and Worldwide, being from the UK I'll work off the presumption we've been lumped in the "Worldwide" ones.

Can anyone say which/what level of "patch" its "safe" to go up too?

e.g....

Retail to v1.2.7
    v1.2.7 to v1.3.2.4
    v1.3.2.4 to v1.4.6
    v1.4.6 to v1.6.6
    v1.6.6 to v1.7.9
    v1.7.9 to v1.8.2.5

I have read v1.8.2.5 was for the exp owners only so I planned not to apply it so that leads me to believe it was v1.7.9 that borked the game, can anyone say if v1.6.6 creates a conflict in the same way?