Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or are they all using basicly the same world map names :/

All the ''Planned'' worlds people are going to make, 99% of then include the word ''Stone'' in them!
Think of something original!

Stone setter?
Key Stone?
Silver Stone?

Comments

• Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited December 2009
    All the ''Planned'' worlds people are going to make, 99% of then include the word ''Stone'' in them!

I must admit, 'Silver Stone' amused me (in a good way). I grew up watching Formula 1 and Silverstone is England's track.
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I thaught Silverstone sounded familiar.
    Now i remember why :D
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    Well, my Signature is my planned remake of my TS2 'hood, Sommerville.
  • Options
    flyfisher53flyfisher53 Posts: 55
    edited December 2009

I must admit, 'Silver Stone' amused me (in a good way). I grew up watching Formula 1 and Silverstone is England's track.

:lol: my first thought was that someone was going to make a map based around the track :lol:
  • Options
    Hollieangel4Hollieangel4 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I must admit, I haven't paid any kind of attention to anything to do with CaW really. I check the news/site every so often to see if it has been released (especially, when FB decides to bug me with links to things about it! lol) so this is the first I have read about anyone's names for their new worlds.

It is a bit strange if there are going to be a lot of "Stone" worlds, but then I suppose it makes sense. As safersaviour has already pointed out, Silverstone is a famous race track here in England*, so that will obviously spark interest for some people.

Keystone is also a common name used throughout the world in many things, so would also be popular.

If you factor in certain things in film/TV lately, then "Stone" will certainly be more common too.

I should imagine there will be a lot of worlds with "Land", "Ville", "Town", "Valley" and so on. It will be quite hard for people to think of something truly original, because we use the world around us to decide on names and these are usually the most common.

EDIT:
    * Using Brands Hatch (the other one we have) just doesn't seem as feasible either. Though if someone does make either that'd be GREAT! *love*
    Oooh, someone - or a lot of people - should make all of the tracks on the F1 circuit. Now that would be so awesome!
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2009
    What about "Tingleberry" or "Flartingdale"...not that I`m going to use those, but if someone comes up with a name that ends in stone they can`t account for another person`s town also ending with stone. It just so happens a lot of real towns end with the word stone or wood or water...you know, the elemental aspects of habitation. I`m not going to say what I will call my island (Oops!) but it won`t end with stone that`s for sure. I hope you don`t get the `stoners` angry with that post? :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I must admit, I haven't paid any kind of attention to anything to do with CaW really. I check the news/site every so often to see if it has been released (especially, when FB decides to bug me with links to things about it! lol) so this is the first I have read about anyone's names for their new worlds.

It is a bit strange if there are going to be a lot of "Stone" worlds, but then I suppose it makes sense. As safersaviour has already pointed out, Silverstone is a famous race track here in England, so that will obviously spark interest for some people.

Keystone is also a common name used throughout the world in many things, so would also be popular.

If you factor in certain things in film/TV lately, then "Stone" will certainly be more common too.

I should imagine there will be a lot of worlds with "Land", "Ville", "Town", "Valley" and so on. It will be quite hard for people to think of something truly original, because we use the world around us to decide on names and these are usually the most common.

Thanks! that was acctualy Quite interesting!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ''i hope you don`t get the `stoners` angry with that post?''

hahaha
    Stone Mob!