Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should have there own section....

Sick of these stupid ''modelling'' competitions all over this section of the forum. EA should put a section up for competitions etc.. dont have a problem with people wasting their time making these silly little competitions but im really not interested in them and from what i have read recently im not the only one!
They are everywhere and are unessicary? (im sure ive spelt that wrong)
I mean, go to the index of thissection and just look how many ''modelling'' threads there are!:S

Comment if you agree with me

Or disagree!

Comments

• Options
    firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree.
  • Options
    pink_polkadotspink_polkadots Posts: 1,255 New Member
    edited December 2009
    their** own section.

unnecessary**

lmbo sorry i cannot resist. I have the perfectionist trait. sml.gif

by the way... my opinion is...
    i don't mind the modeling competitions, i've done a few myself. they help me imporve my editing skills... but I do agree that there are a ridiculous amount of them and that they should ABSOLUTELY have their own section.. bis.gif
  • Options
    xMiraclex37xMiraclex37 Posts: 4,122 New Member
    edited December 2009
    :thumbdown:

I hope you know you're hurting a lot of feelings of the people who create/participate in those competitons. Either that, or I'm just the over-emotional hot-headed freak who crys every hour for no reason.
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thats how you spell it. aha. icouldnt work it out so i stuck with wrong spelling :P
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    :thumbdown:

I hope you know you're hurting a lot of feelings of the people who create/participate in those competitons. Either that, or I'm just the over-emotional hot-headed freak who crys every hour for no reason.

Im not intending on upsetting anyone but there clearly are to many of these threads and it just gets annoying seeing them on every single page!
    and well if people are getting upset then... well... collateral damage?
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited December 2009
    The modeling threads really don't bug me. I do agree that they should have their own section. I don't think they hurt the forum as much as the random posts about nothing, and the tons of threads posted about the exact same topic with in a matter of minutes. Tonight alone there were 5 threads on the new holidays stuff at the store, two on no christmas tree, and two more on the new sim movie ea released. There is where the biggest problem seems to be.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    Alexis365Alexis365 Posts: 1,827 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree with chellemh29
  • Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited December 2009
    You could...um...not look? Just because it annoys you to see it doesn't mean they shouldn't be there. It annoys me to see ranting posts like this, but I'm not going to tell you, you need to stop posting. Post like crazy, make a different thread for every post and bump the heck out of it if that's what makes you happy. It makes some people on this site happy to join in those competitions. It doesn't matter if you and a handful of other people think they are unnecessary or aren't interested in them.

What is it that you want to see here instead. Lots of ranting, whining, crying and moaning that things aren't going exactly your way. Start your own site, assemble your own threads where no one can start one about modeling competitions. This is a public site for all simmers and some of us love and enjoy the competitions. Its a fun and interesting way to express creativity through the game and get to know people.

There's a lot yes agreed, but isn't that in itself saying something. There wouldn't be so many if there weren't so many interested in doing them. You could say in a nicer, less rant happy manner that you think it would do this site some good to have a section dedicated to Challenges of all kinds, legacy, photo, modeling, decorating building and all the other kinds of challenges people start here.
  • Options
    Patty_BoodPatty_Bood Posts: 1,077 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Agreed. I don't like them, they don't interest me but they are clearly popular enough for their own section.
  • Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree that they (we :)) need their own section because we're boss like that. Okay but seriously, there should be a section for it. I get why there wasn't originally but EA needs to notice that this is a popular trend among simmers on the boards and should accommodate. It keeps the haters happy and the competitions organized. (They could work better in the creative section though, it's just they've been establish in general so no one will know to find them there.)

I also agree that some of them aren't necessary. Just some though! Some are really, really similar but some are unique and interesting.

And to the extreme haters who just hate competitions because they just don't like them, there are many people who do like them. :-o "O rly?" Yes. Do you get angry at the grocery store when the apples are near the entrance but you hate them and you want grapes instead? No, because some people just like apples. That is how the world works.

(P.S. I'm not trying to start a fight. This is just healthy debate, right?)
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Did you know........
    THAT PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF COMPLAINING THREADS LIKE THIS TOO?
    If you hate em then please keep it to yourself.

EA modeling is popular make a place where we can all model in peace!! Without having people to complain.
  • Options
    FuryRedFuryRed Posts: 1,922 Member
    edited December 2009
    cantapoupe wrote:
    And to the extreme haters who just hate competitions because they just don't like them, there are many people who do like them. :-o "O rly?" Yes. Do you get angry at the grocery store when the apples are near the entrance but you hate them and you want grapes instead? No, because some people just like apples. That is how the world works.

Lol, I constantly find myself in the supermarket screaming at the bananas :P
    pjgnHbb.jpg
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited December 2009
    Agree. I don't participate in them and find it bothersome to sift through looking for threads I may be interested in reading. I think this whole forum could use an overhaul in general.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    cantapoupe wrote:

:shock: Me too!!!! But that is only because they keep threatening to take over the world :P
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree! They need a section for off-topic too. :O
  • Options
    WithoutKwistiesWithoutKwisties Posts: 116 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I agree.
    They don't bother me, but there isn't much room on the main pages of the forums as it is.
  • Options
    jktee511jktee511 Posts: 7,501 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i agree!

We have been asking them for months, and we finally need one!
  • Options
    pink_polkadotspink_polkadots Posts: 1,255 New Member
    edited December 2009
    FuryRed wrote:
    cantapoupe wrote:

lmbo smiley-laughing004.gif
  • Options
    whoachica5whoachica5 Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2009
    I also agree, I would like to see those competitions have a sub forum of their own. They clog up the main page and it burns my eyes!
  • Options
    mdmwhitemdmwhite Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited December 2009
    I don't mind sifting through the posts past model competitions. I don't participate or keep up with them, but I do look at the pictures on occasion because a lot of them do great jobs with them. Perhaps it doesn't bother me because I don't usually go past page 10 of the general discussion posts anyway.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited December 2009
    There is nothing wrong with the modeling competitions, but I do agree that they should have their own section.

I find it very hard to read and respond to people who need help- because their posts are constantly being dropped down by repetitive modeling threads.

Simmers can't carry on conversations or post about their games without their threads being drowned out by these competition threads.

It also clutters up the forum and makes it very difficult to read. It actually bothers my eyes ( I have glaucoma ) to have to focus away from them.

I posted months ago in the feedback section about this. A lot of others have too. EA just refuses to listen to us.
  • Options
    JacarrJacarr Posts: 245 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Agreed. Personally I feel as if they should all be dumped into the Creative Corner if they can't get their own boards, as they definitely fit there more than they do here.

I usually don't bother with this forum because more than half of it is garbage competitions.
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree... Bananas are evil! :twisted:
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree 200%
  • Options
    valennealvvalennealv Posts: 641 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Modeling competitions should be in the creative corner, creativity... Ya know?