Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOLIDAY ITEMS RELEASED,BUT NO CHRISTMAS TREE? oh come on!

the holiday items they have put up are... well.... i wont be downloading them. and not even a christmas tree.... wow.

Comments

• Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, someone said there is one at MTS but I can't find it
  • Options
    cantapoupecantapoupe Posts: 2,188 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Maybe they're saving it for an expansion pack... Where you can pick your own tree and decorate it and it can catch on fire or something, instead of just giving us decor. No idea.
  • Options
    kittya0kittya0 Posts: 521 New Member
    edited December 2009
    The Christmas tree's the main thing i think is everyone was hoping for. It was the only thing for me. How could they leave it out? I'm not one to moan because i love this game. But no christmas tree is just stupid :shock:
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited December 2009
    If you are not going to download them, why post a complaint? Just to complain would be my guess
  • Options
    w3byw3by Posts: 76 New Member
    edited December 2009
    the holiday items they have put up are... well.... i wont be downloading them. and not even a christmas tree.... wow.
    It's free, so I don't see a reason why you wouldn't download the set (even if there's no christmas tree in it).

Anyways, has anyone installed the set yet? I get an error that I should update my game (my game's fully updated) :?
    Never mind this, I've got the set installed.
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I know there are loads of xmas custom content like trees etc, but ive used cc and it keeps messing up my game. and i would of been happy with just a tree, not this candle and wreath rubbish!
  • Options
    nychickraenychickrae Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't even install the few items they put up...it says my game isnt up to date...***
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    w3by wrote:
    It's free, so I don't see a reason why you wouldn't download the set (even if there's no christmas tree in it).

Anyways, has anyone installed the set yet? I get an error that I should update my game (my game's fully updated) :?

I probably will download it but i just said that because thats how bad i think it is...they could have done better. yet again disapointment.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    People are saying they cant install it, because they need an update. maybe its a sign an update is on its way?!
  • Options
    pink_polkadotspink_polkadots Posts: 1,255 New Member
    edited December 2009
    its still early in the month... you never know what they have up their sleeve. lets not be so negative... if december 26 comes and there are no xmas items... then yea, your complaint would have more validity to me... but until then, i think we all just need to be a bit more patient....
  • Options
    glitterandglitzglitterandglitz Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2009
    People are saying they cant install it, because they need an update. maybe its a sign an update is on its way?!
    It let me install with no problems..But I hope you are right..
  • Options
    w3byw3by Posts: 76 New Member
    edited December 2009
    nychickrae, try re-downloading the set, it installed for me now after downloading it for the 4th time.

ryanmountford2, I agree, they could do much better. And what's worse, these are the same items you get in Holiday Collector's Edition.
    While I don't mind having these items for free, it's not fair to all of those who bought Holiday CE (having in mind only those, who didn't own the base game before) as they were promised exclusive holiday items (those, who bought yet another base game for those few items ... well, they're stupid and just got owned big time by EA, but I don't really think there's anyone that would do that ... is it?)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    its still early in the month... you never know what they have up their sleeve. lets not be so negative... if december 26 comes and there are no xmas items... then yea, your complaint would have more validity to me... but until then, i think we all just need to be a bit more patient....

i see what your saying, but this is EA. like they are going to give us more free store items, they are already throwing it in our face by putting a new store feature in game to get us to buy more items.
  • Options
    KyeaKyea Posts: 81 Member
    edited December 2009
    Even if they made you buy a xmas tree I would of :cry: I just want a xmas tree for christmas
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree a tree would have been nice.I will still download the set.Hopefully like another poster said EA has a something up their sleeve and may release it at the last minute.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2009
    There are other holidays besides Christmas this month. Besides, it says "Happy Holidays Presents" Not Christmas presents.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    well,no other holidays i care to celebrate...
  • Options
    H0RTENSISH0RTENSIS Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    It is also a possibility that a tree will be made available as one of the first items to download through the new, in game store mechanism as that is also to be released this month. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Hopefully it will also be free....perhaps a thank you for having the faith to install the new update.....eeek!
  • Options
    jix2993jix2993 Posts: 3,312 New Member
    edited December 2009
    At least they made a Menorah!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited December 2009
    could someone show me the hoilday items ON THE Store? Since the only thing I can see is the New Year Hats.

Nevermind. I found them.

Please note: don't confuse the Kinnara candle holder with the Menorah one if from Jewish culture the other is from African-American culture. (Kinnara-Kwanza) and (Menorah-Jewish).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited December 2009
    cantapoupe wrote:
    Maybe they're saving it for an expansion pack... Where you can pick your own tree and decorate it and it can catch on fire or something, instead of just giving us decor. No idea.

you could be right not giving us the christmas tree could be good for a expansion, I think if they did add it to expansion then the reason for waiting on that is to make the tree have a function so that every once in a while items could apear under the tree or some thing like that for giving presents
  • Options
    SoberMidgetSoberMidget Posts: 120 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Ugh. This new set wont even download to my game.
    Do you have to have WA to get the free Holiday stuff?
    OH THANK YOU EA!
    In order to allow my sims to have even those things for their homes, I have to go spend a ton of money.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited December 2009
    well,no other holidays i care to celebrate...

YOU might not want to, but I'm sure OTHER people DO Care. I celebrate Christmas too, but I'm not gonna be upset if I don't get a tree. Everyone deserves something from what they celebrate this time of year too, not just those that celebrate one of the most commercialized holidays of the year :roll:
  • Options
    BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited December 2009
    jix2993 wrote:
    At least they made a Menorah!

That's funny, she doesn't LOOK Druish :mrgreen: