Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Castle of Despair

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
I've been away from building for a little while, I've been doing some mods for another game :oops: , I was getting a little rusty from not building and I wanted to try out them new dungeon trigger events from the new EP. So I've made a brand new tomb:-

Welcome to the castle of despair, which was nearly called the castle of uploading despair, due to the length of time of getting this to upload.....
Screenshot-8-1.jpg

The castle and the dungeon below have been fully play tested and work perfectly, it contains many triggers, traps and of course treasure.

Screenshot-5-3.jpg

The entire outside of the castle is falling into ruins, due to the trusty pickaxe from the new ep, it wont be long before your sim starts to find the secrets around the castle.

sdscccc3.jpg

The design should challenge most tomb raider sims, thou the actual lot is a community lot, I'm sure should you ever complete all the challenges you can turn the lot into a residential lot and move a sim in and redesign the lot and even live inside the tomb itself, the tomb will fully support a sim that wishes to live on the lot.

dsdsdsd.jpg

CAN WE SEE THE DUNGEON PLEASE?
No

I will show this picture only of the inside, just to show you the size of the inside, the actual tomb is designed to be played and by showing you any of the inside it will take away the challenge level for the lot. You should get, a good few hours entertainment from playing the dungeon, in search of the tricksters treasure.

Screenshot-29.png

I will give you one secret thou, if you avoid playing this for 24 hours game time, several spawn markers will activate and you might get lucky and find some tomb moths and some other atmosphere builders in and around the lot.
Also any fisher sims might wish to try a little fishing around the outside of the castle, I wonder what you will find....

LINK AND DOWNLOAD

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1659746#

Comments

• Options
    addict1220addict1220 Posts: 3,778 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Great. Another reason why I'm lamenting the fact I don't have WA. :mrgreen:
    Looks like your time off didn't have too much negative effect!
    Very nice work. Definitely worth a bump.
    Addict
  • Options
    fieryfemalefieryfemale Posts: 1,593 New Member
    edited December 2009
    gosh if this is what you come back and produce when you have some time off, then time off is a good thing for you.

This is amazing, a definate rec from me.
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited December 2009
    You sure don't look rusty to me... Awesome! Rec'd!
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited December 2009
    Holy cow! :shock:

This is frickin' awesome! I downloaded and recommended. Can't wait to give it a run through in game. I'll be sure to let it set for 24 hours first.

Add me to your group of fans! I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Impressive..
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow that is really nice! It's definitely going in my neighborhood... Going to look impressive too! :D I can't wait to play around in there. It looks like an interesting adventure. Dl and rec.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh WOW! That looks fantastic...properly spooky and atmospheric. And it sounds like a great challenge is to be found, too...sign me up! Outstanding...rec'd.
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow!! :shock: Awesome job!!
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited December 2009
    Stw!!!

So good to see you around and building again! It figures that it took the new castle exterior set and the new tomb building features to get you back!

This build looks sooo incredible! Will definitely download and explore all the details!
  • Options
    YesacYesac Posts: 57 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It looks amazing. You just gave me a reason to get the castle exterior set.
  • Options
    FatalTemptressFatalTemptress Posts: 757 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow, Stw. This castle is -amazing-, probably one of the best creations I've seen so far. (:

+ Rec'd!
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited December 2009
    Just wonderful! Rec'd!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2009
    WOW! That's one impressive castle you have got there! :shock: Really jaw dropping beautiful! Also, love your idea of a secret tomb in the castle! Brilliant! Recommended!
  • Options
    ZombieScout13ZombieScout13 Posts: 417 New Member
    edited December 2009
    THAT'S rusty?!?!

0_0

Woah, I feel so disgraced looking at this 'rusty' build compared to mine >.>

This is amazing. One of the most beautiful lots.

May I hug it??

DL, rec & fav from me, dude (Y)
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree with amchristian 'Holy cow!'

I love a ruin and a great ruin is even better! Brilliant! If I could rec it more than one I would! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jisgr8jisgr8 Posts: 837 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Start sending some of that rust my way. This place is sweet. Fantastic job placing and CASing all the stones/rubble to make it really look like an authentic ruin. Definite rec

J :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MinraedMinraed Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited December 2009
    wow indeed. Very creative.
    [img][/img] Visit Simaginarium
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey Stew! Glad to see you back. :mrgreen: And, what an awesome build. It looks very realistic and inviting for any explorer. I totally love it! A definite rec'd from me. :D

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    BrennaWBrennaW Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited December 2009
    Stw thsi is fab. I gave you a rec and fav. This is the best castle ruins I have seen. Love it.

Luv Bre
  • Options
    AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Yay! Stw, you're back! Rusty must be a new slang term for awesome, cuz this castle totally rocks! I can't wait to explore it. Another rec coming your way!
  • Options
    Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Fabulous Stew! I saw this earlier on the exchange and had already rec'd it and made it a fav. Good to see you back, and another of your unique creations! :)
  • Options
    yocroseyocrose Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    So I don't know if you have to be especially careful on where you place this, but my sim won't even go onto the lot. The entrance hill seems to be too much. I can fish, though. Am I putting it on the wrong elevation or something?
  • Options
    UKSpring90UKSpring90 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited December 2009
    AWESOME, AMAZING, WELL DONE
  • Options
    TonasketTonasket Posts: 18
    edited December 2009
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I get this into the game where my sims can use it? I understand downloading it and intalling it, I just have never placed/used a custome lot before. Do I have to place the lot in my game, or does it just appear somewhere? A little basic guidance should get me going, if anyone cares to help me out with a quick reply.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    IdaNoReallyIdaNoReally Posts: 449 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Tonasket wrote:
    Sorry for the newbie question, but how do I get this into the game where my sims can use it? I understand downloading it and intalling it, I just have never placed/used a custome lot before. Do I have to place the lot in my game, or does it just appear somewhere? A little basic guidance should get me going, if anyone cares to help me out with a quick reply.
    Thanks.

You download it from the exchange. Close your game. The TS3 launcher will open. You may have to click the box next to the download and hit install or it might install on it's own. When it is done you get a small box that notifies you it's finished.

Go into the game in the Town Edit mode and look in the tab for community lots. This is a community lot that could be converted to a residence if you like. Place the castle on an empty 40 by 30 lot. If the lot location you want to use is not a community lot, you can simply click the lot and convert it to community lot first.
  • Options
    AnimagaAnimaga Posts: 548 New Member
    edited December 2009
    *Does the happy dance* So excited to see you back Stew! I woke up extremely early and decided to troll a bit and I saw this post.

You've done an amazing job! The castle looks really haunting and truely ancient. I honestly don't download many lots, but I throw rec's like mad to those I really like. This one, will probably end up in my lots bin before I head to work.

Score again, sir ~_^

~Animaga