Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAJOR HELP NEEDED!

I downloaded some custom content installed it, and when i tried to play the sims 3, i got to my house, the game crashed, i restarted my PC and before it had even booted the pc up it said there was some sort of file missing or corrupt, and when im trying to start the sims 3 now its telling me to insert the disc, even though the disc is insterted and my disc drive basicly seems dead, wont open, no lights etc...!! so i now cannot get the disc out!! |HELPPP!!

Comments

• Options
    WarsunWarsun Posts: 418
    edited December 2009
    WoW that sucks. ok first. to tell you that sounds like a Trojan and or Virus was installed.

Unplug the power from the back of your computer. Then Start tapping the power button. For about 30 second to drain the battery a little. Then plug the power cord back in.

Now Start the computer in safe mode. If windows it should be F8 button.

Once in there First thing i would do and this will suck. Is to run Malwarebytes if you have it.Or Norton or whatever you have as Virus checking and Malware.

It will find the problem. Because it sounds like a Virus. After this find the stuff you downloaded and put it in the recycle bin. Then do a check for any newly downloaded files in Program files OR in the sims 3 following program files The sims 3 and anywhere in Mods and Packages.

That should tell you. If all else fails Just System Restore back about 1 day.
  • Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks for reply, ive sorted it now i did a system restore :)