Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bleh.. graphics are really bad

The graphics are horrible so my dad is willing to take me to the store to purchase a video card. Does anyone know any computer stores in the U.S. that would be open until 10pm in the east coast besides best buy & circuit city (even though it closed)

Comments

• Options
    SmokaColaSmokaCola Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2009
    www.newegg.com

Don't buy your parts from a store. You'll just get ripped.
  • Options
    xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I know, but oh well, I'm just really anxious to play the box is starring at me, lol
  • Options
    Cullen23Cullen23 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Try finding a computer parts store...someone who puts in the parts themselves. I did that and told him exactly what video card and how much ram i needed which came to like $150 which is cheaper then best buy...i think...but just search for a local computer place (not best buy or circuit city)

Use them if you have to though
  • Options
    dancinginseptdancinginsept Posts: 14 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Mine were really bad too at first and all I had to do was change the resolution (I think that's it, I think I changed it to like 1200x800 or something like that.) My graphics are awesome now. I would try that before spending money!
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited June 2009
    CompUSA maybe?
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    xocAnDiixocAnDii Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited June 2009
    My video card is below the requirements so that's probably not it and CompUSA closed :( I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow, I'm so impatient haha
  • Options
    jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited June 2009
    xocAnDii wrote:
    My video card is below the requirements so that's probably not it and CompUSA closed :( I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow, I'm so impatient haha

Same. I want to play the game but somethings preventing me :(
    I hear you. My video card is also below the requirements. I just hope that changing the resoultion or putting up the settings helps.. :)
  • Options
    DynastronDynastron Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wait, here is what I found out, Sims3 is sensitive to your native resolution AND does not automatically adjust itself. Once YOU adjust it, you will be fine. Graphics are WAY better. (in settings,,,, the graphics part)

I suspect for most of you peeps with modern-ish computers, you will want to set you sims 3 to 1280 x 1024.