Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't install CC

So, let's add this to the running tally of crap EA screwed up with the latest update (or not the latest, but the latest I could download 1.7).

I can download CC, but now I can't install it. Not just CC from the Sims store, but CC from anywhere. The second the downloader opens, I get an error message and it crashes.

So, I was just wondering if I was alone in this, or if EA is playing a joke on us...

Comments

• Options
    phantacy8phantacy8 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited December 2009
    your not alone i cant install cc either.......the bar goes all the way green but then says"........." installation failed. please make sure you have the latest game updates. can a sim guru help us?
  • Options
    KulpaKulpa Posts: 5
    edited December 2009
    I have the same problem!!! And it seems like no one knows how to help us!!
    :(((
  • Options
    KulpaKulpa Posts: 5
    edited December 2009
    I sort of figured it out how to download from a store...
    when you purchase (or get free stuff) from the store, you press ok to confirm your purchase and then it says that your game is not uptodate and that you have to download and blah blah blah in order to download this item. then there is a box that says that i am patched, so u just tick it and press continue. and it will download and then u install it and it will say success.
    how every it doesn't work for the exchange...dunno why... trying to figure this one out...
  • Options
    MstymayMstymay Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2009
    I am having this problem too and have posted about it before but no one is helping. It seems they just don't care that we can't enjoy the game we purchased. :evil:
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    still no fix?
  • Options
    peediepandapeediepanda Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have this problem too, started after I installed WA.
    A bit angry as I have bought things from the store and can't install them on my game. Even the items it says has been installed shows up as not?!
    Gradually losing patience
  • Options
    WhatsimsWhatsims Posts: 332 New Member
    edited December 2009
    You know .package files go in a different place?

1. Go to Finder, find applications list
    2. Click on Sims 3
    3. Click on The Sims 3
    4. Click on Contents
    5. Click Resources
    6. Click transgaming
    7. Click c_drive
    8. Click Program Files
    9. Click Electronic Arts
    10. Click The Sims 3
    11. Make a new folder titled "Mods"
    12. Make another folder inside that one called "Packages"

Place all .package files there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have your Resource.cfg file, which is included in all Peggyzone hair files. This gets the CC to work. Put it right beside your Mods folder.
  • Options
    MstryMstry Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Tried that, but still nothing showing up. Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    WhatsimsWhatsims Posts: 332 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Okay, so let's say I wanna download a hair from PeggyZone. I click DOWNLOAD, and go to my finder to find this...

ScreenShotMac01.png?t=1260679116

If I don't have it already, I place that pretty little Resource.cfg file you see at the bottom of the list here.

ScreenShotMac02.png?t=1260679311

See where I put it? Put it RIGHT there. Now where do I put the .package for that hair I wanted?

ScreenShotMac03.png?t=1260679372

Right in that folder, where all the other .package files listed in the picture.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yea but what about the stuff off the exchange in our launchers that wont download? Nothing off the exchange is working for me
  • Options
    livingdeadgirl777livingdeadgirl777 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    ugh, i have this problem as well. i can download, i just can't install any cc from The Exchange. it's soo annoying! :x
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any solutions? Any at all??
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited December 2009
    at times i feel that i spend more time sorting out technical issues than actually playing the game!!!!!!!!!! furious!
  • Options
    livingdeadgirl777livingdeadgirl777 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited December 2009
    jimbbq wrote:
    at times i feel that i spend more time sorting out technical issues than actually playing the game!!!!!!!!!! furious!

i know! it's driving me crazy! :evil:
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Do they even care that we can't play our games to the fullest extent? I want my money back if they arn't going to fix this. Seriously, I cant install things from the exchange, its not like I'm downloading from another site, this is the LAUNCHER.
    PLEASE help. I don't want to spend vacation simless!!!
  • Options
    ihavepsychicpowersihavepsychicpowers Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    For those of you who have WA installed and can't install CC--when you go to do that what icon comes up when you download? I know whenever I tried to download I got an error message until I realized it was still trying to download with the sims 3 icon. So I moved that from my desktop and put to WA one in its place and then I was able to download fine.

I don't know if that will help any of you at all but I thought I'd share.
  • Options
    MKhoninMKhonin Posts: 68 New Member
    edited December 2009
    WHEEEEEN are they gonna fix this!?!!?!? Im so frustrated. Why release a game for Mac users if we cant even enjoy it completely?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    For those of you who have WA installed and can't install CC--when you go to do that what icon comes up when you download? I know whenever I tried to download I got an error message until I realized it was still trying to download with the sims 3 icon. So I moved that from my desktop and put to WA one in its place and then I was able to download fine.

I don't know if that will help any of you at all but I thought I'd share.

I don't have WA yet. Everything from the exchange fails ><
  • Options
    BigMusclePaulBigMusclePaul Posts: 29 Member
    edited December 2009
    SOME CC FILES HAVE SELF-CHANGED FORMAT

Hi guys,

I think I've discovered part of the CC problem (but I haven't solved it.... yet...). After the latest patch I've been having problems installing CC .sims3pack files (patterns, for the most part) on my macbook pro. With Mac OS X, when I do a full list view (viewing what's in the single folder), if you look at 'kind' (the column after 'size'), some files have 'lost' their 'sims3pack' 'kind', and have reverted to either 'Unix Executable File' (which I think is what a .package file is), and some have reverted to just plain 'document' even though they all still have their .sims3package extensions. I've tried using the 'file info' option to re-associate those files with the new WA installer, but no luck, they still won't install. I even tried associating them with the regular sims3 installer, and that won't work either.

I think if you really want the CC files that have somehow reverted to 'unix executable', i would try re-naming the file extension from 'sims3package' to '.package', and putting them in the 'mods' folder.

I still don't know how to change the files that have reverted to 'documents'......

I'll let you know if I discover anything more....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Your awesome! I'll try that and see what happens. I pray it works!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    totally did not work
    and i found out most things in my sims doesnt work cause of patch >O
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Any fixes yet?
  • Options
    kiwibaby4kiwibaby4 Posts: 1,936
    edited December 2009
    I have the same problem. I was only able to play two days on my pc before i got a million bugs. Once i got my mac for christmas i thought it would get better but now only 9 out of 10 sims i download will install and then the custom content doesn't work and they're ugly. =/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I got WA for christmas but I dont know if i should open it or return it if EA is going to leave our games broken.
  • Options
    RavenMistwolfRavenMistwolf Posts: 29 New Member
    edited December 2009
    What if you don't have/can't find the resources file?

Whatsims wrote:
    You know .package files go in a different place?

1. Go to Finder, find applications list
    2. Click on Sims 3
    3. Click on The Sims 3
    4. Click on Contents
    5. Click Resources
    6. Click transgaming
    7. Click c_drive
    8. Click Program Files
    9. Click Electronic Arts
    10. Click The Sims 3
    11. Make a new folder titled "Mods"
    12. Make another folder inside that one called "Packages"

Place all .package files there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure you have your Resource.cfg file, which is included in all Peggyzone hair files. This gets the CC to work. Put it right beside your Mods folder.
    Post edited by Unknown User on