Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I must be werid... because I'm enjoying the game

Like the title says, I have yet to experience any real issues. The installation went without a hitch, I love making different designs and clothes with the create a style, and the whole seamless neighborhood creates a feeling like my sims are part of something larger. I just wish switching between families was easier.

Comments

• Options
    LGT09LGT09 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i love it! of course there will be people who wont like it..but its the first day its out..this is the time where the game weeds out all the people who dislike it..and soon you'll see alot more positive feedback =)
  • Options
    Simfan281Simfan281 Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am werid to I am enjoining my Game to. :-) My game install fine I have Collecters Edition. +1
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited June 2009
    *raises hand* I'm weird too. I love it... everything about it. There's nothing I would change at this point.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    Sim2Kid405Sim2Kid405 Posts: 205 Member
    edited June 2009
    well I'm enjoying the game to so add me to the weird group,
  • Options
    LilithLilith Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd enjoy it more if my computer wasn't turning off at random intervals, however that has little to do with the actual game. This is the most fun I've had since... I can't even remember when.
  • Options
    TheUnknownSoulTusTheUnknownSoulTus Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    From what I've been able to play (My external harddrive bugged some things) I really like it too o.o

How can people complain Sims 3 is "just an upgrade of sims 2" ...uh. Yes. Sims 2 was 'just an upgrade' from sims 1 if you recall o.O

I've never enjoyed Create-A-Sim so much really.
  • Options
    JxG1991JxG1991 Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, I'm not alone!
  • Options
    LGT09LGT09 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited June 2009
    people are just not used to the new gameplay..remember its been 5 years sice we got a whole new game..just takes some getting used too...
  • Options
    Gentlestorm2004Gentlestorm2004 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i'm not having any problems either. In fact from the time I put my DVD in to me tweaking highlights in CAS took all of 5 mins. I have the NON-collector's edition by the way! :mrgreen:

I'm loving it to. Smooth gameplay, so far, and my sims are a trip. I'm laughing already. my sim thought she hit the jackpot because she met a rich sim she was getting along with. My sim had the frugal trait. She was trying to get a rich best friend LOL!!! I guess so she wouldn't have to spend any money. My sim loves to go to those sporting events. Of course they can get pretty pricey LOL!
  • Options
    CobyCoby Posts: 1,725 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So far I have enjoyed the Sims 3 experience. :)
  • Options
    shboogiesshboogies Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2009
    It's fun. I think the disappointment is in the fact that everyone was expecting something completely new and outside-the-box from The Sims 2. What we got, however, was The Sims 2 with traits and better graphics.
  • Options
    catrinecatrine Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i'm loving it! haven't had any major problems.....yet :roll:
  • Options
    velcroshoesvelcroshoes Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited June 2009
    When I first got it I was like "Huh?" I felt like the controls were weird and didn't get how to change the wallpaper (hehe) but a few hours later I totally got it and anyone who doesn't like it hasn't played for a while. The first 1/2 hour game play will be strange but now I really love it and cannot stop playing! :D
  • Options
    SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess I am also wierd. I FREEKIN LOVE IT!!
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited June 2009
    I hadn't liked Sims 2 when I first got it. It took awhile to get used to it. But I love Sims 3 immediately. There is a bit more to get used to, but it's worth it IMO.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    setevaseteva Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    UPS delivered mine at noon, and it is now 9pm and I haven't stopped yet! Granted, I've only made one family so far, and played the heck out of them. Just getting a feel for it
  • Options
    blueyed_qt11blueyed_qt11 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I absolutely love it!!!! and Create a sim is just amazing i have barely scratched the surface of it!
  • Options
    kipperfan01kipperfan01 Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am loving this game as well, I love the seamless neighborhoods, Riverview being my favorite. I love being able to customize everything as well.

I thought I was going to have issues playing with my Nvidia 9500 gt, but everything looks fabulous, I can even play on high detail.

The only little thing that annoys me is the saving when you quit, it seems to take forever, but maybe that has more to do with my computer than the game itself.
  • Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not as excited as I was waiting for the game. I think it's mainly because I am extremely tired, maybe a tad overwhelmed knowing I finally got my copy, and the fact that my computer needs a lot more memory and some other work done. I still count myself as one of the weird people because I am enjoying this game very much.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.