Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[UPDATED] Snow Leopard and WA installed fine, but...

...I'm still having two problems. Both are annoying, but one really has me fuming, while the other is only irksome, so I'll start with the irksome one:

1. When I go to use the "basement" tool in my newly patched/updated game, (version 2.2.9,) the game crashes to the desktop without warning. I haven't tried to actually go on any adventures yet, and the first thing I did was use the "Save As..." command and replace all of my old saved games; so far, so good. My lifetime rewards and wishes are all intact, I now have the option of giving a previously "lifetime wish-less" Sim the "visionary" lifetime wish, so I'm not seeing any other issues here. But if I go into "edit town" mode in a new game and try to mess around with that basement tool, I'm instantly kicked to my desktop. Again, this is irksome, I bought WA specifically because I wanted basement functionality, (everything else was fluff to me,) and now I can't even use the one tool I was looking the most forward too, but at least my game is running unlike all of the poor Simmers who have the digital download instead of the DVD version of the game.

2. All right, this has me flaming mad, because it's the second time this has happened to me now. Back when I registered my "base game," (which despite what my profile says is actually the collector's edition,) I was unable to redeem my Simpoints and I had to have EA manually credit them to my account after someone here came up with an awesome form letter and combination to use to get EA to manually credit Simpoints to my account. I still have my initial 1,000 Simpoints and have not used a single one of them; EA can verify this, and they can verify that those points were credited to me in June or July whenever they actually acknowledged that I was having a problem.

Now it's bad enough that I had to jump through hoops to get my Simpoints for the TS3 CE "base game," but the fact that I'm going to have to do so again with WA apparently really has me infuriated. I registered my game with EA, I went onto my MyPage, I clicked the big orange "REDEEM SIMPOINTS" button, a box popped up after a moment telling me my account had been credited, but guess what; it hadn't been credited, at all! I still have the same 1,000 Simpoints that I had before I registered World Adventures, I should have 2,000 Simpoints EA, not 1,000, and I'm very angry about this right now, not because it's happened once, but because it's happened twice now and I feel like I'm being cheated out of my Simpoints.

My question for EA would be as follows: What incentive to I have to spend money on more Simpoints if I can't even redeem the "FREE" promotional Simpoints that you keep touting with each game I've purchased? Right now the only incentive I have is to NOT purchase anymore Simpoints if EA's TS3 store is going to just eat my cash the way it "ate" my registration info and didn't give me my Simpoints.

If anybody has the original form we used back in June to redeem our free Simpoints, could you please post it again; it'd be much appreciated so that I can actually receive my Simpoints. Likewise, if EA has changed their procedure for manually crediting me with my Simpoints, please let me know. Again, any and all help is appreciated, and anything that the Gurus can do to either pass this info along or get me my Simpoints would be greatly appreciated. It's one thing for this "glitch" to happen once when the game is new, again, I'm not mad that it happened the first time, I'm mad that whatever glitch caused me to not have access to my Simpoints originally is occurring with WA, and that EA still hasn't fixed this issue. If other people are having this problem, please post here so we know.

For the other Simmers posting in this thread, PLEASE use the "system specs" template that I'm providing below to help reduce ambiguity; just remove my system specs and replace them with your own. Thank you. :)

System & Game Specs:
- Model: Mac Pro (Early 2008; A.K.A. MacPro 3,1)
- Mac OS X Version: Mac OS X 10.6.2
- World Adventures Medium: DVD-ROM
- Game Version: 2.2.9
- Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 5600 (far exceeds EA's minimum specs)
- Custom Content: Only items from the TS3 Store and TS3 Exchange
- Third Party Content or Mods: None.

Finally, I have to say that my overall impression of World Adventures and the 2.2.9 patch is relatively positive. Aside from the aforementioned issues, I haven't noticed any other bugs, at least not yet, and I can confirm that TS3 does indeed function under Mac OS X 10.6.2, so if you're jumping to Snow Leopard, it seems "safe" now, at least on my machine; if you're still running 10.6 or 10.6.1, use "Software Update" to upgrade to 10.6.2 and your game should theoretically function properly. Now if anyone can help me with the above issues, I'd seriously appreciate it; thank you.

UPDATE: EA has credited my account accordingly, and I now have 2,000 Simpoints as I should have had, so this appears to be a lag in their system. Thank you for fixing this problem EA. :) One issue solved, one to go: I'm still running into the basement tool causing a "crash to desktop," so any and all assistance pertaining to said tool is still appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    beckey12beckey12 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Isn't it supposed to be 6,000 simpoints for World adventures? and it was 10,000 for base game! I got my points for base game but I have yet to recieve my points for world adventures, I've come searching the web for some help with it...
  • Options
    sunshinejenn03sunshinejenn03 Posts: 157 Member
    edited December 2009
    I guess now is not the time to tell you that the basement tool was free with an update to the base game?
    ccdedef9-211b-4e2c-bb1f-e55a0b05f020.jpg