Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't install items i've purchased from store

:( I seem to be having a problem where i can not install recent purchases into my game. When i click on install nothing happens and i mean nothing. I can't even click on the show file button either. The only thing that works even slightly is the delete button. When i try to install previously installed items i get this message:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x065d0274)

What's going on?
Simming for 19 years!
Family Tree
Playing Mod & CC Free

Comments

• Options
    CasmeCasme Posts: 8
    edited November 2009
    ive been having the same problem for weeks now. and havent heard anything from ea. i guess now they've got our money they don't value us anymore.
  • Options
    ZtitchZtitch Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2009
    I have the same problem. I hope they will fix it soon!
  • Options
    jojo_c2007jojo_c2007 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2009

Yeah i no wat u guys are sayin it is really annoyinn

it wasn always like this though.... i used to be able to do it

I mean i tryed everything

reinstalling the game...to goin on a different account... anyways if u get any info lemme no plz :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Kaching1987Kaching1987 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I'm having the same problem, but it's only been with WA... i finally got one of the items to appear in the downloads window, but it wouldn't install so u gave up and tried to load the game, but when i went into my saved game it said something about a serious error occuring and i am currently having to reinstall everything!! i don't know whats going on
  • Options
    amor1980amor1980 Posts: 38 Member
    edited November 2009
    me too, finally got my game working right, and now this. im not even gonna worry about it, but i would like to be able to redownload all the things i purchased. My whole world adventures/patch experience was a nightmare. completely unistalling and reinstalling, so i need all the sets that i purchased back. i hope they fix this problem
  • Options
    lildelillildelil Posts: 4 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I was having the issue for awhile and then it fixed itself or they did it. But now I downloaded the sims3 WA and I can't get it to install the explorer's loot or anything. They need to fix this if they expect me to buy anything else!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i actually sent the question in through the help heading on the 29th. No answers yet. I will keep posted if and when they actually get back to us.
  • Options
    MzNiqueNMzNiqueN Posts: 36
    edited December 2009
    I was having that same problem then i reinstalled my game and updated it. It works :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't know what they did, but i can now download my purchases. I sent them a message and it took them close to a week but they fixed it for me. :mrgreen: