Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My grim reaper is stuck :(

I have a family of 4 sims. I starved the mother, on purpose, by fencing her in an enclosed area outside. Right before she starved, she age transitioned. I was busy looking at another sim, and saved when Grimmy came to get her. I didn't know she was dying right then. So now she and Grimmy are stuck out in the yard. She's a floating ghost, the tombstone is there. I took the fence away with the sledgehammer because nothing else was working. Still stuck. I killed another sim in the house, and now he's still there and the ghost and Grimmy are still out in the yard. What do I do to make him go away or to get her to finish the death transition?

While all of this is going on, I can't edit the town, I can't move out, I can't do anything except buy and build mode.

I have WA, if it matters.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hi,

There is one thing you can try. While in game, press CTRL + SHIFT + C on your keyboard to bring up the code console. After that, type in this command:

resetSim <Firstname> <Lastname>

Substitute the placeholders with the name of your stuck Sim. For example, if her name was Jane Smith you would type:

resetSim Jane Smith

What this command does is reset the named Sim with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports the Sim back home.

If the above does not work, you can try reverting back to a previous save to help resolve your issue. Instructions on how to retrieve save files can be found at the following EA Support article:

http://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=y8HafoNj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_faqid=23834
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    cinderspritzercinderspritzer Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2009
    I'll try that. Thanks a bunch :)