Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking of getting World Adventures. Would Like Some Feedback.

I'm thinking of getting The Sims 3 World Adventures and would really appreciate some feedback from those who already have it.
A little about me...I play the sims for the family and life dynamics so I figure it would be nice to have expansion pack in order to have the whole family go on vacation.

Soooo....
    What do you like about it?
    What do you like least about it?
    And what do you spend the most time doing with it?

Thank You
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    Vixen123Vixen123 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Good post, I'd like to know more about this game too. Is it worth buying? Do you get plenty of furniture and objects to put in your Sims houses?
  • Options
    RidgebackloverRidgebacklover Posts: 107 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love the game, and I have barely scratched the surface.

Like: great graphics, a lot to discover, adventures, hobbies
    Like least: bugs, I had the error 16 issue and now I'm having the food spoiling over issue. I also lost a family.
    Spend most of my time: traveling and trying to pick up the hobbies

Overall, I would say the game is worth it, but my bugs have not been as bad as others. I think the game itself is incredible and very in depth. I'm still kinda PO'd about the price though.
  • Options
    mynameisjimbobmynameisjimbob Posts: 911 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love it personally but I know a lot of people may disagree with me.
    I love Egypt especially because there are a lot more adventures and the photography aspect is fun once you get into it.
    Repetition is a problem though, a lot of the adventures have to be repeated once you start a new family which is annoying considering that at some point you WILL complete all the adventures and have nothing to do.
    You don 't get many buyable objects, maybe 60? But you can collect things from tombs that are non-purchaseable.
    Overall, I give it an 8/10.
  • Options
    qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thank you so much for the feedback thus far!
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member
    edited November 2009
    WA is a very good expansion pack. If it weren't for some of the crazy bugs I've been dealing with, I would recommend it.
  • Options
    SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited November 2009
    What do you like about it?
    Fun adventures; collecting gems, insects, bugs etc; photography; martial arts; nectar making; new gardening options & plants; new fish; new books & foods; new sliders in CAS.

What do you like least about it?
    Glitches like food spoiling so quickly, some shops becoming inaccessible for different play sessions. I expect they will eventually fix these with a patch.

And what do you spend the most time doing with it?
    Adventures, exploring and Collecting.
  • Options
    shalynn_marieshalynn_marie Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love it! As long as you don't have nay conflicting mods you shouldnt have any problems. I ended up having to reinstall the game due to the slider hack but since them its been absolutelt perfect and well worth it.

I like so many things! I like the beautiful scenery and i really enjoy the puzzle aspect to it.

What I like least is that sims who arent planning on going on adventures dont really have anything to do. On another forum someone mentioned how they should have added things like swimmable oceans, and sandcastle building etc, to add more dimension.

I definately spend the most time going trhough tombs. I'm also having fun with the martial arts and the nectar making.

All in all I love it!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited November 2009
    If they ever release the dozen or so patches to fix the game it will be fun to play.
  • Options
    CleverClogsSK1CleverClogsSK1 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Hello, this is a good question that i wished i had asked,
    i have played sims since sims 2 and have loved every expansion pack avalible. Unfortunatly this to me was a complete disapointment! I got it on friday and was bored of it by sunday!!!

I brought the game for the same reasons you said you would like it, for the whole family vacation theme. I loved Sims 2 Bon Voyage and thought this would be a similar concept, which it is not.

In this game the idea of going to a place e.g. Egypt would be to explore a pyramid. This sounds fun but until you do enough challenges you can only stay in a place for 3 days. You can go as a family but it isn't like a vacation. There are no hotels and you cannot control sims in foreign lands. I think some people would love it but unfortunatly i don't fall into that category (and from what you have told us i don't think you do either?)

There are some good features such as the martial arts skill and photography, also meeting sims in different lands but appart from that this game is lacking for me.

If i could turn back time i wouldn't have brought it and wasted my money,
    I hope this has helped, as i said some people would love it but for a vacation theme i wouldn't bother.

Good Luck!