Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA should compensate us with SimPoints

The debacle with the patch for we Mac download version users who haven't been able to play the game since BUYING it has left many with a very bitter taste in our mouths.

EA MUST build back our faith in them and I think the best way to do this would be a 1000 point credit to all Mac users who bought the download version of the game.

The disc version players have actually been able to play but with a few issues so I think they should be compensated with a 500 point credit as well.

This is ludicrous that EA allowed a product they KNEW would not work to be sold and so EA needs to say sorry with a BIG gesture.

If you agree then please post here with your username and which copy of the game you purchased (download or disc) so EA knows who their customers are and to what extent this problem has affected we Mac users.

I'll start:

username: lowededwookie
WA version: download

I purchased this on Thursday or Friday (admittedly that's Wednesday/Thursday as I'm in New Zealand and so +12 GMT) and I've not been able to play since then.

Comments

• Options
    kris5harnkris5harn Posts: 10
    edited November 2009
    Username: Kris5harn
    WA version: Download.

I, too, am super disappointed. I purchased this last Tuesday the MINUTE it was available, and am still waiting for the patch to make it run. Kinda sucks.
  • Options
    simfanxxsimfanxx Posts: 53 New Member
    edited November 2009
    the points would do me no good as i can install sims 3 packs since i got WA.
  • Options
    Brandon639Brandon639 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Username: Brandon639
    Version: Digital Download

SimPoints would help. Wouldn't be as good as a refund would be, but go with what you get.

*Edit* Lol not sure why I put password instead of version.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    smtremelsmtremel Posts: 38
    edited November 2009
    also purchased the digital download version...
  • Options
    Molly08Molly08 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I bought the disk version from Best Buy but I too have some problems while playing
    One example is this strange white flash that randomly happens while playing and it happens to my friend on her Mac as well....
    Anyways, it's too bad that EA is not putting out that patch
  • Options
    KattoonKattoon Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    Username - Kattoon
    WA Version - Download

I am also very upset at the way this has been handled. Simpoints would definitely be a good faith gesture by EA games as an "apology". Simply saying thank you for your patience is not enough.

At least Game Tree Online is offering a 10% discount on our next purchase!
  • Options
    Papillon14Papillon14 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Username - Papillon14
    WA Version - Disc

Whilst I bought A disc version of the game it didnt really work that fantastically

I do however have reservations as to whether or not we'll be credited simpoints in compensation, because it seems that some people have been already....
  • Options
    AquaticaAquatica Posts: 110 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Username: Aquatica.
    WA Version: DVD disc.

I really could not agree more. What angers me the most is that all of you were just about ignored. You being the download folks who couldn't even play. What else I hate is that when I had no ability to update and heard there was an issue with it, I called EA to complain. When I did, they didn't ask if I had a disc or if I downloaded it. They didn't tell me the disc had the 1.7 update on it. I spent two days thinking my game was unplayable. I had no idea because none of the techs bothered to ask anything at all. None of them cared enough, they just told me to send in my computer specs and told me that I would get a response from a tier 3 tech in 24 or more hours. I got a response, but it told me I had to wait longer. I then reviewed my experience as being terrible, because it was. I really, REALLY want compensation for this. Not only do I hate the idea that they give us 5 hairstyles I really like to use, but then they let us pay extra money to get the things we like. That's just stupid. Like many others have said, why on Earth would they produce a game, make some extra content for it, and then make us pay freaking 10 dollars for just enough to get maybe one set of items and a little random other item?? The gurus used to build houses and make sims for us to download when TS2 was around. Now that they're getting good, they decided to make us pay for it when they should have just included it in the game.

REIMBURSEMENT FOR OUR SUFFERING, RIGHT NOW. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    CharisseNicole87CharisseNicole87 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm not sure if this thread made an impact on them or not, but I just tried to download the digital copy of the WA expansion pack, which, of course, didn't work because the installer is only for PC. When I called, they reimbursed me the funds AND gave me $20 towards an ea.com purchase. While I'm insanely annoyed at the process, I am pleased that they offered me this "bonus" credit.

If you are interested in purchasing digital copies of games in the future I recommend www.direct2drive.com. That's where I purchased my digital copy of the WA expansion. It works and they support unlimited downloads for the future if you need them.