Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Am I Doing Wrong?

kspears72kspears72 Posts: 51 New Member
I have read and followed no less that 6 tutorials for 3 solid days on making patterns. The problem I am having is when I get to TSR workshop is this:

When I add my color for the red channel it turns everything that color:shock:. Then I try to add the color for the green channel everything turns the second color. and the same thing happens with the blue and alpha channel. I am on the verge of tears trying to figure this out.

HELP PLEASE :!:

Comments

• Options
    saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
    edited November 2009
    Kspears, I'm prepared to help you darl. Ok, so there's a couple of things I need to know.

1) Which program are you using?
    2) So you're splitting your pattern up so that you turn the bit you want to show up white and everything else is black? So there should be three different images on each level?
    3) How many colours are you trying to do your pattern in?

The reason why I ask this is because three colours or less is less likely to stuff up on you than four colour patterns. There's a trick to four colour patterns, and what that trick is depends on which program you're using.

I've bookmarked this and I'll roll past this thread in an hour or so to see how you're doing. I'm also beginning to write a plain language pattern tute, but it's not going to be ready for another couple of weeks.