Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The good traits...

EVileEVile Posts: 27 New Member
Ok.

In my previous posts I may have been just a little mean and condescending. Please excuse my "Nerd Rage". I simply had very high hopes for this game because it is without a doubt one of the most rare and absorbing franchise available to gamers today. Even with the many concerns and disappointments I have with this installment The Sims remains one of my all time favorite games.

I would now like to bring the lights down just a little and give some credit where credit is due.

One thing I love and would very much enjoy seeing be explored further is the traits feature. I feel it adds an incredible sense of depth to my characters which has not been seen before. I think that traits should be something for developers top focus on in the future. One could sit for hours (no doubt) pondering new and exciting dimensions to add to the human (or Sim) condition. Please let your imaginations loose on this one. People are at the same time the most whimsically beautiful and amusingly ugly creatures to observe. The more unique and intriguing the traits the more enjoyable and fulfilling I think the Sims experience will be.

Speaking of imagination, I would also enjoy seeing more things of a fantastic nature implemented in the game. Expansions like "Open for Business" and "Seasons" were certainly points of interest to add for mundane existence. However some of my fondest Sims memories involve encounters with things like robot maids, Frankenstein science experiments, genies, vampires, aliens, ect. I mean... C'mon. The "carnivorous cow plant" has to be one of the most hilarious things I've come across while playing a video game.

In closing I will just say That this installment of the Sims may not be exactly what we were all hoping for primarily. Yet it may still have potential to become the iconic experience we all deserve and cherish.

Comments

• Options
    SimoleanRackerSimoleanRacker Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with you here.

In some earlier trailers I saw a few more traits for this game, and now that I have it, I don't see them.

Things like paranoid, worrywart, and a few others that I can't quite remember.

I feel a bit disappointed only because the trailers mis-lead me into thinking that this game was SO much more open than it really is...of course, usually trailers have a tendency to do that I suppose.

But overall, I agree with your point that this game has an amazing amount of potential to be all I expected it to be, and I guess for that, we're just going to need to be patient and wait to see what happens.

**Edit: A few other previously listed traits are: Whiny, tramp, nosy, unforgiving, insensitive...and more. I think if they would have left in these, and added more, the game would be even better!