Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*** I'm betting the next EP is SPORTS to release with the 2010 Olympics! - Post your ideas!!! ***

I believe EA has every intention of selling us opened rabbit holes one at a time in new EPs, and the next one that makes sense is the Stadium to coincide with the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I'd love to see all the standard Winter Olympic and Summer Olympic sports as well as popular team sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, football etc. How about dodge-ball for the kids? Sims could skill up in preparation at the gym, pool, running track, courts, or playing fields. Players could build obstacle courses for sims to compete on, or more complicated playgrounds for sim-kids to play on.

Post games and activities you'd like to see in a sports themed EP!:

* Skiing, Snowboarding - Ski cross country around town, or freestyle down some mountains; Add jumps for awesome tricks!
* Bobsled, Skeleton, Luge - Design-A-Track, it's like a roller coaster on ice.
* Figure skating, speed skating - Sims have ice rinks to practice on, or just have fun at frozen lakes.
* Archery - Perfect for Robin Hood.
* Athletics - Running, jumping, throwing stuff.
* Cycling - Don't just ride to work, ride to win!
* Fencing - Yes! Sword play!
* Gymnastics - Some sims are really flexible.
* Judo, Taekwondo - Learn "Martial Arts" in World Adventures and compete in this new EP.
* Shooting - Not sure if this one is okay with the T rating, but it is a real Olympic sport. How about changing it to Sim-Olympic paintball?
* Swimming - Racing or synchronized.
* Tennis - Tennis courts are lovely additions to parks; Or play table tennis for those sims who hate the outdoors.
* Volleyball - Best played at the beach!
* Weightlifting - A great outlet for those brawny sims.
* Equestrian, Rowing, Sailing - I'd love to see these as sports, but I have a feeling we're going to see riding horses and sailing boats in other EPs.
This is the game that never ends
Yes, it goes on and on, my friends
Some people started playing it not knowing what it was
And they′ll continue playing it forever just because ...

Comments

• Options
    Kaka_FanKaka_Fan Posts: 750 New Member
    edited October 2009
    Anshin wrote:
    I'd love to see all the standard Winter Olympic and Summer Olympic sports as well as popular team sports like soccer, baseball, basketball, football etc.

At first, I was gonna say "how could you forget the most important sport of them all in 2010?!" ...Then I saw you mention Soccer, so you didn't totally forget!

The TS2 Exchange had some Soccer-themed downloads on the verge of the 2006 World Cup, and I'm guessing they'll do the same around June of '10... Well, it probably won't be free this time around.

And when I said "most important sport of them all in 2010," I meant outside of the Olympic Hockey, and anything Tampa Bay Lightning-related! :wink:

P.S. Nice Siggy. That favorite skin of yours is my personal favorite, too!