I'm not sure if this works or not, I'll edit my post once it has been tested.
1.Uninstall the game if it hasn't been installed yet.
2. Go to "My Computer" And drag the Sims 3 game disk to your desktop, the same way you would to move a file from one location to another.
3. Enter the newly created SIms 3 disk folder on your desktop.
4. Run "Sims3setup" (For advanced users, it's Sims3setup.exe).
5.Install the game.
6. Make sure the actual disk is in your drive, and you've uninstall any virtual disk mounting tools. If you don't know what those are, don't worry about it.
7.Run the game.
8. Come back here and tell me if it works.
Or you could wait a few more days for a patch?