Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sick of girls

When I first got TS3 the majority of the babies I would have were girls. I had 12 babies which were 11 girls, 1 boy. When they started releasing patches they wouldn't install in my game so I had to do a reinstall. Since my reinstall I've had 13 more babies, all girls. For awhile I had that hack that makes sure the fruit doesn't determine the sex, still girls. I even ate the fruit. I made some pregnant sims live off fruit... one would live off apples, another would live off watermelons... still girls. :x Umm, I really don't know what to do anymore... do I just deal forever? Or is there another way?
Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
MPOTGthumbnail.jpg

Comments

• Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well fruit usually works for me but if makes u feel better witout fruit I keep getting boys. I dunno what it might be though.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited September 2009
    I want my playables to have girls, but sadly the townies are the only ones. I use to be able to get girls by the fruit thing, but that don't work anymore. Now every family I play have boys only. :(
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hmm... I'd suggest mods that allow you to throw sims back into CAS to edit them, but I don't know any offhand that will work on a completely un-patched game. Even IndieStone wants you to be at 1.27, and AwesomeMod wants 1.3-1.4.

I suppose you can adopt your male children? You can't choose the kid's looks, but you can choose gender. Not the best solution, but at least you'd have sons. :?
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited September 2009
    Oh, my game is patched now. When I reinstalled it I was able to install the patches. I have no problem adopting males.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited September 2009
    blewis823 wrote:
    I want my playables to have girls, but sadly the townies are the only ones. I use to be able to get girls by the fruit thing, but that don't work anymore. Now every family I play have boys only. :(

The patch is only for cooked foods like apple pancakes that shouldn't have any impact on the gender of the child- raw fruit still works.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    KittyTopiaKittyTopia Posts: 322 New Member
    edited September 2009
    3 apples and I get a boy for sure

3 watermelons I get a girl for sure

Maybe your doing it wrong
  • Options
    AnoniemouseAnoniemouse Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Since everyone already answered your question, I'm just here for emotional support.
    My sims only ever had girls in TS2 and I hated it. Most of my first children and TS3 are girls, and then the rest happen to be boys, which is the opposite of how I want it. I feel your pain. I hate having children of all one gender. Stupid children. >(
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited September 2009
    My sims only had boys...with red hair.

And neither of the parents have red hair so I wonder what was going on. Maybe I should check to see what color hair the mailman has. :lol:
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    edited September 2009
    KittyTopia wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't know how there would be a wrong way to do it. :lol:

I guess I will just have to adopt my boys. I rather they have some genetics but I suppose it's better then nothing. lol
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    GJTBMommyGJTBMommy Posts: 25 New Member
    edited September 2009
    KittyTopia wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't know how there would be a wrong way to do it. :lol:

I guess I will just have to adopt my boys. I rather they have some genetics but I suppose it's better then nothing. lol
    I know it's tedious, but right around the time your Sim is going to give birth, save your game. Then, if she has a girl, exit without saving and do it all over again. Unless your game is just buggy, eventually, she'll spit out a boy.

Good luck! :D
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Just make her nom nothing but apples straight from her inventory the whole time shes pregnant, its what i do and i always get a boy.. same with watermelons for girls XD
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited September 2009
    My sim gobbled down three watermelons and had a girl so maybe it works. I'll have to see next time I have a preggy sim.
  • Options
    MorganZMorganZ Posts: 253 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i usually get boys. sometimes i wish i only had girls.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited October 2009
    I know my entire neighborhood is girls. If I don't feed my pregnant ladies apples, I going to add a "pregnancy for all" mod just to have a third gen. Which would be really weird.
  • Options
    naysaslemmingsnaysaslemmings Posts: 477 New Member
    edited October 2009
    I have the mod the stops fruits and prepared foods effecting the gender of my children and I have many many girls... I had a gen of 4 daughters who all went on to have four kids themselves out of those 16 children... 1 was a boy and I only played one of those families.
  • Options
    Zoid42071Zoid42071 Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2009
    GJTBMommy wrote:
    I know it's tedious, but right around the time your Sim is going to give birth, save your game. Then, if she has a girl, exit without saving and do it all over again. Unless your game is just buggy, eventually, she'll spit out a boy.

Good luck! :D
    Personally, that never worked for me. I once saved right before labor began, and was happy that I had when my female sim had twin girls. I didn't want girls, and I certainly did not want TWO of them. I re-ran the time leading up to the labor and birth repeatedly, but time and again it always came out exactly the same. Twin girls. I finally gave up and accepted twin girls. It appeared to be either that, or start a new game. So while that approach worked beautifully in TS2, I don't think it works in TS3 at all.

Especially when if there is a doctor in the family, they can determine the sex of the fetus long before the labor begins. Once my doctors wife got pregnant, and he could tell what the sex was long before it was born.
  • Options
    Zoid42071Zoid42071 Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2009
    Maybe mods are the problem, preventing the game from working as it should. My game has no mods and no CC, and since I learned 3 apples makes a boy and 3 watermellons makes a girl, my sims children have always been precisely what I wanted. Simple. Get pregnant, when female sim gets hungry she consumes 3 apples or 3 watermellons. After that, prepared foods that have neither. 100% success.