Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Item from Newsletter

Where on the My Account page do I enter the coupon code to redeem the free lamp from the email newsletter?

Comments

• Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited September 2009
    I don't know but most people are finding it doesn't work anyway. If you've only got 9 digits then yours wont work. :( sorry if I was unhelpful.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited September 2009
    There's only two places you can enter coupon codes. One is clearly one of those four sets of four numbers/letters that doesn't match the code, and the other is just a single box to enter the numbers/letters in.

And neither location works for the code. :roll:
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited September 2009
    Me either...

When I tried to redeem the code I just got an error message that I've entered an invalid code.

I hope this is fixed soon.
  • Options
    PhrixyPhrixy Posts: 1
    edited September 2009
    I hope they figure this out. .-. I can't even find where you would put the code in.
  • Options
    bglissonbglisson Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ya you would think there would be a coupon place on the account page or that they would have told you where to enter it at better.
  • Options
    janesansiblejanesansible Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I tried this so many times in so many ways...ah...please fix this soon. :?:
  • Options
    lonestarlvnlonestarlvn Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2009
    This is just plain crazy that we receive the newsletter telling us to redeem a coupon code for a free item and then it doesn't work. I don't know about others but this sort of thing just makes me more uncomfortable about buying any expansion pack or anything else for that matter from EA.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited September 2009
    I clearly see why they did this...Perhaps because they betrayed their simfans by offering free exclusive items to people who are first time buyers 3 1/2 months AFTER the game had been released (not considering those BIG fans who already bought ALL the items in the store)

To me, this lamp (that is obviously not working for us to download) is ANOTHER slap in the face...hmmm are we really worth just a lamp?!

Sorry but the store prices are an outrage and to offer this stupid nondownloadable lamp for free is saying how much we really mean to them!

EA, we have made you who you are today and this is how you repay us?! A lamp?? When you gave the first time buyers a coffee table, clock, and a shirt?!!

Something is definately not right and I am really upset about this but what do they care? Oh, wait, THEY DONT! :x :cry:
  • Options
    hellincal2hellincal2 Posts: 93 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Ok I got the VIP message yesterday but I don't see anything about a free lamp. It just tells you about the free stuff for the first time point buyers and the Holloween stuff. Is their an other VIP e-mail.
  • Options
    PoppyBPoppyB Posts: 2,506 Member
    edited September 2009
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey everyone...read the thread below...they addressed it and said they are "looking into it" BUT thats all the ever do and then we hear no response after that...

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/108777.page[url][/url]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DOUBLE POST
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited September 2009
    Well I guess we just have to waite and see if they will send us a new better codes in our emails! All though I hope they do fix this problem soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well I guess we just have to waite and see if they will send us a new better codes in our emails! All though I hope they do fix this problem soon!
    Yea, even though it is a stupid cheapy item, the least they could do is give us a working code!

They always say "we will look into this issue" and then NEVER give you a response. Sort of like the Mr. Cheesy Sale-no response. Oh and the personal issue with my game being SLOOOOOOW--yea no response either...Not expecting them to ACTUALLY "look into it" since they NEVER do...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    Yea, even though it is a stupid cheapy item, the least they could do is give us a working code!

They always say "we will look into this issue" and then NEVER give you a response. Sort of like the Mr. Cheesy Sale-no response. Oh and the personal issue with my game being SLOOOOOOW--yea no response either...Not expecting them to ACTUALLY "look into it" since they NEVER do...

That is so true sometimes. I checked that post and that simguru is offline huuummmm? :(
  • Options
    simluvrsimluvr Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Pretty much like the store sale? That was a joke. I never had anything available in the store on-sale, until the last day and then it was a couple lame hairs I wouldn't take if they gave them to me free.
    I was actually excited about this lamp, until I couldn't find it. In regards to the answer we received, my code doesn't work, so why should I keep entering it.

Does anyone else have trouble entering the forum via community forum? I can't at all. I always have to work around it, this time by going to help.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited September 2009
    I guess I look at it differently. Sure it would be nice if the code worked before they send out the newsletter, but really what are we talking about here, a lamp, just a lamp, not a piano, not a half wall, not a hot tub, and not a diving board, it's not some FREE update to the game like they promised a while back saying it would be out in a couple weeks, and it's not the neighborhood editor like they also promised, it's only a lamp. It's really not a big deal whether we get it today or tommorrow or next week.

The way that I see it, this "promotion" is purely to get people into the store and possibly convert non buyers into buyers. If they just get a small % of people that have no points on their account to spend $10 then their promotion has worked. We all know that the forums are filled with people that will not buy from the store, but it's also filled with people that will buy from the store too, and perhaps some of those buyers haven't been buying as often as EA would like them to, so this little lamp is just a way to get people to come into the store and maybe check it out, or check it out again and see if they can convert those non buyers into buyers.

It is good that somepeople brought this to the attention of EA in their forums (see they do read huh?) however it's not the end of the world, it's no reason to get all ***** about it. Pick you battles wisely and complain about things that are worth complaining about, leave the whining to somebody else.

Take deep breath and remember... It's just a lamp.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    hellincal2hellincal2 Posts: 93 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I just checked in the Store under lighting, floor and the (not a street floor lamp) is there as a free download. I put it in the came and went in and checked and its in my game. Maybe they decided to just put it up as a free download.
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi Simmers,

Yes, it's now available as a free download here:
    http://store.thesims3.com/productList.html?categoryId=11509&scategoryId=11547&pcategoryId=11545&index=0

Thanks for your patience, everyone :).
  • Options
    igzigpuffigzigpuff Posts: 2,634 Member
    edited September 2009
    Showing up late to the party sometimes pays off :lol:..

Thanks for the Free lamp EA... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ty for fixing the problem simguru's! I like the lamp! I did get the new email from VIP! So when will we get a piano drums a diving board and a neighborhood editor? Please can we have theses items through VIP? ty! :)