Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is World Adventures going to have rabbit holes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    oops doubely post :oops:
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2009
    fratelligirl wrote
    I understand why everyone is against those rabbit holes, but I guess they just had to make some buildings rabbit holes. Unlike in TS2, you can go from your own home to the whole neighbourhood to the beach to a friend's house etc, without any loading screens! So if they had to open these rabbit-holes (and most of them are public places so that means more action going on, which means there's more for your computer to process), I guess they had to add loading screens or make the system requirements for the pc higher. And I think we all hate loading screens... :wink:

opening up the rabbit holes will not make the need for loading screens EA made rabbit holes so they diden't have to pay developers to make the inside of the buildings or the interactions inside the buildings the would do what they did for visiting neighbors houses and non rabbit hole buildings they would make it so that as soon as you are on a lot you can see inside a buildings EA would do this if they wanted to but they diden't want to pay the developers this thought saddens me :(

Cynical yes? and very... very wrong.

Excerpt from 1.4 patch>>>>

Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

The warning above is the reason for the rabbit holes.
    Designing the inside of the buildings had absolutely zero to do with it.
    It's the NPC Sims required to make those buildings fully functional at issue.

In TS2 Rodney's Hideout alone had a maitre'd, a waitress, a bartender, and a cook. That' a family of Sims right there....toss in the fortune teller who was almost always on that lot and you have five Sims in just one location.

So add 1-5 Sims for every rabbit hole in the game and you either have to severely cut down on the number of residents in the hood, or limit the number of CAS Sims a player can make, neither of which is a very appealing option.

Hence the rabbit holes.

• Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Uzone27 wrote:
    fratelligirl wrote
    I understand why everyone is against those rabbit holes, but I guess they just had to make some buildings rabbit holes. Unlike in TS2, you can go from your own home to the whole neighbourhood to the beach to a friend's house etc, without any loading screens! So if they had to open these rabbit-holes (and most of them are public places so that means more action going on, which means there's more for your computer to process), I guess they had to add loading screens or make the system requirements for the pc higher. And I think we all hate loading screens... :wink:

opening up the rabbit holes will not make the need for loading screens EA made rabbit holes so they diden't have to pay developers to make the inside of the buildings or the interactions inside the buildings the would do what they did for visiting neighbors houses and non rabbit hole buildings they would make it so that as soon as you are on a lot you can see inside a buildings EA would do this if they wanted to but they diden't want to pay the developers this thought saddens me :(

Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

In TS2 Rodney's Hideout alone had a maitre'd, a waitress, a bartender, and a cook. That' a family of Sims right there....toss in the fortune teller who was almost always on that lot and you have five Sims in just one location.

So add 1-5 Sims for every rabbit hole in the game and you either have to severely cut down on the number of residents in the hood, or limit the number of CAS Sims a player can make, neither of which is a very appealing option.

Hence the rabbit holes.

dang lol where did you come from? :-) You appear outta nowhere and start explaining to everyone the real reasons why things are as they are.

I suppose this means the only way EA could fix these problems is if a family from "out of town" drove into town to work each day. That way they would technically be NPCs, but if you fell in love with one you could marry them and they'd become a part of your family (and take up another resident slot).

Does that idea sound ok? :oops:
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited September 2009
    Uzone27 wrote:
    fratelligirl wrote

Hence the rabbit holes.

dang lol where did you come from? :-) You appear outta nowhere and start explaining to everyone the real reasons why things are as they are.

I suppose this means the only way EA could fix these problems is if a family from "out of town" drove into town to work each day. That way they would technically be NPCs, but if you fell in love with one you could marry them and they'd become a part of your family (and take up another resident slot).

Does that idea sound ok? :oops:

This would mean that during the daytime hours the game would lag horribly as anywhere from 40-50 Sims commuted to work each day.

Edit: Not to mention the complaints from people wanting a nightlife for their Sims...

No unfortunately in order for us to see a return of the service Sim I'm afraid we are going to have to visit a new (mostly non residential) hood...via a load screen.
  • Options
    ChOm1ChOm1 Posts: 294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    maria_loves_alex wrote
    I hope hotels arent rabbit holes because I was looking forward to being able to build my own

there won't BE any hotels in world adventures you only have an option to go to a base camp and you have to have a high enough visa level before you can own a vacation home you raise your visa level by doing quests and you cannot stay for more than two days unless you raise your visa level lol :shock:
    :( But just in Egypt! Begin the travel in a tent in Paris is to bizarre! I think we'll have the choice between the little French standard hôtel and a great hotel as George IV...