Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAS Contest - A great ending p. 14

Comments

• Options
    CassiiCassii Posts: 3,963 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I will join now if thats ok :D gonna do it now XD
  • Options
    Kit10Kit10 Posts: 303 Member
    edited September 2009
    Welcome Cassii!
  • Options
    ybboccobby04ybboccobby04 Posts: 645 Member
    edited September 2009
    Ok here's my entry!

daisyfir.jpg

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1251718

This is Daisy Firtre, the funnest bohemian gal you'll ever meet! She's an artistic nature lover that also loves to party! Everyone can get along with Daisy!

Traits: Artistic, Vegetarian, Green Thumb, Technophobe, Party Animal
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Kit10 wrote:
    GAHH! Ive made a story TWICE And every time i save it it gets rid of it!!!

Yeah these forums are beginning to make me very upset. It's so random about eating your uploads and not letting people reply or post. You'd think if EA can make a great game they could at the very least maintain their forums correctly. Sorry about the rant lol.
    Exactly! :)
    Tut tut EA!
    Kit10 wrote:
    [

As for the photo, I personally love the butterflies one, but it's up to you. :D
    lol thanks, ill change it. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Today is the last day for this weeks photos! We have a couple of great entries, hopefully we can get a few more in by tonight. Bumpity bump.
  • Options
    KraftySimKraftySim Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2009
    CAS Official Entry

Name (your name): KraftySim

Name of your sim: Beth Bohannon has embodied the hippy lifestyle for as long as her parents can remember. Well, they don't remember too much. And neither does Beth, actually. It's a part of being bohemian, they guess. Maybe it's their love of nature? Who knows? But it's not going to bother Beth - she is here for a short time and wants to enjoy every moment she has to share.

Sim traits: Artistic, Loves The Outdoors, Childish, Absent-Minded, Vegetarian

Screenshot-59.jpg

Rationale: Beth enjoys her life, so fully, that when it strikes her to make silly faces - she just does it. Beth has been taught that life is too short not to live it to the fullest, so you might as well have a little fun with it.

Credit to any custom content used:
    Thank you to kanno for creating a wonderful set of default replacement skins!
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited September 2009
    8) Hey Kit I have major crashing problems here girl have been trying to get pics and up her skills a bit to no avail, I will keep trying the next few hours but if not I won't have a chance til first thing in the morning when my pc has had time to rest :? :shock: I understand if I am disqualified from the challenge but will still post her no matter as I had so much fun creating her :wink::D She is wild and free :mrgreen:

Just let me know please :D
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Competition extended until Friday 7pm CST

I know some people are having problems with the forum and with uploading so I am going to extend the competition till tomorrow. Also, because we have so few entries I don't think it'll hurt and maybe we'll get a couple more in. Hope you guys don't mind. Thanks for competing!

• Options
    edited September 2009
    8) Oh thanks you mucho GF! 8) :D I hope you won't be disappointed :wink:
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    You're welcome! I want everyone to have a chance to enter. I hope everyone has enjoyed the competition. I'm going to give it another go for next week, hopefully more will join up.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Dragonbump.jpg
  • Options
    crimsonsunsets22crimsonsunsets22 Posts: 2,591 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Name (your name): crimsonsunsets22

Name of your sim: Rhapsody Boheme

Sim traits: Excitable, Virtuoso, Loves The Outdoors, Green Thumb, Good

Link to posted sim (in case anyone wants to download it): Right here

rhapsodyr.png
    Rhapsody with her two favorite things: mother nature and her guitar.

Rationale: If ever there was a bubbly bohemian, Rhapsody Boheme was it. Rhapsody makes it a point to spread love and happiness to those around her every day. Her excitable and good traits go hand in hand; one of the things that excites her most is donating to charity. Rhapsody is all about spreading her music around town, though she is currently working part-time at the spa, eager to help her less zen neighbors feel good and relax. She also volunteers at the local school on Wednesday afternoons, to teach a children's gardening class.

Credit to any custom content used: Hair with hat from XMsims. Top from MTS. Formal dress from liana sims3. Messy buns hair from Cazy.

• Options
    edited September 2009
    I think ill keep bumping, i want to see what more people will do!
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yay, an extension! I made mine Wednesday and then I got sick and couldn't get a pic to put up. I am going to get that pic right now and get her up here. Thank you so much for the extension!
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    CAS Official Entry

Name: Kayllisti

Name of your sim: La Boheme

Sim traits: Vegetarian, Good, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, Virtuoso

Link to posted sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1257945

[IMG]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/AnnNonimous/Screenshot-11-1.jpg"width=600" "height=450"[/IMG]
    Link to full size image: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h124/AnnNonimous/Screenshot-11-1.jpg

Rationale: For me, the word Bohemian conjures up images of a turn-of-the-century impoverished Parisian artist. La Boheme is my version of that artist, and here she is seen painting a self portrait in a garden. Her image is repeated three times, each at a different angle, like the three graces of joy, beauty, and creativity.

Credit to any custom content used: http://www.peggyzone.com for the hair and dress, though both were recolored by me.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wow, great entries everyone!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    bumpity bump!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    CAS Official Entry

Name:

amchristian

Name of your sim:

Melanie Green

Sim traits:

Natural Cook, Friendly, Green Thumb, Artistic, Bookworm

Link to posted sim :

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1259989

Photo of Sim

9416_103387796339181_100000038838313_100730_6101667_n.jpg

Rationale:

Melanie is a fun-loving lady who loves to embrace life to the fullest. She's very artistic and loves to paint, play the guitar and write books. She loves gardening and cooking with the fresh vegetables from her efforts. She's friendly and always has a smile for everyone she meets. She's like a beautiful flower in full-bloom.. always reaching for the sun.. but with her roots firmly in the Earth.

Credit to any custom content used:

Hair by PeggyZone
    Moonlight Skin by Kanno
    Polished Nails by At the Sims3
    Nose Ring by Melcaramel / Simsprocfun
    Rockermonkey Eyeshine Package - Mod the Sims
    Miniie's LusterShine LipGloss - Mod the Sims
  • Options
    KayllistiKayllisti Posts: 399 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Lovely pic. =)

/bumpity bump bump
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm glad you got to participate after all amchristian, very nice picture too!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thank you, Kayllisti.

I love your pic too and the symbolism in it. Loved your explanation and rationale.

Everyone's Bohemians are adorable! hehe

Thank you too, Kit. I'm glad you decided to run this challenge. It was a lot of fun. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :shock: Well guys sorry to be the barer of bad news, but my game simply won't cooporate on any lot without crashing...I can upload from CAS just fine and take pics in there as well. But everytime I go on lot the game freezes then crashes. I also lost another hood today as well while trying to save after creating another new outfit for my simmie (Riverview is gone) at least in my game it is...still have a backup file from long before all this but it won't help me now sadly :? :( I was used to losing all my sunset valley hoods, but this is a first for riverview, as it was just the crashing issues before when I entered that hood :evil: Now it seems I just won't be able to play my game at all unless EA is willing to send me a new disc, because I have done the uninstall/reinstall, the custom uninstall/reinstall and the dxdiag which EA found nothing out of place, so I truly think my disc is either bad or corrupted since I dldd that dang patch!!

I just can't take it anymore though as I have lost 8 near completed lots which took me days and weeks to do, including today's loss of my Victorian I was doing as a request for another user (was in the riverview hood I lost), which the build, landscape and part of the interiors were complete (she has waited patiently for this for 3 weeks now) :( I can't see myself having fun anymore with the constant threat of loss of creations or crashing of the game, not to mention my disappointing other users be it requests or challenges I have entered :? So with sadness and tons of frustration I will be giving up my game until this is resolved :( I will continue to post on the forums and support all my fellow creators, rec,dld and even fave some, but won't be creating any longer.

Hugs, Terry

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm sorry Terry about all the problems you're having with your game. Hopefully it'll get fixed in time. I'll miss your creations as I very much enjoy them! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Contest officially closed for week 1

Thank you to all participants. I will have the voting post up soon!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Voting for week 1 - The Bubbly Bohemian

Thank you for all of the great entries, they each are very unique and I hope you guys enjoyed participating.

To vote please enter the number of your favorite photo that you feel best represents the theme of the week. The photos below are not necessarily in any order. DO NOT vote for your own photo, you must choose someone elses as your favorite. Thank you!

#1. PoppyBwk1.jpg

#2. ybboccobby04week1.jpg

#3. randommermadeweek1.jpg

#4. KraftySimweek1.jpg

#5. Kayllistiweek1.jpg

#6. crimsonsunsets22week1.png

#7. amchristianweek1.jpg