Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Leak -Pool Build and French Bistro build kit

Comments

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,477 Member
    I think we need to start putting leak in quotes: "leak"
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,270 Member
    Haha I wondered how long until it was posted. 😄
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,813 Member
    I don't prefer kits, but I prefer build kits if any, and I really think these items look cute.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    I think we need to start putting leak in quotes: "leak"

Spoilers tags and not put info in titles. I prefer surprises. It spices up life and I can use more of that. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 61 Member
    Ugh I really don't want another pool build kit lol - If we're gonna get more kits I'd rather have more unique type of build kits like "greek inspired" or "georgian/southern" - something we haven't seen before!! The french bistro one is cute tho
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,448 Member
    It's nice to get some build options for pools, but we would have needed a pack with functional stuff that probably won't come now.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    I like them, especially the new tiles and the bistro set.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    I was hoping that a pool build kit would have some of the stuff Catloverplayer has been asking for. But nah, this isn't really it.

One day, buddy. One day.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,126 Member
    edited May 10
    Meh. I'm not getting any of this unless it's free one day. I am still resisting the urge to buy the Castle Kit though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,189 Member
    Personally, I'm geeked out about the 1920s pictures, the new olden days Coffeemaker & the classy mirrors. It so reminds me of Roaring Heights. As for the "pool" stuff, I do love the new pretty tent awning & the pool floating chairs, it doesn't look childish for a change. ;)
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    I like both of these and will likely purchase them.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    I'd be happier with the pool kit if we also got a pool Stuff Pack with a couple of new pool items. Or maybe in an update.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    LucyCatx wrote: »
    Ugh I really don't want another pool build kit lol - If we're gonna get more kits I'd rather have more unique type of build kits like "greek inspired" or "georgian/southern" - something we haven't seen before!! The french bistro one is cute tho

I'd rather get a Pool Stuffpack or Gamepack for new gameplay and objects then a kit.
  • Options
    LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 61 Member

I'd rather get a Pool Stuffpack or Gamepack for new gameplay and objects then a kit.

Yeah I'd rather get no more kits and only gameplay but that doesn't seem to be the case, unfortunately - since we're bound to get kits in the future I'd like to see new interesting bb objects, I don't really see any use in a pool kit so I will definitely not be buying that one
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,125 Member
    edited May 11
    52 Kit is kind of weird I feel like some item previews look like continuation of Castle kit and others look like Dream Home Decorator

53 Kit seems like venue thing
    some cool decor thingies
    cabinets remind me of CrCr furniture

overall not things I've been asking for but I guess I'll find some use in these
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,813 Member
    Chiming in @Gordy @jcp011c2 @catloverplayer @LucyCatx about gameplay attached, would be really cool incentive if they added a free update with new gameplay attached to give a reason for kits, like a pool slide for the pool stuff, or a fix for dine out for the French Bistro kit. I always wanted to water indoor plants for the older Blooming Room kits.

@simmerorigin regarding "leak" yes I know Pixelade made the joke before "the call is coming from inside the house". and many simmers remarked of that sorts as well.

@Bluegayle the title is my impression. I don't know for sure. If I just said "leak" it would drown in ever other previous post that comes out every 3 months of leak and will get lost. Looking at the thread, for more information seems appropriate if you interested in the topic. I could be wrong about the theme but look at the objects yourself.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,753 Member

Yeah some new gameplay related to swimming in pools would have been nice, there is not much happening at the pool lot.

The french bistro kit looks nice but so many people mention that dine out doesn't work very well for them... and whenever I visit the cafe lot so many sims just end up overwhelming the barista.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    If these leaks are accurate, kits have officially jumped the shark. We asked for a pool SP with diving boards and slides and we get… a kit with some rocks?? You know what this says to me? We players (well, not me, but as a whole) still collectively buy enough kits to satisfy their bottom line, and that’s all that matters. What we actually want does not matter.

French bistro? Why? Who’s been asking for this? No one. OTOH, we’ve been begging for them to fix Dine Out. Any chance of a “kit” full of restaurant bug fixes coming out at the same time? Of course not, bug fixes aren’t profitable.

What I wouldn’t give for more proper, full, functioning packs and fewer kits.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 79 Member
    Part of maximizing profits is cutting costs wherever possible. :p
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    I still wouldn't write off a Pool Stuffpack this quarter otherwise pool items will come with a hotels pack or possibly a romance pack.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 568 Member
    I can’t help feeling that the content of the pool kit is very similar to stuff we already have. As many have already said, what would be really nice for pools is more gameplay, but it seems that new gameplay will never come in a kit.

I find the Parisian bistro kit more interesting, especially if we ever get a Parisian/French-themed world.