Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse in penthouse

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,367 Member
I added a horse to my penthouse dwelling family and when I exited CAS the game warned me that this is forbidden because "horse needs space". REALISM ASIDE, will there be negative consequences if I keep my horse anyway? By that I mean will the game delete my horse?

EDIT: One potential consequence I was made aware of is the illegal action generation Last Exception errors that can longtermn lead to save file corruption (aka losing that save) So better not try this in a save you're attached to! Create save_as, make backups and ideally use the Better exceptions mod.

c081c3e6d00d0ab1848f16ed62d41db6e00b148c.pnj
Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
Post edited by EnkiSchmidt on

Comments

• Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Are you even able to keep a horse there? I'd imagine the game deleting it maybe? I would make sure you save and upload the horse incase it does get deleted
  • Options
    The horse is safe, she is from my library :) That's how I got her into the household in the first place, by entering household manegement, open the household and then pulling her from the library.

So far everything went well. I traveled a few times with her to participate in tournaments, the game complained, but didn't take action.

I'm going to load my game now, hopefully things will continue to go well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,221 Member
    Lol, you have more nerve than I. Hope it continues to work out. 🙂
  • Options
    edited May 7
    Encountered a minor glitch: The horse sleeping thingie glitched out. It claims I cannot assign it to a horse, because there is no horse in the household. Well, Plum can sleep in the living room just fine (she prefers to nap by the pool, but the carpet and fireplace are always available).

Oh, and I should probably mention that this is with both the teleport cheat active and a mod that allows controlling of animals. Plum cannot enter the elevator (I tried).

Edit: Edited the first post to add a screenshot
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,714 Member
    Haha, how did the neighbors react when finding you and your horse in the elevator? ;)

Sounds cool, I never tried so I can't tell what will happen. So you better enjoy it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,875 Member
    I can't even believe a horse would fit into an elevator. :open_mouth: Have fun with your contraban horse. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,184 Member
    Cool & funny idea. B):D
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,517 Member
    Are you sure the game is not generating exception errors when it "complains" about your horse? Exception errors can, in some circumstances, glitch the game, destroying a save.

I can verify that without mods the game will not allow the horse to be placed, even if teleportation is available. I have tried, and was unsuccessful.

Exception errors can be caught by using MCCC or Better Exceptions. I would advise using one of them to check for exception errors, if either is not already installed in your game. Better safe than sorry. :)
  • Options
    @amjoie Pretty sure the game isn't taking kindly to my messing (not just with the horse, but in all my saves), but that's worth it to me.

Knowing that this is just my personal decision, I will make sure to update my initial post with this information.