Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have You Ever Had A Sim Become Obsessed With Another Sim?

Bren91Bren91 Posts: 305 Member
So I created this young adult male sim. He’s not bad looking, named him Sky. maybe not the best looking male sim I ever created, but I gave him big puppy dog brown eyes. I also made this female sim a while back named Lisa. But I kind of forgot about her, I tend to create a bunch of sims but then sort of forget about most of them. Anyway Sky went out one night to the rattle snake juice bar. Lisa this goofy trait short dark hair young adult female was there. She came over to the bar and began chatting with him so I had him introduce himself.

But then Sky got distracted by other conversations, and Lisa seemed to as well. The next day I enrolled Sky in college to do from home and also gave him a part time job. Between that and extra classes he’s pretty busy. I think the next day I would say is when Lisa started calling, at first it was just asking advice or calling to ask Sky to go to an event to hang out. I had sky reject multiple offers of hers. Since she started to kind of annoy me. I know in this game sometimes when you meet a sim they start calling a lot but she started doing it 2-4 times a day. And often it was asking Sky to go hang out. Then she started calling asking Romance questions asking Sky on a date, and then when he rejected her she started calling out asking if she should go out with other people, I think trying to make him jealous.

Okay I will say it’s not just me as the player that didn’t want Sky to go out with her, he really just didn’t seem interested. He went out to another bar one night and met an another young adult woman there named Sam, and him and Sam hit it off. But guess who showed up? …Yeah, Lisa. Lisa didn’t actually say anything but I swear she’d hang out around just to watch them, it was crazy. Then since Sam and Sky really seemed to hit it off they went on a date.

Sky threw a New Year’s party, the calls are still coming in from Lisa a lot. And sky isn’t biting. At the new years bash she wasn’t even invited, but ended up walking down the street and then coming to his door like she knew he was having a party without her invited. I had sky do the polite thing and invite her in, but then she noticed sky and Sam being flirty and romantic, she began being mean to Sam and trying to talk to sky through out the party. After the party was over she hanged out longer.

Had Sky tell her to go home. Now she doesn’t just call but every day shows up at his house, most of the time when he’s not there. Between his job and Days he has classes, Sky is a busy guy. and at night I’ve seen her just walking the side walk past his little house multiple times. It’s like Lisa is obsessed with sky and can’t take a hint. I always thought it would be funny if there was a romance obsession trait in the game, but after Lisa I’m not even so sure the game needs it, I’ve had sims be annoying like this with other sims but not to this extent. Lisa is relentless like I’ve never seen in the game. Every now and then I ll create a sim and they will take on a life of their own and I love it, because I love the unexpected. Anyway just thought it was interesting and was wondering if anyone else has had a sim that seem obsessed with another sim before? Thought there might be so funny stories.

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    Maybe she needs to be served some bad Pufferfish. >:)

I had Judith Ward stalking the mother and eldest daughter of one of my families. She still does sometimes, just turns up wherever one or the other goes. But I find it interesting because she asked the mom on a date to Selvadorada so I figured she's just rich and lonely, and the mom went because Selvadorada would be quite an expensive but awesome trip for a date. Nothing really happened, but mom got a nice visit out of it, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,027 Member
    edited May 1
    there is some premade sims in my game that are notorious for this like Simeon Silversweater who loves to randomly stand in your backyard regardless of who you are and join in on your dates and conversations with other sims unprompted

I also find theres some sims knocking on my sims doors more often than I would like them to but also I'm paranoid loner so maybe thats why I'm creeped out by them

its good fun though, sometimes.
    I do enjoy creepy vibes in my game 😂
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member
    I think that happens because you have interacted a lot with that sim and not much with any other sim. I notice that often in my game, usually the first sim they interact with will kind of show up again and again, either by phone or come ring their doorbell, etc. If you answer their calls, go meet them when they invite you out, then that is going to turn either into a friendship or love relationship depending on your interactions. Basically, the more you interact with them, the more they seek out your sim.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,359 Member
    Sims obsessed with other sims, oh, definitely. Rose Tico wanting to marry the killer of her sister and going through with it :o (Only indirectly, though, he was in command of the enemy side in the battle where Rose's sister fell. It was part of their backstory.)

The catch here is that I play with free will off, but sweet little Rose still found ways to tell me that she wanted this murderer over there, please.

I think it all started when another household member called to meal and Rose and Armitage chose to sit together. Sims of course will prioritize to sit with other sims, but Rose would have had other options (the household had five members), yet she picked Armitage.

Next they played a console game with two other household members and both got the "I won" moodlet. There can be only one winner, but they both believed that was them. And they were very excited about having won together that they dropped their emotional shields.

Fast forward a week or so and Rose raised the stakes by clipping into her prey several times. Two such occasions I screenshotted and therefore remember well: I told the group (now six sims and one droid) to "walk together" somewhere, and while everyone else made haste, Rose and Armitage hung back, walking side by side, with the backs of their hands touching (a very sweet glitch, by the way, I love it when that happens). Then they merged together when the group was in a bar, and it looked like an awkward attempt at a kiss.

At one point Rose broke a computer and I made the group leader yell at her. I wanted a screenshot of Rose's friends walking up menacingly to the team leader and guess who reached him first? Armitage. So Rose's yearning was definitely reciprocated. At another point Armitage blocked a lightsaber that would otherwise have cut into Rose's shoulder (I have no idea how she ended up right between two other sims sparring, but it was a great scene).

And finally Rose and Armitage were in the finale of a lightsaber dueling torunament together. Rose won, but she de-ignited her lightsaber the same moment Armitage got disarmed, thus turning the win into a draw. I never before saw that glitch, usually the winning sim towers over the loser with the blade extended, not so in this case.

TLD;R: Long story short, I grew increasingly aware of those little scenes and the more I expected them, the more I noticed them. So it was really expectation confirmation, but in my head it became the sim "wanting" this particular partner.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,962 Member
    what @crocobaura said-- usually the first sim befriended visits and calls a lot!

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Yeah, I've had that happen...took me awhile, but I finally figured out how/why. When we're playing a different household in the same save, our sims go about and live their lives on their own; in doing so, they make friendships that we didn't know existed. I've even had sims I didn't know show up at my sim's doorstep, and they already had the pink relationship bar going

Sims are sneaky!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,484 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think that happens because you have interacted a lot with that sim and not much with any other sim. I notice that often in my game, usually the first sim they interact with will kind of show up again and again, either by phone or come ring their doorbell, etc. If you answer their calls, go meet them when they invite you out, then that is going to turn either into a friendship or love relationship depending on your interactions. Basically, the more you interact with them, the more they seek out your sim.

My game must be glitched!
    I would typically populate the worlds with my own sims, half of them are unplayed as I really just want them to be background characters that look right within a specific environment, living their own best lives. Most of them don’t know each other, some do interact with my played sims, some don’t.

I have one of those “background characters” who is rather obsessed with my guy that lives and works in the city, she is however not the first sim he’s ever met and she’s not his best friend. Admittedly, he can be a bit of a charmer- he knows many people and has plenty of buddies that regularly call him up for a good ol’ chat, but this girl, man, she takes the cake altogether.

He met her in San Myshuno at the spice festival - okay- he approached her, she’s a beautiful sim and he’s a brave man, let’s leave it at that. No flirting though, just talking, for now. Nothing romantic whatsoever. Since that evening she’s become completely obsessed with him. She hilariously turns up at his door every second or third day pretending - that’s right, PRETENDING that it’s his birthday ( ?!?…I have aging turned off, how on earth?!)
    So she knocks on his door, says something along the lines of: “hey, since it’s your birthday today, I thought I’d call over to bring you a present!” Every single time she turns up with this pretend birthday story, and the beauty of it all is…this woman actually brings him presents! Random stuff. Some days she gifts him a frog terrarium, other days she brings him chessboard tables or even tablets and cheap computers. Seriously, my sim could just quit his job and sell all those goodies…you know, grow a decent business out of it. He’d be a rich man in no time. I don’t know where she gets the simoleons to buy him all that nonsense to be honest, but hey, you do you girl!

Anyway, at some point she called him to say she has a crush on him ( you don’t say, lady) and that maybe he could ask her out on a date. He did ofcourse, I had him take her to a restaurant in that other city with the large bridge (can’t remember the name). They had an ok time and ONE woohoo session at his home and that’s it. Apparently their personalities clash, they cannot be in a romantic relationship together. Their friendship actually suffered for a while due to that little fling they had. She stopped visiting until they met again at some other festival or bar. They rekindled their friendship and now she’s back again, bringing him presents! It ain’t gonna happen lady, but keep bringing those presents! 😆

Not sure if this is bug related or not -that save has gone through a lot- but I can’t complain, I love that these things happen in my game!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,041 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , I'm jealous,I want that kind of a sim too! My sim's friends over Henford keep giving her pies tho, she often has inventory full of different pies.
    Too bad I usually notice when I get option to clean up spoiled food way later :s
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 , I'm jealous,I want that kind of a sim too! My sim's friends over Henford keep giving her pies tho, she often has inventory full of different pies.
    Too bad I usually notice when I get option to clean up spoiled food way later :s

Pie you say? No one in Henford ever brought my sim pie. How curious. I play in Henford all the time. It’s interesting to see how different these things are for everyone.
    In my game Sims only bring food in Sulani, I’m glad they don’t do that in other worlds. We have butlers for that. And grills. Spoiled food in the inventory is just nah. 👎🏼
    IRL -on the other hand- please feed the bear. 😆
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,444 Member

I would typically populate the worlds with my own sims, half of them are unplayed as I really just want them to be background characters that look right within a specific environment, living their own best lives. Most of them don’t know each other, some do interact with my played sims, some don’t.

I have one of those “background characters” who is rather obsessed with my guy that lives and works in the city, she is however not the first sim he’s ever met and she’s not his best friend. Admittedly, he can be a bit of a charmer- he knows many people and has plenty of buddies that regularly call him up for a good ol’ chat, but this girl, man, she takes the cake altogether.

He met her in San Myshuno at the spice festival - okay- he approached her, she’s a beautiful sim and he’s a brave man, let’s leave it at that. No flirting though, just talking, for now. Nothing romantic whatsoever. Since that evening she’s become completely obsessed with him. She hilariously turns up at his door every second or third day pretending - that’s right, PRETENDING that it’s his birthday ( ?!?…I have aging turned off, how on earth?!)
    So she knocks on his door, says something along the lines of: “hey, since it’s your birthday today, I thought I’d call over to bring you a present!” Every single time she turns up with this pretend birthday story, and the beauty of it all is…this woman actually brings him presents! Random stuff. Some days she gifts him a frog terrarium, other days she brings him chessboard tables or even tablets and cheap computers. Seriously, my sim could just quit his job and sell all those goodies…you know, grow a decent business out of it. He’d be a rich man in no time. I don’t know where she gets the simoleons to buy him all that nonsense to be honest, but hey, you do you girl!

Anyway, at some point she called him to say she has a crush on him ( you don’t say, lady) and that maybe he could ask her out on a date. He did ofcourse, I had him take her to a restaurant in that other city with the large bridge (can’t remember the name). They had an ok time and ONE woohoo session at his home and that’s it. Apparently their personalities clash, they cannot be in a romantic relationship together. Their friendship actually suffered for a while due to that little fling they had. She stopped visiting until they met again at some other festival or bar. They rekindled their friendship and now she’s back again, bringing him presents! It ain’t gonna happen lady, but keep bringing those presents! 😆

Not sure if this is bug related or not -that save has gone through a lot- but I can’t complain, I love that these things happen in my game!

Wow, the most presents my sims got were the eco parts or whatever from the Tinker woman. Maybe she steals all the stuff she gives your sim. 🤣
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,893 Member
    Oh yeah, stalkers. That one sim you introduce yourself to, that decides they'll be your new best friend and nags and nags until you cave in because you can't take it anymore. Just that it doesn't stop if you agree to hang out once or twice, no they keep calling and popping by, so you wonder if there's a way to block this person from ever contacting you again, but there isn't.

I'd like it more if they ever brought gifts :(
  • Options

Wow, the most presents my sims got were the eco parts or whatever from the Tinker woman. Maybe she steals all the stuff she gives your sim. 🤣

I have NAPS turned off and I can't recall giving her the klepto trait when I created her inititally...who knows what kind of selfdiscoveries she's made when I wasn't watching. I won't ask her either, let's not jinx these fortunate times. 😅
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,359 Member
    edited May 11
    I know this thread is about game mechanics, whereas my obsessed sims are more in the head/clipping based, but the couple I told you about in the above post did it again :s

Fresh save, both start in different households. Rose knocks at Armitage household's door, and out STORMS Armitage, proceeding to pull this perfect stranger into a lengthy conversation. None of the other household members show any interest in Rose, but he? He basically yells to the universe "Hey, look, that's my wife from the previous save!!!"

A while later the rules of the challenge I'm playing forced me to put Rose into Armitage's household.

X is where I told her to sleep. (It's a castaway challenge, no beds for them yet)
    801010bac9bf02b5124c9920fd9820694a99e690.pnj

And this is where she decided to sleep instead:
    37145b5fa0e37faeb2bfe107054b962f4a5b5334.pnj

They know each other for less than two days in this challenge, yet they are already cuddling.

And here I was, having planned for them to end up with totally different partners this time around. After this I don't think I can do that.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge