Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MizzTura's Apocalypse Challenge!

MizzTuraMizzTura Posts: 47 Member
Disclaimer: This is a work in progress, I will be updating the rules as I go along as well as posting my own playthrough.

Apocalypse Sims 4 Challenge

Introduction and Rules

Hello and welcome to my own take on the Apocalypse challenge! I’m going to be taking elements from the original and the remake but trying to make it my own! The rules are as with everything:

- No cheats/CC/mods that will give an unfair advantage.
- No ageing Sims up early. The earliest you can age up is when you get the prompt that it is a Sims birthday soon.
- You cannot kill a sim through cheats, you have to let them die naturally or can persuade them (so no killer rabbits for example).
- No adopting
- Reduce money to 0
Optional - you can have a sim try for a baby only. In a post apocalyptic world, protection isn’t something that’s easy to come by.
Each generation has a specific restriction that unlocks something in the world, I will detail these with each generation
You don’t have to do these in order. This is just the order I chose to do and so wrote it down that way.

Spice it up suggestion: If you want to try something a little different, try putting your sim on long lifespan and each generation focuses on an aspiration group. Ex: Nature, Food, Creativity. Of course, some of these aren’t possible or could get very tedious so you don’t have to do ALL of them as a group (like animal or family) and only select certain aspirations but that is up to you. Or you could mix and match and do some as grouped and some as solo.
However, you must be mindful that some of these aspirations that involve travelling to different worlds CANNOT be done. The whole world is supposed to have been falling apart.

Starting out
- You start out with a single sim, they can be any gender, species and age. If you create a teen sim, they must always skip school or, if you have High School Years, drop out.
- You must create a “crazy person”. They will just be a townie, you won’t be playing with them or anything like that but it’s just to add to the immersion of the world building. They will just be a recurring character throughout the story of this challenge.
I created an elder vampire first and moved him into the trailer park lot in Strangerville where I placed a bunker type trailer for them to live from the gallery
- Choose a world and the largest lot in that world for your founder sim. Personally I chose Strangerville and bulldozed the 50x50 “Old Penelope” lot.
- You can build an 8x8 'cabin' with a porch (the porch can take extra floor space and not be part of the 8x8), an underground bunker or create your own little campsite for your sim to live in. Once built, you must place a chain-link fence around the entire property. All furniture must be the cheapest or most grody looking to add to the aesthetic. This is an old, abandoned, run down plot of land and shelter after all.
- Once your sim and the crazy sim are moved in, the challenge begins.

Note: There is options to build various things and build onto your cabin throughout the challenge, but can only be done when stated in the rules.

Any questions, feel free to ask.
Post edited by MizzTura on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 30
    Dear diary,

I don’t understand what happened. One minute the world was fine and then it was not. On my way home from a work shift things seemed weird. The streets were empty and there was dust falling from the sky. It was awful.

I was trying to find someone to ask what was going on when I was on my way home when this crazy person approached me. He had a weird llama helmet on and looked like he’d come out of one of those dystopia movies. He kept saying that the end was here and that we needed to take cover. I don’t know who he was or what he wanted, but he soon ran off down the street shouting about the end of the world. I don’t know what it is about him, but I feel like he isn’t all that crazy. So I did as he said and ran.

I found a cabin on the edge of town. It’s falling apart, but there seemed to be minimal issues so I took cover inside. Once I was inside and I realised my chest was starting to hurt and I couldn’t stop coughing. I don’t understand what’s going on but I think I need to have a rest. The place seems abandoned but there is a bed here, so I’m going to try and sleep this off. I sent my mum and dad a text telling me not to worry and that I would be home soon but it never sent. Hopefully they won’t worry if I’m only gone for a few hours.

I don’t know what it is, but my gut is telling me something big is going to happen. I feel lightheaded though and can’t think straight. When I wake up from a nap I’ll go home and try to find out more. For now I need to sleep.

Generation 1-6: Nature

Freelance Botanist
    Things aren't looking good. Your sim woke up to a wasteland, but there is a shred of hope. A tiny corner within the chain-link walls of your base. Fertile soil, it isn't much but it's a good starting point to try and bring greenery back to the world. There is a lack of food, your sim has a small amount of perishables to feed on but it'll only last a couple of days, if you're lucky.

*Necessary Lot Trait: off-the-grid, dim light, simple living (after 3 days have passed)
    *Job options: Unemployed, gardener (but work only from home)
    *Your sim can eat any choice of food for only THREE days. This is to give your sim time to grow and harvest some fruit, vegetables and herbs.
    *Once you have three days of harvest, then you can start making meals using ONLY your crops.
    *You CANNOT sell your crops at first. There is no one to buy them.
    *You CANNOT upgrade your furniture right now.
    *Any money you get through your job is to be saved or can be invested into a greenhouse your sim can build (this is the only editing you can do to the lot, this generation/aspiration) This will make it easier for your sim to survive if you have a greenhouse built so that crops can grow all year around.
    *Because gardening doesn't take up much time in a day (depending on the size of the garden) your sim can indulge in things like knitting/woodworking/flower arranging etc. otherwise it'll get boring real fast. Anything made from these activities CAN be used to decorate your house because they've been handmade

Once you complete the aspiration you can begin to sell the surplus of crops and flowers/flower arrangements.
  • Options
    edited April 30
    Personal Playthrough

So as I play through, I'll be updating my sims story here and hopefully with screenshots etc. over time. I will explain what I've chosen to do and be writing the story like diary entries to my sim personally.

Founder:
    Lyra Meadows is a green fiend werewolf who loves outdoors and is an animal enthusiast. As a child, she found and helped heal an abandoned fox cub who has since become her loyal pet, Smokey. Smokey goes everywhere with Lyra. She works from home as a gardener.

Lyra-and-Smokey.jpg
    Lyra and Smokey

Lot.jpg
    Home Sweet Home

Close-Lot.jpg
    Close up of their cabin
  • Options
    edited April 30
    Freelance Botanist

Entry one: 1st Sunday of Spring
    Dear diary,

My short nap turned into something much longer but I don't know how long. When I woke up everything was gone, only a couple of houses were left standing. That crazy old man was right. Luckily this cabin seemed to be some kind of doomsday fallout shelter, I managed to find a gas mask looking thing that I can wear whenever I leave this place. Looks like there was more than one crazy person out there. It's just they turned out to be right. I don't feel safe leaving this place just yet, I need to figure out how to survive by myself first - well, unless you count Smokey then I need to figure out how both me and him can survive. Maybe if I last the week, I'll venture out a little further afield and see if there are many other survivors. Who knows, maybe I'll even see that crazy old man again.

I was looking around where I've taken cover. It's a good plot of land. It's huge! When I was looking though I saw a small area close by where there was still some freshly dug up land, I'm hoping it might be fertile soil. There was a couple of seeds lying around in a storage box which I've taken. I'm going to plant these seeds and see how it goes. There isn't much choice in canned goods in this place and there's no electric or plumbing. It's like I'm living in prehistoric times so I have to do what I can to get by.

Wish us luck, I'll update you soon.
    Lyra and Smokey

Entry two: 2nd Sunday of Spring
    -
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 780 Member
    @MizzTura Did you abandon this challenge? I checked the gallery for your lot. Will you be uploading it?