Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freckles or No Freckles

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,899 Member
Help solve this 'argument' (please). I make Sims I think are supposed to resemble realistic people. Imperfection is the key...
Mum makes very pretty Sims, like models. She thinks this Sim she made me is 'ruined' with freckles and is far prettier without them. (she may have a point...)

So,
ZnqE0ym.png
Freckles

or No Freckles
LRBZ4fz.png

Freckles or No Freckles 52 votes

Freckles
82%
crocobauraKita5399alexspoom13OolonglongrudolphaColorist40lisamwittMi9shaoscarelanorbretonkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010loubylouloumonjr8302Serendipity38kiwi84BlueSeaWavesannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR783bienchenEnkiSchmidt 43 votes
No Freckles
17%
freindlylolFlashMarkerLadyKynOldeseadoggeMDianaSimsmusteniSimmingalReaganboganPerti23 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,097 Member
    Freckles
    She looks like a Simmy Jennifer Lawrence.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited April 20
    Freckles
    I think Freckles add a little more personality because I don’t give them to too many sims. But she is cute either way.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member
    Freckles
    Maybe you could give her visible freckles in outfits where she's not supposed to have too much makeup like sleepwear and sportswear. Or winter clothes as they tend to go away after some time without sun exposure.
  • Options
    edited April 20
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe you could give her visible freckles in outfits where she's not supposed to have too much makeup like sleepwear and sportswear. Or winter clothes as they tend to go away after some time without sun exposure.

That would be a grand idea, except CAS doesn't allow for that :/ (I just tried)
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    No Freckles
    Normally I'm all for freckles, most of my sims have them.
    But this particular sim looks nicer in the second screenshot without the freckles. It suits the style of her hair and clothes better.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,971 Member
    No Freckles
    I like freckles but I feel like it also is not realistic that all sims have freckles so if you have many sims with freckles already then id just go with creators vision for this particular sim :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    edited April 21
    Freckles
    Definitely freckles, your Sim looks so cute with them. :)
    I love freckles and I often give them to my Sims (maybe too often). Unfortunately I don't have freckles myself and I'm so jealous of people who have them, maybe that's why I'm obsessed with giving them on my Sims. :D
  • Options
    At this stage, the Sim in question (name of Penelope) has been endowed with the freckles. Though I have found the voting and the discussions very interesting.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Freckles
    Always the freckles! I'm a freckle enthusiast. Beauty and norms be darned.

Chin up and flaunt those freckles!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Freckles
    Though I agree with your general point that imperfections make sims more realistic, I would not even consider freckles an imperfection at all. Some people in real life, as well as sims, actually look cuter with freckles than without, and I would say your sim above falls into that category. The freckles draw attention to her lovely eyes. Without them, she looks pretty bland to me.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Freckles
    LiELF wrote: »
    Always the freckles! I'm a freckle enthusiast. Beauty and norms be darned.

Chin up and flaunt those freckles!

Freckles is beauty. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    Freckles

Amapola76 wrote: »
    Though I agree with your general point that imperfections make sims more realistic, I would not even consider freckles an imperfection at all.

It always saddens me to see so many girls and women hiding their freckles with concealer or fake tans. I don't get it. I know it's none of my business but...Please don't do that, your freckles are absolutely beautiful!!

Many of my sims have freckles, either a subtle splash on the nose or a full facial & body freckle galaxy. Freckles are fun!

OP, in my opinion Penelope looks more natural and vibrant with freckles- it's nice that you went with the first option.