Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[CC] How to make masterpiece jewelry?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,643 Member
    off topic but I can't find a thread on it- what is the point of summoning the grim reaper with the jet crystal- wouldn't that seem the one sim you are avoiding?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,923 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    off topic but I can't find a thread on it- what is the point of summoning the grim reaper with the jet crystal- wouldn't that seem the one sim you are avoiding?

I'm not sure. It does help out with the "Talk to the Grim Reaper about grilled cheese" milestone as @mightysprite showed.

I wonder if sims can use that summon Grimmy to build a good relationship to help in case of a death later?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member

At least good for story telling. And, I think numerous simmers play challenges like having Grim's (and Father Winter's) child etc. Within the strict vanilla game I'm not so sure, but if you want your sim to be areal mysterious jeweler, why not make sure her neighbors see Grim visiting occasionally ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Making random jewelry didn't work either, I tried painting a couple masterpiece painting's first for those buff's too but she only made 2 excellent and the rest normal and it was a full moon, then after I had to buy a second charging grid the skull lost it's charged aura even though it said fully charged. Happy simming 🦹🦇
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited March 24
    Small update! My sim managed to craft another masterpiece. There was also a pop-up saying she had crafted one. She had the "in the zone" buff from painting a masterpiece and was at max focus buff. No charged orange topaz. Success! However, when I tried the same thing again later, no luck. Only excellent.

I also found another masterpiece necklace floating around that apparently I missed. Out of goodness knows how many pieces crafted over many hours, only three masterpieces so far. They seem to be extremely rare!
  • Options
    wgJ8Vkz.pngmWvU9hJ.pngo6BiGWW.png
    Grim actually not the worst when you meet them in other context @Simmerville
    Thanks @iliekponiez for that information. That was so helpful.
  • Options
    edited March 26
    Small update! My sim managed to craft another masterpiece. There was also a pop-up saying she had crafted one. She had the "in the zone" buff from painting a masterpiece and was at max focus buff. No charged orange topaz. Success! However, when I tried the same thing again later, no luck. Only excellent.

I also found another masterpiece necklace floating around that apparently I missed. Out of goodness knows how many pieces crafted over many hours, only three masterpieces so far. They seem to be extremely rare!

does the masterpiece jewelry look different than other jewelry?
    would share your masterpiece jewelry for our sims to wear on the gallery? @iliekponiez do you play 100% vanilla? b/c I found the game doesnt let you get all gameplay features sometimes if you don't like award ceremonies and prom do not function if I have certain mods in.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 439 Member
    edited March 26
    Finally got one! An Edwardian Gothic Necklace in Death Metal with Hematite. To the Gallery it goes!

Edit: my gallery username is Jooleeyuh.
  • Options
    Another one! This time a Mystical Neclace with Literalite and Moonstone. Also uploaded to the Gallery, for anyone wanting an heirloom to pass down their Spellcaster lines.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,985 Member
    edited April 2

I wonder if you can copy the masterpieces on the scientists cloner? And if so, would the clone be a masterpiece?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    ValravnWitchValravnWitch Posts: 93 Member
    Havent made one yet but will try to copypasto it for sure.
    Right now my spellcaster jeweller always copypastos the crystals and metals, very handy.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited April 10

does the masterpiece jewelry look different than other jewelry?
    would share your masterpiece jewelry for our sims to wear on the gallery? @iliekponiez do you play 100% vanilla? b/c I found the game doesnt let you get all gameplay features sometimes if you don't like award ceremonies and prom do not function if I have certain mods in.

Sorry I'm late seeing this! I'd be happy to upload them for you. I'm liekponiez on the gallery. I'll upload a room with the three I've made so far. I'm 100% vanilla. Also, as far as I can tell, they look the same as any other.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I wonder if you can copy the masterpieces on the scientists cloner? And if so, would the clone be a masterpiece?

That is a great idea! Heck, one of my gem-crafting sisters is even a scientist. I'll try it out and let you know!
    Another one! This time a Mystical Neclace with Literalite and Moonstone. Also uploaded to the Gallery, for anyone wanting an heirloom to pass down their Spellcaster lines.

That's awesome! Is your gallery name the same as on the forums?

Update: Masterpieces are indeed able to be cloned! Not only that, but it appears the clone will the charged if the original was!
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    That is good news!
  • Options
    Anyone know of or know how to go about creating a mod to make jewelry masterpieces happen a little more frequently?
  • Options
    edited April 28
    My Sims, through their combined efforts, have finally, finally finished the full Edwardian Gothic collection in Death Metal and Hematite, if that tells you how rarely even the most skilled, focused Gemologists turn out masterpieces.
    Post edited by Flikka_Flikka on