Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are you playing For Rent?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I bought the pack but I’m not using any of the tenant/landlord/rental content.
    I spent weeks completely redoing my Template Save to include residential rentals, only to hit a few bugs that made my template save feel completely unstable. So then I started over, keeping the template save very light on Residential Rentals. I will go back and add them when the bugs are fixed.
    For now, I cloned my Template Save and started a new legacy with my usual legacy founder. Rather than living in a rental, which is what I was hoping would be the case moving forward, she's starting in a starter home in Willow Creek, 2014 style. I'm avoid any residential rentals for now.

I'm the weirdo that likes or has no problems with most packs, I even love Eco Lifestyle. This is the most disappointed and upset I've been by the state of the game. I own ALL DLC (except the goth kit that was just released) but I will probably stop buying any more big packs that are not B/B kits because I just feel like this game is too big and unstable now. It would have to be something very compelling for me to continue to pull the trigger.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,567 Member
    @jennieeffin yes, I agree. I fear the game is getting too big now and will end up a hot mess like TS3 where you really had to use fix-it mods just to get it to run. It seems like a good time for them to fix the bugs and finish with this version before it starts going massively downhill and never ends up getting sorted.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I bought the pack and am playing with everything.
    Yeah I bought the EP but found being a landlord as hard work to keep all your tenants happy. Since there is no rentals big enough for my sims and all of their stuff 😂 but since the gameplay can be buggy I have taken a step back from it
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Other.
    I have enjoyed playing as a landlord but I've discovered once I change a lot to residential rental I can no longer change it to something else. This limits how much I play it.

Retail locations stopped working for me after downloading the pack and my game has started crashing,even when playing in other worlds.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    I do want to add that while I'm hardly using the landlord/tennant system in game and not in play at all, I also have no interest in playing as a landlord... and I rarely play in apartments anyway (Just spent entirely too long playing in San Myshuno with reminders as to why) so I wasn't buying it for the rental gameplay, but for the build option... which, admittedly, is still bugged, but since I'm not using them, I'm praying that I won't get hit with too much save corruption.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I haven’t bought the pack.
    Not only have not bought it, refuse to do so until there is solid word that the multitudes of reported bugs and glitches are resolved. Have seen nothing to date, as though they don't want to admit it's broken.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    edited February 19
    Other.
    I haven’t played in about 3 weeks or so now, but am anxiously awaiting the fix for lots coming up, and any other fixes that will keep from corrupting any of my saves! They have a laundry list out now.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,707 Member
    I've been avoiding playing it since I experienced some of the bugs, and I really want to get back into it as have so many plans for it. I made three lots row town houses in San Sequoia only and I reach the maximum I can without experiencing the save corruption issue.
    Tomarang I have turned to all just residential but I have three there that are supposed to be residential rentals, and I want to make more apartment buildings in other worlds, but I feel like I should wait until its all worked out. Fingers crossed it's fixed soon🤞🏼
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    edited February 20
    Other.
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I've been avoiding playing it since I experienced some of the bugs, and I really want to get back into it as have so many plans for it. I made three lots row town houses in San Sequoia only and I reach the maximum I can without experiencing the save corruption issue.
    Tomarang I have turned to all just residential but I have three there that are supposed to be residential rentals, and I want to make more apartment buildings in other worlds, but I feel like I should wait until its all worked out. Fingers crossed it's fixed soon🤞🏼

Same here, I want to make some more apartment buildings too, and be able to download ones that work too.