Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ranch Hand won't leave

choran929choran929 Posts: 214 Member
edited December 2023 in Mods Bugs & Issues
My ranch hand won't leave. I cancelled the service and even fired her, but she won't leave and now there is a second ranch hand on my lot.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2023
    My ranch hand won't leave. I have cancelled the service and fired her, but she still won't leave and now there are two of them on my lot.
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Try going into manage households and delete her from other households, not in world.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member

I'm gonna me too that. My ranch hand never leaves. I use MCCC to cheat "make sim leave" and she always comes back the next day, which is what I want. I'd like for her to leave at 7 without having to cheat, though. She also follows them on vacation. :neutral:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Are you using Mods? If not you can go to EA Answers to report your problem. Otherwise, this post might help you identify any broken Mods you may have.

Please follow the instructions they provide to add and remove Mods.

If this didn't resolve your problem you will need to do the 50/50 method to identify the problem. (Credit to @rosemow)

Here is how you test your Mod if you suspect it's broken (Credit to @luthienrising)

TO TEST:
    1. Back up your saves in case you save over or corrupt a favorite file while you’re testing.

2. Check that the mod you're suspicious of is the most recent version, is installed properly (in the right-level folder, not two different versions when you're supposed to pick one, not duplicated, following any special installation instructions), and has everything it depends on (packs it needs, other mods it needs. A LOT of mod-related LEs are there because something isn't right about installation and requirements.

3. Remove everything else but the mod being tested (and other files it requires for proper installation) from your Mods folder. Leave only the mod being tested and those other files it needs! This is the only way to be sure that the problem is not a conflict between mods or a misfire by the human-coded mods that interpret game LEs.

4. Delete the localthumbcache file. If you don’t delete it, you could still just be seeing effects of a removed mod that are still in your game.

5. Open your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should in game. If it’s still broken, TELL ME HOW IT'S BROKEN and HOW YOU TESTED IT.

6. "Test vanilla". This means testing with NO files in Mods at all, ideally on a new save. Sometimes what seems like a mod problem (or even has an LE saying it might be a mod!) is actually a game problem. Vanilla tests help isolate the problem to the mod.
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Are you using Mods? If not you can go to EA Answers to report your problem. Otherwise, this post might help you identify any broken Mods you may have.

Please follow the instructions they provide to add and remove Mods.

If this didn't resolve your problem you will need to do the 50/50 method to identify the problem. (Credit to @rosemow)

Here is how you test your Mod if you suspect it's broken (Credit to @luthienrising)

TO TEST:
    1. Back up your saves in case you save over or corrupt a favorite file while you’re testing.

2. Check that the mod you're suspicious of is the most recent version, is installed properly (in the right-level folder, not two different versions when you're supposed to pick one, not duplicated, following any special installation instructions), and has everything it depends on (packs it needs, other mods it needs. A LOT of mod-related LEs are there because something isn't right about installation and requirements.

3. Remove everything else but the mod being tested (and other files it requires for proper installation) from your Mods folder. Leave only the mod being tested and those other files it needs! This is the only way to be sure that the problem is not a conflict between mods or a misfire by the human-coded mods that interpret game LEs.

4. Delete the localthumbcache file. If you don’t delete it, you could still just be seeing effects of a removed mod that are still in your game.

5. Open your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should in game. If it’s still broken, TELL ME HOW IT'S BROKEN and HOW YOU TESTED IT.

6. "Test vanilla". This means testing with NO files in Mods at all, ideally on a new save. Sometimes what seems like a mod problem (or even has an LE saying it might be a mod!) is actually a game problem. Vanilla tests help isolate the problem to the mod.

I am not using any Mods or CC.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Then it is probably a game bug and other than making sure your game is up to date there isn't anything you can do other than report it to the EA Answers link I provided in the first line above. I haven't seen work around for your issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top