Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot showcase

EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
When I didn't have a computer three weeks ago I downloaded Freeplay to fill the void and somehow my little town (that I call Ferndale) grew on me. I'm playing very casually, but consistently, and my current passion project (aside from the police station) is a public pool.

20231022_221934y2dwk.jpg

Meet Soren, firefighter, part-time swim teacher and owner of the public pool (to be)! Pictured with little Damian, whom he has to help into the swim center's pool for a weekly quest task.

Soren also does the figure diving hobby to unlock the diving boards for my own lots.

20231024_163810x6iqd.jpg

Overview over the complex in the state it was in this morning, when I decided to start developing the lot with what I had left on the bottom of my inventory. I chose the lot next to the lighthouse and put my only weather machine on it.

20231024_163021agi8c.jpg

Well, the volleyball net fits... (To the left the owner again.)

20231024_191031jnin1.jpg

Overview over the management building: ticket desks, lockers and washrooms.

The lot doesn't include a flat for the owner so far. I could probably furnish one easily by bringing over furniture from the quest reward beach house, but am still reluctant to raid it that much.

20231024_193720v8flj.jpg

This is Tina, my fishing hobby sim, pictured feeding the fish instead of getting eaten by one as usually happens to her.
Tina is also the sim who originally unlocked swimming pools, as Soren hadn't moved to Ferndale by then.

20231024_193038d9iqn.jpg

Outside view of the public pool (without an actual pool so far).
Most of the stuff was donated by the owner of the beach house that was a quest reward early on.

20231024_193208ynept.jpg

Tina and her BF Shawn sunbathing. They are the couple I accidently formed by clicking too fast while harvesting carrots.

20231024_193338nrcj9.jpg

Soren, the Chens and my currently two children, who help Soren shoot for the figure diving medals. (The boy is scheduled to grow up to teen in the next quest, after which I will take a break from questing and start saving up again.)

I'll post again when I have an update (although not very soon, because I'm also saving for the swimsuit shop). Meantime show me your community lots (or the sweatshops and plantations, I'm pretty sure when you play for a long time and roll in money even those will look good)!

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Welcome to the Sims Freeplay! I've been playing since release in 2011 so 12 years. Although to be honest I don't actually play anymore just the new quests, updates, and events and returning quests that I didn't finish the first time.

Here's a good resource if you have questions or run into any problems. She's an EA Creator Network member and has been posting for 10 years

https://thegirlwhogames.blog/

• Options
    Thank you for the Welcome and the link :) I'm already using this site, knowing the quest tasks in advance is very helpful.

Soren just unlocked diving boards for home lot use and I got a 100K windfall from the simdex progress rewards, so I could develop my pool lot some more without setting my savings for the actually required building back by too much.
  • Options
    Is it really a week already? Phew. I just reached my saving goal for the next couple of quests, every dime earned from now on is free to get spent on the public pool :)

To document the progress have a pitiful collage of what Soren managed so far:

20231029_1239438uiu9.jpg

He unlocked the diving boards the and lifeguard chair, the heart-shaped tub is from a mystery chest, the cute seashell lamps from the pastel life event (I stopped after I had redeemed them, though) and most of the chairs are from the daily newspaper.

And an overview over the location before serious construction started:

20231101_210358z1czy.jpg
  • Options
    And finally the first post where the location actually looks like a public pool:

20231104_141316bpetb.jpg

Next saving goal is the costume and swimsuit shop.